[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Dot

gagooey36

I believe is signifies that it's wired for sound with the coaches and only 1 player can be wired for each side......you might see 1 D guy with it as well.

New Special helmet this year. Prevents teams from having more than 1.....and an advatage.

I believe is signifies that it's wired for sound with the coaches and only 1 player can be wired for each side......you might see 1 D guy with it as well.

New Special helmet this year. Prevents teams from having more than 1.....and an advatage.

No D players has it. Everything else is correct.

If I'm not mistaken, it was a situation with Atlanta last year that prompted the stickers.

Seems that the Falcons had Vick and Schaub in the game together (Vick in a postion other than QB).

A couple of plays actually occurred before the refs realized that, short of changing helmets, Vick AND Schaub were both hearing the instuctions relayed in from the sidelines. :D

They had to warn the Falcons to discontinue this or be penalized. :D

I guess they felt they needed a better way to police this practice or at least make it a little more obvious to the refs.

If I'm not mistaken, it was a situation with Atlanta last year that prompted the stickers.

Seems that the Falcons had Vick and Schaub in the game together (Vick in a postion other than QB).

A couple of plays actually occurred before the refs realized that, short of changing helmets, Vick AND Schaub were both hearing the instuctions relayed in from the sidelines. :wacko:

They had to warn the Falcons to discontinue this or be penalized. :D

I guess they felt they needed a better way to police this practice or at least make it a little more obvious to the refs.

Couldn't someone just peel the sticker off? :D

One other thing to note is that if a QB holds for field goals and extra points, during this play the holder is not considered a QB, so the QB is supposed to change helmets so they are not wearing the green dot helmet

So who gets the dot instead?

So they can test CG technology that will broadcast ads onto the uniforms of the players. The green is the same color green they use for "green screening" in special effects. It's also the same shade of green as those (seemingly) pointless "Futbol Americano" stickers everyone wore last year to commemorate a game being played in Mexico. I wish it weren't true, but it makes too much sense.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote