[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terry Glenn out for two weeks or more

ThatDude

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=D...4CECA3565D802E3

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=D...437AED1BAF269CA

IRVING, Texas - Three days before their regular-season opener, the Cowboys learned wide receiver Terry Glenn's problematic right knee will force him to miss the entire 2007 season, team owner and general manager Jerry Jones said late Thursday afternoon.

Jones said Glenn's knee injury is similar to that of former Cowboys center Al Johnson, who missed his entire rookie season in 2003 following microfracture surgery.

"You hate to see this with one of your top players and we need all of those we can beyond the field," Jones said. ""It's a real blow for Terry and for us."

Glenn missed all of preseason after having arthroscopic knee surgery Aug. 1 to remove a tiny cyst from the back of his right kneecap. The 33-year-old receiver returned to practice Wednesday but sat out Thursday because of what Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips described as swelling in his knee.

Without Glenn, the Cowboys must rely on Terrell Owens, fourth-year veteran Patrick Crayton and second-year veterans Sam Hurd and Miles Austin. It's also likely they will add another wide receiver to replace Glenn, who will likely be placed on injured reserve soon.

Edited by DMD

Wait, something here is BS.....

One link say's he's out for the season and the time of the article is: 5:38pm

The other link say's he's only out for two weeks, and the time of that article is: 5:58pm

What the heck is the truth????? :D

Wait, something here is BS.....

One link say's he's out for the season and the time of the article is: 5:38pm

The other link say's he's only out for two weeks, and the time of that article is: 5:58pm

What the heck is the truth????? :D

I'm scratching my head as well. I don't understand it that's why I posted both links.

I'm just glad I didn't go out and drop Glenn before the Colts game started looking for a free agent to replace him!!!!

Granted, I already grabbed Crayton in all my leagues, but wow, that would have sucked if I had also dropped Glenn

Shoot I just dropped steve smith to pick up crayton :D

Seriously I was ready to pull trigger and pick up crayton in a few of my leagues if glenn was actually out for the season ...

Crayton still isn't a bad pickup at all since you don't know if Glenn's knee issues will hinder him all season...... I hope not, but.....

Owner Jerry Jones basically labeled Glenn as out indefinitely. There is a chance he could require more surgery, and a previous story on Cowboys.com said he might even miss the entire season, though that report was taken down. Patrick Crayton is now Dallas' new starting flanker and should be owned in every league. Sam Hurd moves up into the third receiver role.

Rotoworld

He's definitely WR3 material at the least IMO. Solid PPR option with a solid QB (remember he and Romo are very familiar with each other, as backup players, over the past few years).

To be honest, I wouldn't of paid Terry Glenn that $5 milion bonus he received in March (I believe) and let Crayton become the 2 on the cheap. Glenn's underrated, but worth $5 million at this stage? Especially provided his less than stellar #'s pre-Tuna and Bledsoe.

Edited by cory_n_az