[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"That guy"

Jumbie

To be honest I don't care if your league scoring rewards QB's with the last name of Rivers with 10 bonus points each game. Taking him in the third round is insane. Our scoring is PPR and 4 pts/TD throw. I understand your logic but one needs to fill their roster out with receivers and running backs to be competitive. Selecting one QB early is understandable (not Rivers and I am a Charger Homer) but two QB's back to back with Rivers being the first is neglecting the rest of your roster.

You are correct if it's PPR and 4 points/TD... a lot of leagues are still without PPR and 6 for a passing TD. Analysis of the scoring system is key in seeing if this makes sense.

What's the scoring system? If it's 6 pts/TD and no PPR, this was a very good move. Picking between Rivers/Bulger every week doesn't put you in an ASYS quagmire. If you pick the weeks right most of the time (against match-ups), you'll get the equivalent of P.Manning in QB production. It also starts a QB run if QB's are weighted heavily in the scoring system. At the end of the season, it's a good bet that both will be at least fighting for a playoff spot, so you may get awesome production weeks 15-17 for your FF playoffs. Also, if too many QB's go, then the last two teams to pick a QB are gonna have to back them up sooner rather than later, which shifts the draft to make more options for you in the mid rounds. If disaster strikes, you can deal either of them and still cover.

I think you may be missing a key point...if someone drafts a questionable player earlier, that shifts the draft in the earlier rounds, which is a bigger deal than shifting the draft in the middle rounds as the players in the earlier rounds are better than the ones in the middle rounds.

You are correct if it's PPR and 4 points/TD... a lot of leagues are still without PPR and 6 for a passing TD. Analysis of the scoring system is key in seeing if this makes sense.

No analysis of any scoring system other than one that give Chargers 100 pts per season more than any other players justifies Rivers being taken in the 3rd round.

league scoring rewards QB's with the last name of Rivers with 10 bonus points each game.

:D sounds like a scoring system that's worth looking into...

Maybe you could throw in some sort of multiplier based on the number of guys with the same last name in your starting lineup. I bet that would shake a draft up pretty well...