[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst draft pick ever?

buddha

A guy in my draft on sunday picked. Adam Vinatieri in the first round at 1.7. Yep it is true. I told him he should call him and tell him that he was drafted in the first round... I bet he has never been picked in the first round before. We even asked him again if he wanted to changfe and he said he has a strategy.

Anyone have a worse pick??

A guy in my draft on sunday picked. Adam Vinatieri in the first round at 1.7. Yep it is true. I told him he should call him and tell him that he was drafted in the first round... I bet he has never been picked in the first round before. We even asked him again if he wanted to changfe and he said he has a strategy.

Anyone have a worse pick??

You're in shock now?. . .wait till the end of the year when he has a better record than you.

That is pretty bad, however in our league we have renamed the first overall pick to "The Skip Hicks" pick.

yeah...that's right...it actually happened. In 1999 at Nick's at the Beach in Pacific Beach... The dude had the first overall pick. Stephen Davis was primed that season to have a breakout year and the guy takes like 5 minutes to decide when he had the entire offseason. He stood up and proclaimed....SKIP HICKS!!!

Absolutely true...and shameful.....

We had a guy this year (a little more than a week ago) who took Leftwich at 3.04.

Still on the board at the time: Brees, Rivers, McNabb, and BRADY. :D

We had the guy who has LT try to draft Lefty as a 2nd QB on Monday night. We didn't let him. The guy behind him was a bit miffed.

If Lefty had been cut before our draft, we probably would have not let him take him either, but it was like the day before the big story broke. Though the possibility had been discussed here at the Huddle before that. :D

If Lefty had been cut before our draft, we probably would have not let him take him either, but it was like the day before the big story broke. Though the possibility had been discussed here at the Huddle before that. :D

You do have to love drafting with STL homers. Holt was the first WR out, Bulger the third QB.

You do have to love drafting with STL homers. Holt was the first WR out, Bulger the third QB.

:D In ours, it's like we're all so afraid of being labelled a homer that we downgrade guys. And of course anytime a Ram gets picked, everyone yells "HOMER" even when it's Steve Jackson or Bulger or Holt in the perfect spot in the draft. Even the guy who took Wilkins got it.

:D In ours, it's like we're all so afraid of being labelled a homer that we downgrade guys. And of course anytime a Ram gets picked, everyone yells "HOMER" even when it's Steve Jackson or Bulger or Holt in the perfect spot in the draft. Even the guy who took Wilkins got it.

I dont know why but I always win Wilkins as my kicker in my local auction. Its like my trademark for many years. I even paid pretty high for a kicker for him. I think I have a man crush.

I dont know why but I always win Wilkins as my kicker in my local auction. Its like my trademark for many years. I even paid pretty high for a kicker for him. I think I have a man crush.

Two things:

1. Have you seen the guy? He's a huge bodybuilder/fitness freak.

2. Plus he's the strong-legged, home-games-in-a-dome, kicks for a productive offense kind of guy.

You tell us which of those two things are the reason you end up with him. :D

Two things:

1. Have you seen the guy? He's a huge bodybuilder/fitness freak.

2. Plus he's the strong-legged, home-games-in-a-dome, kicks for a productive offense kind of guy.

You tell us which of those two things are the reason you end up with him. :D

Just to not lose respect among thehuddle i will pick #2

He's my favorite kicker. You have to love a kicker for a dome team that moves the ball up and down the field but doesn't get in the end zone a ton.