[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF schedule doubleheaders

Front Row

Wich do you prefer?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Keep in mind, you can only submit one roster for both matchups.

• 2 games per week 28 regular season games
    • 1 game per week 14 regular season games
    • Puddy

We've done this for three years. Helps take some of the luck out, and we love it. It lessens the blow when you are the second highest scorer one week and happen to play the top scorer. The cream rises to the top with more games.

Puddy.

In my local we have single games for every week but one. In the final week, each team plays a double-header. It's a twelve team league. This lets each team play each other and each team plays division foes twice. It also keeps bubble teams interested because most teams are still in the playoff hunt going in to the last week.

Puddy.

In my local we have single games for every week but one. In the final week, each team plays a double-header. It's a twelve team league. This lets each team play each other and each team plays division foes twice. It also keeps bubble teams interested because most teams are still in the playoff hunt going in to the last week.

Puddy also. Unless you have a 2-week playoff and do not play in week 17, I'd never want to play a 14-week regular season.

Like Egret's league, we also (just started this season) play one double header in a 13-week regular season. The only difference is that we do it in week 3, as there are no byes. I like what others are saying about the double headers every week, but there is no way my guys would ever go for it.

Good luck!

Puddy

We mix double headers with single games - doubleheaders are used during non-bye weeks and games are predominantly between same conference teams, when the NFL goes to bye weeks, we go to single games, predominantly against non-conference teams.

That allows us to have a 19 game schedule, everyone plays 2 games against each team in conference twice and non-conference teams once every year, and teams are at full strength for the more important conference games, and we still finish in week 13 with the regular season, which gives us a week 16 championship.

The added bonus of conference double headers in the last 3 weeks as teams jockey for playoff position is a hugh plus.