[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minnesota Homers - Taylor vs Peterson

SpinalTapp

I have them both and I still have no idea which one to start. Please will someone from Minnesota give your two cents on this situation. I might just have to scrap both for Jerius Norwood.

I have Peterson, Taylor, Norwood, and MBIII. I'm actually contemplating starting both Taylor and Peterson...

I have them both and I still have no idea which one to start. Please will someone from Minnesota give your two cents on this situation. I might just have to scrap both for Jerius Norwood.

Peterson is definitely going to get touches because he is a playmaker, but I would give it a game or two to see how it unfolds. Pre-season was pretty vanilla and Taylor didn't play that much. I think the carries might be 50/50 for a while. Just think what it was like in Philly a while back...

Vikings got an insane run defense. This is not the week to go with Norwood JMHO

I got Peterson, Norwood, Brandon Jackson and Lamont Jordan as my RBs (auction gone bad).

I am starting Lamont and Peterson

Vikings got an insane run defense. This is not the week to go with Norwood JMHO

I got Peterson, Norwood, Brandon Jackson and Lamont Jordan as my RBs (auction gone bad).

I am starting Lamont and Peterson

I think they are your only 2 options this week to be honest...

you forgot to add Peterson for the receiving yds...and better chance for an explosive play..

So do you think Peterson gets enough touches to warrant a #2 RB spot, vs. another RBBC player like Fred Taylor.

I want to start Peterson. I drafted knowing I'd have issues in the first few weeks, but if you think he gets passes out of the backfield then for me it's a no brainer in PPR league.

Any thoughts?

Gosh ... this is starting to sound like a "Who do I start?" thread. :D

Just to clarify I wasnt asking who to start. I told him my roster and stated who I will be starting to emphasize that I think Norwood is a bad play this week.

Now that I got that out of the way pick 2

Roy Williams

Larry Fitz

David Boston

(just kiddding)

I think this will be similar to the situation in Indy last year. Taylor put up some decent #'s no doubt. However AP is the game breaker and the future. I would say it will be a 60-40 split for Taylor to start. But by week 5-6 AP will have earned his touches and will probably be a monster the final weeks of the season. He is just that good. It will be a slower transition that most think. But again I stress that after week 5 or 6 AP will be the hands down player to own and start.

So do you think Peterson gets enough touches to warrant a #2 RB spot, vs. another RBBC player like Fred Taylor.

I want to start Peterson. I drafted knowing I'd have issues in the first few weeks, but if you think he gets passes out of the backfield then for me it's a no brainer in PPR league.

Any thoughts?

well in the thread that i mentioned...it said they plan on using his pass catching abilities with him and Chester sharing the backfield at the same time...

starting him over Fred taylor can be risky...but I'd just play the matchups...

by week 4 you should have a good idea where you want to go....

week 1....play the matchups the best you can with what little info you have about how things will go..

Childress on Sirus radio today:

Childress on the plan for RBs Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson: “Well, you know what you do during training camp is you look and see what plays they take a look at the best and you want to make sure that you’re getting them on the field with their best stuff. Obviously, the goal is they look at it all the same but the truth is different guys look at different plays different ways. And so, yeah, we’ve got an idea of how we want to use [Adrian] and how we want to use Chester with him.”

Sounds like they are already game planning around Adrian....

Edited by Outshined