[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White will "Probably" start for Titans

cliaz

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=0900...mp;confirm=true

Fisher says White will 'probably' start for Titans

Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans faced two big questions about their offseason during the preseason. With the end of the preseason, it looks like LenDale White and Chris Brown may settle any concerns about the running game.

White ran for 58 yards on 15 carries in Thursday night's 30-14 victory over Green Bay, and Brown added 42 yards on seven carries. Coach Jeff Fisher said Friday that White "probably" will start, but the two will be splitting the carries.

"I like the rotation. I like the fact that we can keep them both fresh. I think they both have the chance to be more productive when they're fresh in the ballgame," Fisher said.

The Titans had the NFL's fifth-best rushing offense last season with Travis Henry, who was cut March 3 to avoid paying an $8.3 million bonus. He signed with Denver.

The Titans ran for 152 yards against Green Bay and finished the preseason with 499 yards and an average of 3.9 yards.

"We can do a whole lot this season if we can keep having a running game like that," quarterback Vince Young said.

Both showed they can help protect Young against pass rushers, and White cleared the path for Young's 8-yard touchdown run against Green Bay by leveling Packers safety Atari Bigby.

"That's LenDale. He's a physical guy and we need that guy in the backfield as well as Chris Brown," Young said.

White's best run came on fourth-and-1 when he slipped through the line for a 21-yard run, showing off his strength by carrying a couple defenders. Brown averaged 6 yards a carry, including a long of 17, with his deceptive speed.

Brown lost his starting job a year ago to Henry. He said he has no problem with a two-back system.

"The way we run the ball we are going to utilize two backs anyway. We plan to run the ball a lot and take control of the clock in order to win games," Brown said.

Now the Titans can concentrate on settling that other nagging question of who will step up at receiver and help Young now that Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade are playing elsewhere.

Eric Moulds and Brandon Jones started against Green Bay and combined for seven catches, but they still need some other receivers to be more consistent.

If anything I think this means White will see around 60% of the snaps as HB. In a non-auction 12 team league he should fall to around 5th - 7th round depending if your league has any WODMD owners in it or not. :D

Did they find him a man-bra that fit? Honestly, I don't think this guy last long. I can't see him being in the best NFL shape, and I think he gets hurt early on. Chris Brown is made of glass himself, so the rookie better be mentally ready when his shot comes.