[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a great day to be a Spartan

policyvote

Ahhhhhhhhh, what a lovely, lovely, wonderful day! I may be stuck at work on Labor Day weekend, but it doesn't get any better than this!

First, it's only UAB, but nobody expected a ritual dismatling. Jehuu Caulcrick shows how badly he's been wasted during his first three years in the JLS "a swing pass is just as good as a run" offense, with four scores in like a quarter and a half. MSU executes perfectly in every phase, and had true freshmen on the field by halftime. Great great win. Also I am told that clips from "300" were played on the DiamondVision early and often, to great effect.

And then . . . oh, yes, sweet sweet comeuppance. Every arrogant, snooty, know-nothing U of M fan is crying in their appletini right now. I would be suprised if "that's Lloyd with two L's" Carr makes it through the night. And I'm not talking about remaining the head football coach, I'm talking about tarred-and-feathered, run-out-on-a-rail, stripped-naked-and-left-in-the-woods lynch mob vitcim here.

Oh, MAN, how sweet it is!

Peace

policy

But at the end of the day your team is still Michigan State...

It may be a good day for you, but the other 364 days are a complete failure.

:D

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You forgot to subtract however many days are in the college basketball season! I mean, I know those days are omitted from the U of M calendar, but still . . .

Peace

policy

Calm down silly...

If you'd read more than this thread you'd know that I'm not arrogant.

The day that Michigan loses to Appalachian State, you're talking about routing MSU. Good luck with that. :D The best line of the day was from MSU's coach. When he found out he said, "Wow, really? That's pretty bad. I think we need a moment of silence." :D

The day that Michigan loses to Appalachian State, you're talking about routing MSU. Good luck with that. :D The best line of the day was from MSU's coach. When he found out he said, "Wow, really? That's pretty bad. I think we need a moment of silence." :D

I guess you've missed every other thread in the college football forum.

You amuse me.

I heart you.

policy pretty much sums up the whole UM-MSU thing:

UM is MSU's biggest rival. MSU students and alumni hate UM and root against them. They have a UM fetish.

MSU is UM's second (probably 3rd if you count ND) biggest rival. UM students and alumni couldn't give 2 schits about MSU.

Sparty on.

Edited by Furd

UAB is awful, that said, Michigan State still destroyed them easily, and I don't think anyone expected that. You can definately tell, there is a new attitude with the Spartans this year, and there new offense suits them way better than JLS's did. Ringer-Caulcrick combo can hang with any combo in the Big Ten so they might cause some waves.

policy pretty much sums up the whole UM-MSU thing:

UM is MSU's biggest rival. MSU students and alumni hate UM and root against them. They have a UM fetish.

MSU is UM's second (probably 3rd if you count ND) biggest rival. UM students and alumni couldn't give 2 schits about MSU.

Sparty on.

:wacko: UM fans make me laugh. They only say that when it is football season but then during basketball, hockey, etc they disappear. You lose to ASU and you rip State Fans, yeah MSU means nothing to you. :D You talk about how we are inferior to UM but since 2000, MSU has 2 major NC, how about UM? Here is how others see UM (click on the video) http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/msu-...tube-video.html :D

Edited by BigTen

but since 2000, MSU has 2 major NC, how about UM?

I didn't realize history started in 2000 :D

And Furd is right. It's funny how much delight that MSU fans get out of UM losses. I remember last year when MSU looked like they may have a good season. It was halftime of the ND game and the rout was on. We all know what happened in the second half. I came here to comment on the game, not to revel in the fact that MSU lost. They then went on to finish tied for last in the Big Ten. That's right, last.

And Furd is right. It's funny how much delight that MSU fans get out of UM losses. I remember last year when MSU looked like they may have a good season. It was halftime of the ND game and the rout was on. We all know what happened in the second half. I came here to comment on the game, not to revel in the fact that MSU lost. They then went on to finish tied for last in the Big Ten. That's right, last.

Your right it doesn't. I was referring to the 364 day comment. And yes you are right that MSU football has been in the crapper the past 10 years, I can admit that. But, I am sick of slappies pretending that the sport season lasts from September to Bowl season. On top of it , I also have to suffer with Lions football :D

Edited by BigTen

I remember when all the country was pointing and somewhat laughing at the SOONER NATION when we lost to Boise. I am just SO greatful that the UM stole the spotlight form us!! :D 1 AA thats some funny shiat right there......

:D UM fans make me laugh. They only say that when it is football season but then during basketball, hockey, etc they disappear.

We were talking about football dipschit.

Now supersize my value meal, and be quick about it.

I remember when all the country was pointing and somewhat laughing at the SOONER NATION when we lost to Boise. I am just SO greatful that the UM stole the spotlight form us!! :D 1 AA thats some funny shiat right there......

Notre Dame has to be thankful after being hammered too. But as shocking as ASU win was I still rank Little Boise's win over the SOONERS as my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgjKXyL_o24

Oh there certainly are games that featured big upsets that I enjoyed more, but none bigger than APP State over Michigan. It's really not even a debate. Even the media is having a difficult time putting it into proper perspective, but it's not even close.

IMO it's probably considered a bigger upset to Big 10 fans. Heck even the ASU coach wasn't that surprised. He said this win ranks right up there with their two NC games.