[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Starting to see a lot of new faces around here already, just wondering who, what, when, where & why you are. Somebody does this sort of thing every season, figured I'd jump the gun. First word of warning, never take ANYTHING seriously here. Any Vets wanna put theirs in they are more than welcome as well.

Example:

Who: rajncajn, your friendly neighborhood Saints fan

What: Program Analyst by day, SuperHuddler by night. Saints fan always & forever.

When: 31 yrs of age. Although Blitz thinks I'm around 50 or so.

Where: Hail from the Missippi Gulf Coast.

Why: Cuz I'm a fanatic, just like everyone else here.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 7 yrs, been a Huddler for 6. Been on the boards for 5. Didn't take me long to figure out this is the best **** FF site on the net. I'm in 4 leagues now (this is beginning to read like an AA meeting) 1 local 12 team keeper and 3 BOTH (Born Of The Huddle) leagues, one a 16 team dynasty another a 32 team modified redraft, and last but definately least, a 12 team survivor league.

I'll play

Who: Toofer. Bears fan

What: 100% Commissioned sales guy.

When: 42 yrs old. Daddy of 4 boys 12, 10 , 8 , 6

Why: Its all I get to do for myself anymore (see above).

Where: "Is this Heaven" (see below)

BIO: Been playing for 10 yrs. One league only (redraft). Won it 5 times and 3 outa last 4. Don't post much but when I do, pay attention. I am the one here with high ethical standard. wink .

rajncajn:

Starting to see a lot of new faces around here already, just wondering who, what, when, where & why you are. Somebody does this sort of thing every season, figured I'd jump the gun. First word of warning, never take ANYTHING seriously here. Any Vets wanna put theirs in they are more than welcome as well.

Example:

Who: rajncajn, your friendly neighborhood Saints fan

What: Program Analyst by day, SuperHuddler by night. Saints fan always & forever.

When: 31 yrs of age. Although Blitz thinks I'm around 50 or so.

Where: Hail from the Missippi Gulf Coast.

Why: Cuz I'm a fanatic, just like everyone else here.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 7 yrs, been a Huddler for 6. Been on the boards for 5. Didn't take me long to figure out this is the best **** FF site on the net. I'm in 4 leagues now (this is beginning to read like an AA meeting) 1 local 12 team keeper and 3 BOTH (Born Of The Huddle) leagues, one a 16 team dynasty another a 32 team modified redraft, and last but definately least, a 12 team survivor league.

and here's his pic loco

Can you guess which one

• Like 1

Are you looking for a date rajn? Nonetheless, I'll play.

Who: HUGH ONE, your witty, while sometimes annoying Viking fan living in New York

What: Small business owner. Import and sell high end German engineering equipment throughout North America

When: 32 yrs of age. Although I may not always act it.

Where: Born and raised in the NY metro area. Lived in Switzerland for 4 years (attended college there)

Why: Why not?

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 5 yrs, been a Huddler for 4. Been on the boards for 3. I'm in 3 leagues: 32 Homer, DOH!, and a local big money league.

• Like 1

Who: nhoops, Pats fan, Villanova/College BBall fan, Celts fan and still a Red Sox fan (I deal with disappointment well) ton_of_b

What: Fantasy Football Enthusiast....actually a Civil Engineer, outside of Boston who doesn't get out of the office to much computer :mad:

When: 28 yrs of age.

Where: live north of Boston now in small city on the coast, will live in Boston in Oct.

Why: "Hi, I'm Nhoops and I'm a FFBL addict...I mean fanatic.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 4 yrs(this will be #5), been a Huddler for 3. Only in 1 local league, won it 3 out of the 4 years. Might have more time and $ next year to join another, planning a wedding is alot of work loco . Oh yeah, during the season I frequent the Fantasy Advice Board trying to help out when I can and looking for others backup my decisons.

Who: TimC, Professional fan of your 5-time Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys, the greatest franchise in NFL, no...football history.

What: Accountant by day, crazed Corvette dragstrip racer/autocross nut by night. Nice balance, huh?

When: 36 yrs young and believe in reverse birthdays from here out where I get a year younger every year.

Where: The Capital of the Confederacy, that Redneck Lovin', Yankee Hatin' bastion of rebellion where statues of General Lee are revered and anyone north of DC is a liar and a cheat.

Why: I have to do something in between my unexplained fantasies of Kristy McNichol.

Fantasy Bio: Played since '89, commissioner of my home league since '91. In 4 leagues, including 1 Huddle league. Won some, lost some, loved some, hated some...yada, yada...insert country music lyrics here. Oh, and Free Leagues Suck!

• Like 1

Sure, I guess I can play:

Who: skylive5, a medium friendly Redskins fan

What: Retired by day. Retired by night

When: According to this board, right after the Dinosaurs died out.

Where: Hail from Alaska.

Why: It's not a hobby, it's an obsession.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF seriously since 1986. Have been in as many as 8 leagues and as few as 1. Am now in 4 (Huddle Leagues-Fusion/Hannibals/Outraged - Longtime local money) and am on sabattical from 1 other money league. Been at the Huddle since the start, on the boards for 3 years. Holder of a Blitz Blue Belt here at the Huddle. Leader of the "Spell Checker Feature" campaign.

• Like 1

Who: xMRogers, transplanted New Jerseyite in Atlanta

What: Marketing Management for one of the worst companies in the history of the US (think : biggest bankruptcy ever)

When: Older than I like to think about, but younger than most of the Oakland Raider roster

Where: Atlanta, by way of Philly suburbs

Why: Partially for some FF knowledge, mostly because the people I work with are actually dumber than the people out here...

Fantasy Bio: Been playing since 1996 - rookie year I won it all and thought "how easy is this" - up and down since. Commissioner of our big money local league since 1997, currently in one other BOTH dynasty league and a small, f'd up local keeper league. Most I've been in has been 6 in one year and didn't enjoy it. Also run numerous sports pools.

Who:

Beguile G. Blank aka Doug val Doug aka Duchess Jack. A rabid football and Miami Dolphins Fan

When:

196 Pooch years

Where:

From upstate New York, currently looking for a way out of Jersey

Why:

Firstly, because there are very few places to find people who love football 12 months a year...and secondly, because there are some fiercely intelligent and comical people here. Good folk.

Fantasy Bio:

I have been Running the RSB (Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin') Fantasy Football League for 5 years now. I have been involved in fantasy football for around 7 years. Strangely, I have only been a football fan for like 10 years now.

Who: soopanuts, Giants fan with no love for the 49ers smash

What: Web Developer by day, football fanatic by night (much to the dislike of my girlfriend lol )

When: 26 yrs young, am I the youngest guy here?

Where: Originally from Hillsborough, NJ, have lived in Rochester, NY (college) and Needham, MA, live in Sunny Hob-nokin, NJ

Why: Cuz I can't get enough of football, love to read, talk, type, sign and dream about it, fantasy has taken it to whole new level for me

Fantasy Bio: 4th year playing, 3rd year Huddler, 2nd year on the boards, plan on winning WCOFF before I die.

Who: Juve, Pats fan

What: Account Manager for a golf equipment manufacturer

When: 26 yrs old

Where: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada born and raised

Why: best hobby out there

Fantasy Bio: played FF for 5 years, huddler for 3, in 4 leagues and have done 4 mocks so far this year

Who: Sammy. Die hard Steelers fan.

What: Test Engineer/Software Developer by day. Just bought a house and getting married this year so not much money for anything else. (Although I do waste my share of time and money golfing).

When: Just turned 30 (but don't act like it).

Where: Born in a small town in Iowa. But now live in the big city of Cedar Rapids. wink

Why: Something had to take the place of my gambling habit. brow

Fantasy Bio: I've been playing fantasy football for 6 years now. I'm currently in 4 leagues, but I seem to get into 1 more every year (I just can't say no). I'll be going on my 3rd year as a huddler.

Who: Blitzkrieg

What: Program Analyst by day, and to borrow another's words, "my children's father" all those other waking hours.

When: Just hit the big four oh. And you mean rajn isn't older than dirt???

Where: The great state of Texas.

Why: If you have to ask you won't understand.

Fantasy Bio:

Playing in my local since the early 90's, been to the big dance twice, winning it once. I'm the commissioner. It started out a basic 1 player keeper league and has evolved to a full performance and full redraft league. Draft is live and one of the high lights of my year. I am the commissioner of this league.

One of the charter members of BOTH league F-OFF. I won the championship the first year and I won it again last year. This league is an optional 2 player keeper performance league. I am also the commissioner of this league.

One of the charter members of BOTH league CORE. I have made the play offs 2 out of the 3 years (winning my division once maybe twice) but have failed to make it to the dance, always losing in the first round angry This league is a full dynasty - salary cap - auction style league. Lots of fun. I have assisted the commissioner in this league on occassion.

Homer Team: America's Team

Who: Dragon, Raiders fan.

What: Director of Finance/CFO is my paying job, full time youth sports coach/fan is my passion.

When: 36 years young.

Where: New York born, South Jersey raised.

Why: Because a life with 4 kids and their various endeavors is great fun, but sometimes Dad needs to think he still has a life of his own.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for about 10 years and have pretty much covered the whole spectrum, first to last and everywhere in between. When I coach youth football, my FFL results are embarass I hope to buck that trend this year. I genreally play in 3 leagues per year.

Who: loaf wha'happened to all the other Browns Homers?

What: Software sales/training in beautiful downtown Willoughby, Ohio

When: 36 yrs old

Where: Born and raised in NE Ohio. Spent entire life here except for 9 mos in the mid 70s when dad was transferred to Atlantic City.

Why: I love football

Fantasy Bio: Been playing since '94 (came in second that year). Been in the Bowl the last 3 yrs and won it once. Member of two other Leagues, one I'm Commish (I suck in that one) and one since '98 missing one year. I won that League in '01.

justin:

Crispirons:

i thought this post was for newbies.

exactly!

well there ya have it. lol

It is easy to always feel like a newbie here. big_shoc

'Sides, how are the real newbies going to get to know you if you don't hand out some info? This way it may (with luck) keep them out of trouble. :D

While I agree with Crispy, I did not post much last year which was my first, so here's my bio:

Who: Jedi aka DTD (dave the dick) I'm actually a nice guy, but I some poor sensitive ******* couldn't take my scarcasm and the name stuck.

What: Small business owner of a Graphic Arts/Printing firm; Jr. High Football Coach

When: 30... and still not over it bawling but my 2 month old daughter makes it all worth it.

Where: Seattle

Why: Need I explain?

Fantasy Bio: Rookie season 1989.. Skylive, you have me beet here! That first year I had Greg Bell of the Rams, Blonde Boomer, Jerry Rice, and Alvin Harper... lost the championship. Been in the playoffs in every league ever since with the execption of the last two years. I've been Commissioning a local dynasty league, which I've won the last two years, but missed the playoffs in two internet leagues I've joined including DOH! here at The Huddle.

Thanks for helping me feel like this crap is half way important coach

Who : Dbaxx...(Diamondback fan--not Cardinals)

What: Professional mind changer (Chevy Sales Manager)

When: 32 years old--2 boys 4 & 2.

Where: AZ via MN

Why: Why not?

Fantasy Bio ....Huddler just over a year, played FF for 10 years and counting....Some advice to newbies: It's kinda like being the new kid at school, we know you want to fit in and show us what you got...but believe me, you're just another nerd typing away. I learned that quick. The veterans here are pretty funny guys and know their stuff.....