[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon Walker 1500 yards?

Randall

I have him as a top 10 WR(maybe 1300 yards). He was top 5( in GB before the injury.

WR Walker Sets Goal Of 1,500 Yard Season

Arnie Stapleton, Associated Press, CBS 4 Broncos Insiders -

Denver Broncos WR Javon Walker figures he can have a 1,500-yard season now that he's healthy, he knows the offense better and RB Travis Henry is in the backfield to take some pressure off the passing game.

DEN has two good pass-catching TEs (Graham and Scheffler) to cut into Walker's numbers.

Also, I do think that Walker should get 1000-1200 yards ... but, I'm not expecting him to see the endzone as much as lots of other guys in the same yardage range ...

In the last 3 seasons, the only player to hit 1,500 yards receiveing was Steve Smith in 2005 with around 1,560 (Santana Moss just missed that year with 1,483). In 2006, Chad Johnson led the league at around 1,370, and in 2004 Muhsin Muhammad led the league at just over 1,400. I didn't look any further back than that, I know Torry Holt had a monster season somewhere in there at close to 1,700 I think.

Point being that 1,500 is a huge number for a wideout - although I do like to see players setting high goals for themselves.

In the last 3 seasons, the only player to hit 1,500 yards receiveing was Steve Smith in 2005 with around 1,560 (Santana Moss just missed that year with 1,483). In 2006, Chad Johnson led the league at around 1,370, and in 2004 Muhsin Muhammad led the league at just over 1,400. I didn't look any further back than that, I know Torry Holt had a monster season somewhere in there at close to 1,700 I think.

Point being that 1,500 is a huge number for a wideout - although I do like to see players setting high goals for themselves.

Last year he had 1200 receiving and running . I thought he meant combined yards.

I believe walker's numbers went down pretty significantly last season when cutler took over ...I am sure cutler will be better this year but denver is still a running team , and cutler is still young and no doubt teams will focus on walker heavily when defending broncos offense

I actually don't think walker will break 1200 yards let alone come near 1500

If Marshall plays like everyone thinks he will, Walker wont get 1500 based on that. However, if Walker turns out to be the only guy that can get it done, then ya, he might get that, but I doubt it. Cutler IS still very young....

Do you really think Marshall will be good this year?

I believe walker's numbers went down pretty significantly last season when cutler took over ...I am sure cutler will be better this year but denver is still a running team , and cutler is still young and no doubt teams will focus on walker heavily when defending broncos offense

I actually don't think walker will break 1200 yards let alone come near 1500

I thought they made some strong connections the last couple weeks of the season...

I'm going to check this out now..

+1

Rod Smith's best season was in 2000 when he went for 1600/8.

I think that was also the best season for any WR under Shanahan in Denver. Most of Smith's seasons were in the 1050-1250 range.

1500 is not out of the question but that would be a monster year. The more likely outcome is 1050-1250.

+1

Rod Smith's best season was in 2000 when he went for 1600/8.

I think that was also the best season for any WR under Shanahan in Denver. Most of Smith's seasons were in the 1050-1250 range.

1500 is not out of the question but that would be a monster year. The more likely outcome is 1050-1250.

Shanahan said he'd open up the offense with Cutler more than he did with Plummer which was only a little less than he did with Griese...

I thought they made some strong connections the last couple weeks of the season...

I'm going to check this out now..

Cut and pasting the below right from huddle ( predictions , player projections )

"Most relevant is that once Jay Cutler became the starter in week 13 (AKA just when you needed him most), Walker only averaged 46 yards per game for the rest of the year after turning in around 78 yards each week. He scored once in games against the Bengals and Cardinals but only once had more than 52 yards when Cutler was playing. Walker had problems from a lack of a #2 wideout to worry the defense and relieve coverage on him. Rod Smith has lost two steps by now while Brandon Marshall is still learning the game. Walker is clearly talented but that works against him until Cutler becomes more comfortable throwing into the tight coverage that Walker’s talent attracts. Expect a season that improves as Cutler gains more experience and realize that four of his eight scores came in just two games with Plummer as quarterback and those games produced 264 receiving yards – about 25% of his season totals. "

Walker has had exactly ONE elite season, and that was in Green Bay where they were winging it 40 times a game. He will not approach those numbers in Denver (where they will throw it 20-25 times a game) or ever again IMO. Every player has their "career season", and I think Walker already had his...

In 2004 Favre was throwing 33.7 times a game(540 attempts) and GB had 2 elite WR's. The year later he had a torn ACL and last year had 1200 combined yards. He was top 15 in catches last year and didn't recover from his ACL until now.

In 2005 Plummer threw 28.5 a game(456 attempts). The difference is 5 attempts a game. Look it up.

People keep saying Denver doesn't throw a lot, but that really isn't true.

Cutler & Walker will take some time to develop chemistry. Plus Marshall has to play up to his hype. However with that in mind I can see 1100 and 8 easy. Perhaps that's my minimum. With Javon's ability to get down field and Cutlers arm strength I see a lot of big plays. If there is any QB-WR upside to watch for it will be with these 2. I still say Javon is a great WR1

In 2004 Favre was throwing 33.7 times a game(540 attempts) and GB had 2 elite WR's. The year later he had a torn ACL and last year had 1200 combined yards. He was top 15 in catches last year and didn't recover from his ACL until now.

In 2005 Plummer threw 28.5 a game(456 attempts). The difference is 5 attempts a game. Look it up.

Thank you for looking those stats up, Randall -- now I don't have to. :D

ROYALWITCHEESE: Don't pass along your weak, inaccurate guesses as facts. That's not why people frequent this board. :D

LMAO So to prove a point you use PLUMMER'S stats? Why that makes perfect sense. Why didn't you use Cutler's numbers hmmm? Wouldn't that make more sense?

1) Cutler is NO Favre. 2)With Travis Henry Denver is likely to run MORE not less.

5 more passes per game is a lot. That's over an 18 % difference you morans...

And if it isn't (according to you two) then Walker's numbers should have been near equivalent. Correct? So what happened?

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

I have him as a top 10 WR(maybe 1300 yards). He was top 5( in GB before the injury.

WR Walker Sets Goal Of 1,500 Yard Season

Arnie Stapleton, Associated Press, CBS 4 Broncos Insiders -

Denver Broncos WR Javon Walker figures he can have a 1,500-yard season now that he's healthy, he knows the offense better and RB Travis Henry is in the backfield to take some pressure off the passing game.

every player sets goals....the one's that talk about them - NEVER make them!

It's true.

Cutler will still be a work in progess this season....not sure how many games they're going to rely on his arm to win.

If I were a betting man - Henry gets 1500, not Walker.