[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Put your head on the chopping block!

FishFreak

Yeah we all have our opinions but I thought it would be cool to put them on record. Here are the rules...state five not so obvious predictions you feel strongly about and why. Keep your predictions to fantasy numbers not team predictions, etc. It should be fun to see how things shake out and who are the real "experts" for this year. So here I go:

1) Phillip Rivers exceeds expectations and is a top 6 QB. Like I said before, this guy will throw for 3,600 yards and toss 25+ TDs. LT ain't scoring 31 TD's this year and Gates/Jackson should have 18 receiving TD's combined alone so I really think Rivers makes a big leap this year.

2) Lamont Jordan comes back to have a nice fantasy campaign as a solid RB2. I think 1,500 total yards and 8-10 TD's is very possible. Extra motivation, Rhodes lurking in the shadows and keeping Jordan fresh equal a good year. Did I mention that the Raiders got rid of those idiotic coaches?

3) Santana Moss- Just a bounce back hunch here not many reasons. 1,100 yards and 8 TD's.

4) Peyton Manning- Has 42 total TD's this year. Bad D, less overall rushing TD's and addition of Anthony Gonzalez brings back memories of 04.

5) Reggie Wayne ends up as the no. 1 fantasy WR with a breakout monster year: 1,400 yds and 14 TD's. It's finally time for him to over take Harrison.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll try and go out on a few limbs....

1. vince young will be a top-5 fantasy QB

2. brandon marshall will end up denver's #1 fantasy WR

3. jamal lewis will significantly out-perform his ADP and have a big year

4. fred taylor will score more fantasy points than MJD, despite going 3+ rounds later in drafts

5. cedric benson and rex grossman will both finish in the top 10 at their positions

i'm sure i'll look like a complete fool after the season on at least one or two of these :D

1. Tony Hunt will be the highest scoring rookie RB this year, much to the chagrin of Westbrook owners.

2. Deshaun Foster will finish the year as a Top15 RB, easily eclipsing his pre-season ranking amongst RBs.

3. Terrell Owens, via injury or suspension, will play in no more than 11 games.

4. Wes Welker will finish the season as the Patriots top producing WR....1100 yards, 8 TDs.

5. Stephen Jackson will fall short of his goal of 2500 combined yards, but not by much...2350 combined (1700 rushing, 650 receiving), while scoring 23 TDs to lead the NFL RBs in fantasy scoring.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

i'll try and go out on a few limbs....

1. vince young will be a top-5 fantasy QB

2. brandon marshall will end up denver's #1 fantasy WR

3. jamal lewis will significantly out-perform his ADP and have a big year

4. fred taylor will score more fantasy points than MJD, despite going 3+ rounds later in drafts

5. cedric benson and rex grossman will both finish in the top 10 at their positions

i'm sure i'll look like a complete fool after the season on at least one or two of these :D

Not sure if he will out perform Walker but I like this prediction..I think Marshall will have a nice year

1) Big Ben will finish in the top 5 at QB

2) Vernon Davis will finish in the top 3 at TE

3) Despite being a Texan and Huddle ranked 25, Shaub will finish in the top 15 at QB

4) Despite his Huddle ranking of 30, Porter will finiah as a top 15 WR

5) Darrell Jackson will not be the #1 WR for SF by end of season.

So sayeth The Billman

1. Shaun Alexander will make people regret passing him up to take Joseph Addai.

2. Lawrence Maroney will be a top 5 back, Joseph Addai will not.

3. Peyton Manning will toss over 40 TD's.

4. The Jones boys - James of Green Bay, and Jacoby of Houston will both be starters and have at least 6 TD's each.

5. Terrell Owens will once again lead all WR's in TD's.

1. Randy McMichael will significantly under-perform his ADP. BUST!

2. Tom Brady will be Peyton's statistical equal this year, and will beat him in the AFC championship game.

3. Edgerrin James will have a top-five year. (And the Cardinals will still disappoint.)

4. Adam Carriker will not be enough to keep the NFC from running roughshod over the Rams again on the ground.

5. Chris Cooley (round 9.01) will supplant Tony Gonzalez (round 5.10) as my TE starter by week 6.

1. Shaun Alexander will make people regret passing him up to take Joseph Addai.

2. Lawrence Maroney will be a top 5 back, Joseph Addai will not.

3. Peyton Manning will toss over 40 TD's.

4. The Jones boys - James of Green Bay, and Jacoby of Houston will both be starters and have at least 6 TD's each.

5. Terrell Owens will once again lead all WR's in TD's.

Man, I hope you're wrong about that!

1) Despite much lower preseason rankings, at least one of the following players will end up near the top of all starters at their position in a PPR league (i.e., top 3 QB, top 5 RB, top 10 WR or top 3 TE): JCampbell, DCulpepper, JDelhomme, TJones, MLynch, APeterson (MIN), VJackson, JPorter, SHolmes, DGraham, BScaife and ZMiller.

2) At least one of the following players will end up as the #1 fantasy WR on their team by the end of the season: RCurry, DWilliams (BAL), MClayton (CHI), MBooker, MFloyd, DJ Hackett and MStovall.

3) At least one of the following lower-ranked RBs will have over 1000 yards rushing: MRobinson (SF), APeterson (both versions), THunt, MTurner, SMorris, VMorency, LBetts and LWhite.

4) At least two of these TEs will end up as either leading their team in receptions, receiving yards or receiving TDs: VDavis, TGonzalez, KWinslow, BScaife, ZMiller and AGates.

5) At least two of these QBs will toss more than 25 TDs: BFavre, PRivers, JDelhomme, JCampbell, DCulpepper, MLeinart and MRoethlisberger.

1) Despite much lower preseason rankings, at least one of the following players will end up near the top of all starters at their position in a PPR league (i.e., top 3 QB, top 5 RB, top 10 WR or top 3 TE): JCampbell, DCulpepper, JDelhomme, TJones, MLynch, APeterson (MIN), VJackson, JPorter, SHolmes, DGraham, BScaife and ZMiller.2) At least one of the following players will end up as the #1 fantasy WR on their team by the end of the season: RCurry, DWilliams (BAL), MClayton (CHI), MBooker, MFloyd, DJ Hackett and MStovall.

3) At least one of the following lower-ranked RBs will have over 1000 yards rushing: MRobinson (SF), APeterson (both versions), THunt, MTurner, SMorris, VMorency, LBetts and LWhite.

4) At least two of these TEs will end up as either leading their team in receptions, receiving yards or receiving TDs: VDavis, TGonzalez, KWinslow, BScaife, ZMiller and AGates.

5) At least two of these QBs will toss more than 25 TDs: BFavre, PRivers, JDelhomme, JCampbell, DCulpepper, MLeinart and MRoethlisberger.

Boy oh boy, i'd be in great shape within most of my leagues if this one comes true. :D

5. Stephen Jackson will fall short of his goal of 2500 combined yards, but not by much...2350 combined (1700 rushing, 850 receiving), while scoring 23 TDs to lead the NFL RBs in fantasy scoring.

I predict that swammi will become the nation's leading math tutor... and America will fall even further behind the rest of the civilized world in test scores :D

j/k

1) Despite much lower preseason rankings, at least one of the following players will end up near the top of all starters at their position in a PPR league (i.e., top 3 QB, top 5 RB, top 10 WR or top 3 TE): JCampbell, DCulpepper, JDelhomme, TJones, MLynch, APeterson (MIN), VJackson, JPorter, SHolmes, DGraham, BScaife and ZMiller.

2) At least one of the following players will end up as the #1 fantasy WR on their team by the end of the season: RCurry, DWilliams (BAL), MClayton (CHI), MBooker, MFloyd, DJ Hackett and MStovall.

:D i'm not sure it's really "going out on a limb" to say "one of the following 10 mid-round picks will be pretty good." i do agree with a lot of guys you singled out though...particularly scaife, lendale, hackett, and campbell.

Edited by Azazello1313

1) Phillip Rivers exceeds expectations and is a top 6 QB. Like I said before, this guy will throw for 3,600 yards and toss 25+ TDs. LT ain't scoring 31 TD's this year and Gates/Jackson should have 18 receiving TD's combined alone so I really think Rivers makes a big leap this year.

2) Lamont Jordan comes back to have a nice fantasy campaign as a solid RB2. I think 1,500 total yards and 8-10 TD's is very possible. Extra motivation, Rhodes lurking in the shadows and keeping Jordan fresh equal a good year. Did I mention that the Raiders got rid of those idiotic coaches?

sure hope you're right, Fish, as both these guys are on my roster in my $ local. and both at good prices, if I do say so myself.