[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Go Mountaineers

theeohiostate

Wow, talk about a team that nobody wants to schedule. There's at least a dozen teams that play in BCs conferences that App St. could likely beat (well, by saying this I meant bad teams like the Mississippi schools, Stanford, "Cuse, etc not Michigan who they're currently beating).

At any rate, so you bring in a well coached and solid 1-AA team like App St. If you win, big deal, you just beat a 1-AA school. If you lose, you're freaking toast. Meanwhile, you kick U Conn's ass and still get to claim that you schedule non-conference games against schools in BCS conferences.

Oh, and yes, go freaking App St!

nope USA-USSR 1980 is still bigger

Gotta agree with this one. First off, we don't even know yet how good UM is this year. In fact, they were a popular pick to be the most overrated team in the preseason rankings. Secondly, App St is not your typical 1-AA school. I mean, they are two time defending champs.

Don't get me wrong. Massive, massive upset to be sure. Especially in the big house but...

We're talking the no.5 team in the nation to a team that isn't even in Division 1A football...

I don't care though, as I couldn't care any less about hockey.

That could have more to do with how useless pre season rankings are than the magnitude of the upset. Because a bunch of guys who are basically all guessing at who is good decided UM was #5 shouldn't really have that much bearing on the historical significance of this loss. I mean, UM could end up 7-5 this year for all we know and then, all of a sudden, this doesn't look so insane.