[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Addai

chiefjay

Expect the same for Addai after this year.

Why?

What evidence do you have that he can play 16 games a year ands sustain 26+ touches a game? His history says he can't.

Addai isn't Jackson. Jackson is only 1 inch taller, but 28 lbs heavier. Jackson's body is built to be a sledge hammer. Addai's isn't. Tiki was a smallish RB who absorbed a tremendous amount of work over 5 years. Addai might be capable of the same. But the odds are against him, especially since he was hurt in college a bit.

I think that 20 carries and 4-5 recs a game is about right for him.

Given the Colts offense, Addai should have the opportunity to rest quite a bit in the 4th quarter of a lot of games, which will keep him fresher throughout the season.

Why?

What evidence do you have that he can play 16 games a year ands sustain 26+ touches a game? His history says he can't.

When do you ever have any evidence? Either you can or can't in the NFL. You don't know until you actually do it given the opportunity. And college isn't a good comparison. Cedric Benson looked like a beast in college but couldn't seem to even handle sharing time with T. Jones in Chicago.

Addai isn't Jackson. Jackson is only 1 inch taller, but 28 lbs heavier. Jackson's body is built to be a sledge hammer. Addai's isn't. Tiki was a smallish RB who absorbed a tremendous amount of work over 5 years. Addai might be capable of the same. But the odds are against him, especially since he was hurt in college a bit.

We're all guessing one way or the other whether he can be a workhorse or not. The big key is he has the opportunity to do so in the best fantasy offense in the league increasing his chances of success. Addai's body build really has nothing to do with it and using Jackson is a poor comparison. I only used Jackson as an example to illustrate his increased touches last year translated into phenomenal fantasy success. Addai will get a similar opportunity. Overall, RB workhorses come in all shapes and sizes. Everyone's body is different.

Why?

Wrong. Addai doesn't have a "history" of failing to be a featured back. :D And as far as his durability goes, he was healthy enough to start in 20 straight games last year with a 362-touch workload.

And the injuries that Addai sustained in college were nowhere near as extensive as Gore, McGahee, Priest, etc.

BTW, I find it amusing that you're so vocally rooting against Addai and the Colts in general. I wonder why that is. :D

:wacko:

Edited by Bill Swerski

I think that 20 carries and 4-5 recs a game is about right for him.

Given the Colts offense, Addai should have the opportunity to rest quite a bit in the 4th quarter of a lot of games, which will keep him fresher throughout the season.

assuming you mean the 4th quarter, with the colts being ahead....isn't that when the supposedly great running backs on great teams really make their hay? taking the air out of the ball and the other team's spirit? unless you foresee them being up 20+ points in the 4Q every week, which is far from being realistic for ANY team.

The problem with being in multiple leagues is this:

in 3 leagues I own Addai - 2 of which I played against Reggie Wayne

in 1 league I played against Addai but have Reggie Wayne

the 2 remaining leagues I either played against Peyton manning or Started Brees.

So you cheer, then get mad, then get happy, then get mad all over again all with in a span of 10 seconds.

The problem with being in multiple leagues is this:

in 3 leagues I own Addai - 2 of which I played against Reggie Wayne

in 1 league I played against Addai but have Reggie Wayne

the 2 remaining leagues I either played against Peyton manning or Started Brees.

So you cheer, then get mad, then get happy, then get mad all over again all with in a span of 10 seconds.

bingo...i dropped from 7 leagues to 3 this year, and its still a pain the arse....I had Addai in one league, played against him in another, played against Wayne in one while I rooted for him in the MVP Challenge.

But being in less leagues definitley decreases the scenario you descibe, and makes fantasty football a lot more fun.

Nothing worse than calling a fellow coach to rib him about you beat him, and his automatic reply: "Yeah, well I dominated the other leagues I am in".

assuming you mean the 4th quarter, with the colts being ahead....isn't that when the supposedly great running backs on great teams really make their hay? taking the air out of the ball and the other team's spirit? unless you foresee them being up 20+ points in the 4Q every week, which is far from being realistic for ANY team.

I said that Addai was a supposedly great running back?

I must have had too much coffee this morning.

Wrong. Addai doesn't have a "history" of failing to be a featured back. :D And as far as his durability goes, he was healthy enough to start in 20 straight games last year with a 362-touch workload.

And the injuries that Addai sustained in college were nowhere near as extensive as Gore, McGahee, Priest, etc.

BTW, I find it amusing that you're so vocally rooting against Addai and the Colts in general. I wonder why that is. :D

:wacko:

He does have an injury history. There is no denying that. Whether it translates at this level or not remians to be seen.

And I'm not actively rooting against the Colts. They dismantled NO last night, no question. I also know that the D was suspect last season right up to the playoffs & they lost substantial pieces going into this year. That makes me very skeptical and also makes me search for alternative solutions to questions.

Why?

good lord, you just keep digging don't you?

Love me some Addai. :D:D

+1. Have him in two leagues... shoulda been three.

he looked alright, but mostly the NO D just looked atrocious. a lot of defenses look bad against the colts, but i think that team may have major problems stopping anyone.

I agree... but still, the Kool-Aid is nice and cold right now... the stats-in-the-books happy juice tastes yummy.

The Colts D being underrated is really the story here IMO.