[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Kenton Keith remain #2 RB in Indy?

MERLINS

Holy crap, guys! I'd swear that you think the Colts couldn't be beaten by a team composed of the best players of the other 31 teams combined. It's okay to admit that your favorite team has flaws - in fact, it gives your opinion some credibility.

If you're talking about me, I believe that I was loud and clear about their run D being a potential big problem.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that after Addai, IND has a huge hole in the backfield, instead of trying to take a position that a turd like Keith is actually a decent NFL player all of a sudden after 6 years of being utterly flushable.

This is funny, coming from a Boncos fans. How did "turds" like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, and Mike Bell ever amount to a hill of beans in the NFL? Perhaps it has something to do with the system? :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be so funny when tomorrow they sign a RB to take the #2 spot and Keith (or whatever his name is) is never heard from again. Hey at least he got his two pages of fame on the Huddle message board.

very well could happen. As a matter of fact, I think I said that in post #2.

How did "turds" like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, and Mike Bell ever amount to a hill of beans in the NFL? Perhaps it has something to do with the system? :D

:D all you want. What exactly does that have to do with this argument? It's the same crap you always turn to when confronted about an IND weakness - try to turn it into a DEN thing. Do you think that hurts me somehow, or changes that IND is incredibly shallow at RB?

So who is the more valuable #2 backup RB - Kenton Keith or Selvin Young?

I'd have to say Young, only because he's never failed in the NFL before. Keith has failed miserably in his other attempts to be a NFL RB. Now as to whether Young will ever have NFL credentials? Who knows - but even Shanahan passed on him repeatedly in this past draft in every round.

I'd have to say Young, only because he's never failed in the NFL before. Keith has failed miserably in his other attempts to be a NFL RB. Now as to whether Young will ever have NFL credentials? Who knows - but even Shanahan passed on him repeatedly in this past draft in every round.

:D You are still an idiot.

I never EVER said the Colts weren't "shallow" at RB. They absolutely are.

I just disagreed with your analysis that "IND is in bad trouble. A poor D and a poor running game add up to mediocrity at best in the NFL, even with the Great Peyton Manning at QB".

Trying to twist my words into saying that Keith is "great" hasn't changed the fact that you are wrong about the Colts chances if Addai gets injured.

Edited by CaptainHook

:D all you want. What exactly does that have to do with this argument? It's the same crap you always turn to when confronted about an IND weakness - try to turn it into a DEN thing. Do you think that hurts me somehow, or changes that IND is incredibly shallow at RB?

Your refusal to recognize the concept of a great offensive system being able to get by with a mediocre back is amusing, given that it has happened more than once on your own freaking team. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Trying to twist my words into saying that Keith is "great" hasn't changed the fact that you are wrong about the Colts chances if Addai gets injured.

Because NFL history is just loaded with examples of teams with crappy run Ds and crappy run Os dominating the league, right?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Your refusal to recognize the concept of a great offensive system being able to get by with a mediocre back is amusing, given that it has happened more than once on your own freaking team. :D

Umm, if I'm not mistaken, since DEN hasn't had a proven stud RB, it seems to me that they have won exactly 1 playoff game in the past 7 years.

Is that the concept of a great offensive system with mediocre RBs being successful that you're thinking of?

Because NFL history is just loaded with examples of teams with crappy run Ds and crappy run Os dominating the league, right?

No team has ever won the Super Bowl with the 32nd ranked run defense.

Oops. Wait. That happened.

And once again, I disagree with you assessment that the Colts run offense would be "crappy" if Addai got hurt.

Umm, if I'm not mistaken, since DEN hasn't had a proven stud RB, it seems to me that they have won exactly 1 playoff game in the past 7 years.

What does a strong offensive system have to do with winning playoff games? Would you not agree that the Bengals have a pretty freaking good offense? How many playoff games have they won recently?

Is that the concept of a great offensive system with mediocre RBs being successful that you're thinking of?

You mean like the Patriots winning two Super Bowls with Antowain Smith as their featured back?

But they've been better than "mediocre at best", which is what the Colts would become without Addai, right? :D

Given that Dorsey was cut, my money is on the waiver wire.

:D Ah, amidst the pissing match I'm glad I saw your post here... I must have missed that cut from the weekend. Been pretty ardent in my following of transactions.

How would Jason Snelling - cut by the Falcons - fit in with the Colts? :D

I said he had a higher probability to be a bust than the other 4 top RBs taken in the draft other than White. There's a difference, even though you don't want to make that distinction since it isn't as fun for you. Addai still hasn't proven (or disproven) that he can carry a full time load. He has proven he's a NFL talent.

143 total yards and a TD.

I saw Ugoh play in college & said he was slow and played by overpowering people at that level rather than learning some technique and moving his feet (which I doubt he's capable of doing well). His play in the preseason only reinforced that he's beatable, and Manning is going to find that out the hard way (like he already has). SD clearly has shown what happens to Manning's effectiveness when he's under heavy pressure.

He played fine tonight. Didn't slow the Colts offense down at all. Didn't need TE or RB help to block.

IND is worse this year than they were last year when they were 32nd against the run. They may creep out of the bottom 3/4 run Ds, but that could easily be a factor of other teams getting worse rather than them getting better.

Hmm. Against the #1 offense in the NFL last year, the Colts held Bush and McAllister to a combined 76 yards. They gave up less than 200 yards passing. And forced 3 turnovers. One of which they returned for a TD.

Asked and answered, your Honor. Have YOU actually seen him play against anything other than future short order cooks and/or Canadian poofs?

Kenton Keith had 5 carries for 32 yards. Thats over 6 yards per carry.

Good call BB. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

After watching the game last night, and boy did NO suck, I think my fat a$$ could run behind that line. Reminds me of the old Cowboys when Emmitt would be 3 yards across the line of scrimmage before any contact was made. Kenton Keith looked good and I was glad to see him get some action. He will for sure look to get some touches as the year progesses. I think the coaches will be ok with what they say from him.

He played fine tonight. Didn't slow the Colts offense down at all. Didn't need TE or RB help to block.

Hmm. Against the #1 offense in the NFL last year, the Colts held Bush and McAllister to a combined 76 yards. They gave up less than 200 yards passing. And forced 3 turnovers. One of which they returned for a TD.

Good call BB. :wacko:

I was waiting for this response after last nights game!!!! :wacko:: :D:D

Unless you're a staunch CFL follower, no one's seen him play pro football for real. So the answer is no, I haven't seen him play.

Why don't you tell us why he's a credible NFL RB when 31 other teams don't seem to think so and haven't thought so for the 6 years he's been out of college ball (32, actually, until this year).

I'm Canadian. I've seen him play throughout his CFL career. Is obviously very talented and a hard runner. Doesn't fumble. Has the whole package. Does it mean he'll do well in the NFL? its a different game but if he's a hard worker there's no reason he shouldn't. And as for no NFL teams picking him up 'til now, see WARREN MOON.....arguably the greatest CFL QB of all-time and now NFL HOFer. ....and Doug Flutie had to come to Canada to be given a shot too.

This will be so funny when tomorrow they sign a RB to take the #2 spot and Keith (or whatever his name is) is never heard from again. Hey at least he got his two pages of fame on the Huddle message board.

I'll never forget when Warren Moon played in his first NFL preseason game for the Oilers vs. the Cowboys and Joe Namath said "This ain't the CFL".

Its laughable that people who don't know a thing about a player automatically discount him.

I don't think I've ever seen any one person be so wrong about so many things in a clump like that.

But you have to give BB credit... he's out there on the edge, calling them like he sees them. I applaud that sort of unwaivering conviction in faulty opinions.

:D

Like I said, the Colts don't need a veteran backup halfback with an impressive NFL resume. Any halfway decent back can produce in that system. I don't even see how Keith is a downgrade from Rhodes, except for Rhodes knowing the system better.

I think that Hook was right about Keiaho. Dude looked incredible last night. Hell, the defense in general looked like a swarm of angry hornets. And I'm liking the new formations and the heavy use of Clark in the slot and as a wideout (blocker) on running plays.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I don't think I've ever seen any one person be so wrong about so many things in a clump like that.

But you have to give BB credit... he's out there on the edge, calling them like he sees them. I applaud that sort of unwaivering conviction in faulty opinions.

:D