[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan losing to App St at home

Sgt. Ryan

I also think its odd that me being a Michigan homer is the one defending Appalachian State...

I don't understand why you think this is odd. By claiming this is the greatest upset in the history of sports, you are implying that this year's UM is perhaps a more elite team than others here think. That would seem pretty consistent with being a homer.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why you think this is odd. By claiming this is the greatest upset in the history of sports, you are implying that this year's UM is perhaps a more elite team than others here think. That would seem pretty consistent with being a homer.

You know what, you're right.

John Matrix Vs. Columbian drug dealers army

John Rambo Vs. everyone

US Revolutionary War

All of these upsets have opened my eyes. Appalachian State didn't pull off an upset... I should have seen this coming because of there back to back previous championships... :D

While this is a HUGE upset, I still believe that:

Centre College 6, Harvard 0

Oct. 29, 1921

The Praying Colonels came north from Kentucky to shock the Crimson, the Miami of its day (think about that for a minute). Harvard entered the contest with a 25-game unbeaten string, but Centre was no slouch. Quarterback Bo McMillin, who would lead the Praying Colonels to an undefeated season, scored the game's only touchdown on a 32-yard run early in the third quarter.

Remains one of the biggest....

Oh, by the way I was not in attendance ...

Lloyd Carr is the most overrated coach in the history of college football. (How's that for hyperbole?) He parlayed one NCAA championship into years of mediocrity. (Curse you Charles Woodson.)

The alumni have, for the most part, stuck by him. I am hoping that this debacle, particularly the 2 pt conversion fiasco, wakes them up.

You know what, you're right.

John Matrix Vs. Columbian drug dealers army

John Rambo Vs. everyone

US Revolutionary War

All of these upsets have opened my eyes. Appalachian State didn't pull off an upset... I should have seen this coming because of there back to back previous championships... :D

Listen jerky, I'm not the one who is deranged enough to think that anyone who doesn't think this is the "greatest upset in anyone's lifetime" is downplaying the upset.

Ummm The people that vote on it?

You are aware that sometimes in a blue moon teams ranked high in the pre-season don't end up doing jack when the games start correct?

Come on now, you brought the Revolutionary war into this...

Well, yes, to point out what an absurd point your were trying to make.

Oh your right. My bad. People voting on it is much more accurate than kids playing for it.

Reguardless if you like the pre-season polls, they're still going to be here.

You can debate it all you want, but the fact remains that Michigan was rated as the no.5 team.

And somehow because of this, I'm a dickweed.

Your new name is Corky.

I heart you Corky.

You are aware that sometimes in a blue moon teams ranked high in the pre-season don't end up doing jack when the games start correct?

Well, yes, to point out what an absurd point your were trying to make.

1. Yes, I know this. But we're talking about one of the most storied teams in all football, reguardless of level being beaten by a DAA school IN Michigan.

2. It wasn't so much as absurd as it was disagreeing with you on which was a bigger upset.

Reguardless if you like the pre-season polls, they're still going to be here.

You can debate it all you want, but the fact remains that Michigan was rated as the no.5 team.

And somehow because of this, I'm a dickweed.

Your new name is Corky.

I heart you Corky.

Thanks for saying "was rated". Because now we know that the preseason poll is a joke. Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, they are not as good as the "voters" thought? It's pretty hard to label an upset as the greatest in the history of the planet earth on the first weekend of football.

Love,

Corky

Thanks for saying "was rated". Because now we know that the preseason poll is a joke. Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, they are not as good as the "voters" thought? It's pretty hard to label an upset as the greatest in the history of the planet earth on the first weekend of football.

Love,

Corky

They were rated/ranked, whatever floats your boat. In reality, I'm not a fan of the pre-season poll, but I at the very least know its there... And I'm still confused as to who the pre-season poll makes me a dickweed...

Well, it seems like it might be right up there. Well, kind of.

App St. coach said beating UM is almost as big as winning the 1-AA Championship.

Wow, UM, beating you was almost as cool as whatever tiny school they beat for the 1-AA finals!

That's pretty cool, isn't it?

Well, it seems like it might be right up there. Well, kind of.

App St. coach said beating UM is almost as big as winning the 1-AA Championship.

Wow, UM, beating you was almost as cool as whatever tiny school they beat for the 1-AA finals!

That's pretty cool, isn't it?

Of course he said that... You don't expect him to say anything other than his championship is the biggest game to win, do you?

I can't believe what I just saw !!!!! :D

I'm a Wisconsin fan, and I know that this loss by Michigan does not reflect well on the strength of the Big Ten. It might even make UW's chances of beating Michigan less, as if anything will make you re-focus, an embarrassing loss like that should do the trick.

However, all of that said....

:D

:wacko:

Minor modification, but essentially what Menudo said - UM just got embarrassed, and by extension embarrassed the Big Ten. All UM's flaws were revealed - inferior coaching, poor defense, um....well, that's all the flaws you need. They had a bad day and App St had a good one, we've seen it happen to the best of teams.

But now they just may be a wounded tiger - embarrased, angry, focused, they still have the talent to raise hell on the way through the Big Ten and deep-six any hopes that OSU, PSU, and UW have about national titles and/or undefeated seasons.

what the fugg? You gotta problem? Yes I knew because I live in NC and my kid almost went there this year. They're a good football team is all I said. Sheesh. :D

Bah. It's damn close to a AAA ball team upsetting the BoSox.