[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Put your head on the chopping block!

FishFreak

Hello all - huddle forum newbie (obviously...at least as a poster...not a lurker) but not new to FF - so thought this might be a good place to start -

My predictions -

Shaun Alexander, Willie Parker, B Westbrook and Travis Henry among the top 5 backs (unless Henry & Westbrook out significantly with injury which is very possible - particularly Henry IMO). If all of the former can play most all the year I predict they will be the top 5 along with LT. Shaun Alexander specifically will be the #2 back behind LT significantly ahead of the rest of the pack. I see LJ not (at all) living up to high expectations (huge huge risk...I skipped him to draft Parker at #4 - with Alexander already [astutely IMO taken]) and I predict S Jackson to possibly slip a bit (though easy shchedule will help a team I think is on the decline). Gore and Addai will be strong but not top 5 (due to lower TD totals then the top fantasy performers). Brandon Jacobs should do quite well (particularly TD wise - big time - and Portis, if healthy, will easily be top 10 (lots of yards and scores)...so should Ronnie Brown (though TDs might be off the top backs...but Miami will be much better then predicted IMO). Lamont Jordan will also have a career year.

Roy Williams, Lee Evans and Reggie Wayne all top 5 WRs...I also expect lots of TDs for Vincent Jackson & DJ Hacket - with Jackson in particular becoming a force - taking away significant TDs from Gates. Andre Johnsons & Benard Berrian are also primed for great years with AJ likely a top 5 WR this year. My "Colston" this is is James Jones. R Currey should have a great year in Oakland.

TEs - Shockey could have a great year if he can stay healthy...if...same with Heap - but I expect Cris Cooley and Vernon Davis to be huge for both of their teams and fantasy wise. And Marcus Pollard may turn into a TD machine for Seattle. Tony Scheffler will surprise as well and be a top 10 at least by year's end.

I see Big Ben, Alex Smith and P Rivers all as top 10 QBs - with Rivers possibly a top 5. Kitna should be solid - if he can aviod injury (but I predict a season ending injury for him). Jason Campbell should be gold fantasy wise as well and M Schaub should be quite decent (Schaub-A Johnson should be a nice combo). I would stay away from Vince Young (as a regular #1) but he will have a monster game here and there.

Denver's D is primed for lots of scores. Green Bay and Minnesota both my be quite good. I don't see either Baltimore, Chicago or New England being as dominant as other folks do. Pittsburgh has great potential - can they execute? I also expect Miami's D to be tough.

Kickers - won't go there...I don't think accurate prediction is possible.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll try and go out on a few limbs....

1. vince young will be a top-5 fantasy QB

2. brandon marshall will end up denver's #1 fantasy WR

3. jamal lewis will significantly out-perform his ADP and have a big year

4. fred taylor will score more fantasy points than MJD, despite going 3+ rounds later in drafts

5. cedric benson and rex grossman will both finish in the top 10 at their positions

i'm sure i'll look like a complete fool after the season on at least one or two of these :D

If you are right about 2,3 and 4 I might win a league this year. :D

Edited by Clubfoothead

1. Seattle will make it to the playoffs again this year with Hasselbeck throwing for 3300 + yds, Alexander having 20+ TD's, Branch coming up with 1000+ yds and 8 TD's and Hackett coming up behind with 800-900 yds and 7 TD's.

2. Brett Favre will look like the Favre we knew and will post close to 4000 yds and over 25 TD passes, cause he wants the record. Driver will score 1000+ yds and 8-9 TD's, but James Jones will become the #2 receiver with 800+ yds and 7-8 TD's.

3. Terry Glenn will infact be out for the rest of the season. Tony Romo learned from his mistake and will post awsome numbers... 3000+ yds, and Patrick Clayton will be a monster having a 1000+ yds and 9-10 TD's

4. Vernon Davis won't live up to the expectations, and will have an off year, much to the shagrin of his owners...

5. Big Ben stays healthy, puts up good yards, and Pittsburg makes it to the playoffs. Could we see a repeat of Superbowl XL???

1. Alexander having 20+ TD's.

3. Terry Glenn will infact be out for the rest of the season. Tony Romo learned from his mistake and will post awsome numbers... 3000+ yds, and Patrick Clayton will be a monster having a 1000+ yds and 9-10 TD's

I don't see any chance of either of these.

Thomas Jones out performs Bush MJDrew all RBBC etc... and proves to be worthy of a 1st round (I happily got him 2.09)

LJ has a significant drop off.

Santonio out performs Hines

Rivers top 5

Scaife top 10 & leads team in rec.

Thomas Jones will be this year's biggest fantasy bust.

Half of the FF squads that can make the playoffs will win their championships if they own Adrian Peterson.

Ronnie Brown will be the second biggest bust in FF.

Most Maroney owners will make the playoffs.... and lose.

Most Holt owners won't make the playoffs.

Thigpen will be the Chiefs starting QB in week 17.

Travis Henry will flirt with 2000 yards.

Randy Moss will average 100 yards per game (won't predict his games though :D )

Eli Manning has his breakout season.

The Browns will have a winning record.

Jake Delhomme will bounce back to his 2005 numbers.

The Vikings will make the playoffs.

Can I have some of what you're drinking? :D

ok, here you go ...

all those talking up big ben are sorely mistaken. last season will be his norm and he will be a big disappointment for fantasy owners this season.

moss in NE will be a bust. between nagging injuries and brady spreading the ball, he will be a non-factor.

the edge will regain his edge and turn in a top 10 RB season.

rudi's amazing consistency comes to an end this season. he's lost a step and the line will falter.

both calvin johnson and adrian peterson will make a big splash, going back and forth for ROY consideration. lynch and jackson will be busts. same for anthony gonzalez.

will disappoint -> portis, t. jones, mcgahee, benson.

will surprise -> r. brown, jacobs, norwood, a. green.

d. foster will easily outperform d. williams, making him a non-factor.

t. green will be a hot waiver wire grab very soon.

Travis Henry will flirt with 2000 yards.

Randy Moss will average 100 yards per game (won't predict his games though :D )

Eli Manning has his breakout season.

The Browns will have a winning record.

Jake Delhomme will bounce back to his 2005 numbers.

The Vikings will make the playoffs.

Can I have some of what you're drinking? :D

The Vikings making the playoff is more of a possibility than the Browns having a winning record, but I agree both are very unlikely.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Write it down...

1. James Jones cracks 1100 yards and 8 Tds

2. Leon Washington becomes the starter and pulls 190 rushes for 910 yards 4 tds, 45 receptions 585 yards 5 tds [give or take a 100 yards and 1 td]

3. D.J. Hackett pulls in 70 receptions for 1050 yards 9 tds

4. LenDale White 230 rushes 1200 yards 8 tds

5. Joey Harrington 3100 yards 21 tds 14 ints, 10 rushes 45 yards td

• 3 weeks later...
1. Reothlisberger will finally become a significant Fantasy Football QB (will break the top 10 in Fantasy scoring).

2. Peyton Manning on the other hand will drop out of the top 5 QBs.

3. The Bears will not make the playoffs this year.

4. Tomlinson will not be the highest scoring Fantasy Football RB this year.

5. Torry Holt will be a huge bust this season (maybe not week 1, maybe not week 2, but soon... )

So far I'm not too far off base.

1. Roethlisberger is scoring around 13th in QBs in many FF leagues. Will see how that develops.

2. Manning is around 9th in QBs in many FF leagues. Although he could leapfrog back up into the top 5 pretty quickly.

3. I still think the Bears miss the playoffs. They haven't yet shown me why this prediciton would be wrong.

4. Tomlinson will still have some great games this season, but he won't come near last year.

5. Holt could have a large resurgance, but I wouldn't bank on it with the way the Rams are playing.

Here we go.

1) Steven Jackson does not play another game until much later in the year (week 10 or beyond). During his absence, Brian Leonard puts up top 10 numbers of RBs. However, once Jackson returns, Leonard returns to his FB/3rd down back role.

2) As stated earlier, Reggie Wayne finishes as the best fantasy WR this year with Chad Johnson finishing in a close second.

3) McNabb builds off of his big game against the Lions and puts up at least 5 solid top 5 QB FF performances, he is then injured on a freak play and missed the rest of the season.

4) Ravens, Eagles, Jaguars, Bengals, Seahawks, Bears and Chargers all miss the playoffs. Bucs, Packers, Titans, 49ers and Steelers grab playoff berths.

5) Sean Jones supplants Anthony Henry as the top DB in standard IDP leagues.

I dont have 5 but I have 1 that I want on record..Patrick Crayton will have a breakout year 10 + tds

5. cedric benson and rex grossman will both finish in the top 10 at their positions

i'm sure i'll look like a complete fool after the season on at least one or two of these :wacko:

2. Lawrence Maroney will be a top 5 back, Joseph Addai will not.

3. The Bills go at least 8-8 thanks to a top 10 offense in the league.

:D

That last one is pretty funny :D

• 3 months later...

1. vince young will be a top-5 fantasy QB :D

2. brandon marshall will end up denver's #1 fantasy WR :D

3. jamal lewis will significantly out-perform his ADP and have a big year :wacko:

4. fred taylor will score more fantasy points than MJD, despite going 3+ rounds later in drafts close, but not quite....still a far better value

5. cedric benson and rex grossman will both finish in the top 10 at their positions :D:D

i'm sure i'll look like a complete fool after the season on at least one or two of these ;)

rattsvagina's defensive tirade this morning reminded me of this thread so i thought i'd give 'er a bump.

1. vince young will be a top-5 fantasy QB

2. brandon marshall will end up denver's #1 fantasy WR

3. jamal lewis will significantly out-perform his ADP and have a big year

4. fred taylor will score more fantasy points than MJD, despite going 3+ rounds later in drafts

i'm sure i'll look like a complete fool after the season on at least one or two of these :D

60% success ain't bad. Definite crash and burn on Benson/Grossman and VY though, but very good calls on Marshall, Lewis and Taylor.

1. Tony Hunt will be the highest scoring rookie RB this year, much to the chagrin of Westbrook owners.

2. Deshaun Foster will finish the year as a Top15 RB, easily eclipsing his pre-season ranking amongst RBs.

3. Terrell Owens, via injury or suspension, will play in no more than 11 games.

4. Wes Welker will finish the season as the Patriots top producing WR....1100 yards, 8 TDs.

5. Stephen Jackson will fall short of his goal of 2500 combined yards, but not by much...2350 combined (1700 rushing, 650 receiving), while scoring 23 TDs to lead the NFL RBs in fantasy scoring.

1/2 a point on Welker since Moss was clearly #1, but you nailed the yards and TDs almost perfectly. He ended with 1175 yards and 8 TDs.

ok, here you go ...

all those talking up big ben are sorely mistaken. last season will be his norm and he will be a big disappointment for fantasy owners this season.

moss in NE will be a bust. between nagging injuries and brady spreading the ball, he will be a non-factor.

the edge will regain his edge and turn in a top 10 RB season.

rudi's amazing consistency comes to an end this season. he's lost a step and the line will falter.

both calvin johnson and adrian peterson will make a big splash, going back and forth for ROY consideration. lynch and jackson will be busts. same for anthony gonzalez.

will disappoint -> portis, t. jones, mcgahee, benson.

will surprise -> r. brown, jacobs, norwood, a. green.

d. foster will easily outperform d. williams, making him a non-factor.

t. green will be a hot waiver wire grab very soon.

Well you put your neck out there. :D That's got to be worth something.