[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Injury Update

PaulOttCarruth

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/default.aspx

Already struggling with injuries at running back, the Green Bay Packers got some bad news on Thursday when wide receiver Greg Jennings left practice early with a hamstring injury.

The extent of the injury is not yet known. Jennings was in the locker room during the period open to the media. He limped slightly but had no bandages or wraps on the leg.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy did not mention Jennings' injury in a session with reporters early on Thursday afternoon. But his name showed up on the daily injury report as having taken part in practice on a limited basis.

According to a source, Jennings had to leave practice with the injury. The injury first happened in practice on Wednesday and he was forced to miss at least some practice time. However, the Packers' injury report lists Jennings as having completed the entire practice.

There are no other changes in the injury report. Wide receiver Donald Driver (foot) was listed as having limited participation, but was able to do everything for the first time and appeared healthy, according to the source.

Also, running back DeShawn Wynn said he, Vernand Morency and Brandon Jackson split the reps for the second straight day.

With Driver and Jennings running at less than 100%, James Jones could make an impact sooner rather than later.

I got that with Brandon Marshall....but I could easily be 1 or 2 years off with that selection...

You could but that late why not grab a potential star? He may not be one this year but he's a WR5. Not a whole lot of risk there.

Jennings, Morency sidelined?

Receiver Greg Jennings (hamstring) and running back Vernand Morency (patellar-tendon strain) were held out of the early portion of the Green Bay Packers’ practice Friday that reporters were allowed to watch. The Packers will release their official injury report later today – on Fridays only, they have to list whether a player is out, doubtful, questionable or probable. The general guideline is that if a player doesn’t practice Friday, he usually doesn’t play Sunday, though it was unclear whether either or both took part in later team drills. Coach Mike McCarthy is likely to be vague about their status at his afternoon press conference so the Philadelphia Eagles will be unsure whether they’re going to play.

'nother update. Here's the injury report pulled from McCarthy's press conference transcript:

Donald Driver was full participation today, his status will be probable for Sunday's contest.

Ryan Grant, full participation, he'll be questionable. See how he is in the morning.

Brandon Jackson, full participation, probable.

Greg Jennings did not participate, he will be questionable for Sunday.

Vernand Morency did not participate, questionable.

Some verbatims:

(Did Morency get enough work that he could go, and can he be football ready after missing all of camp?) He really pushed it as far as his conditioning and rehab. As far as did he get enough work reps-wise, I would say yes in certain situations. I would not put him out there to play 50-60 snaps. That wouldn't be the plan for him.

(Did Morency have any sort of setback?) He's sore. As far as where he is in his rehab, Doc McKenzie is looking for a little better recovery the next day when he really does push it. We did some things with him today, and we'll see how he feels tomorrow.

(With Jennings, is that a recurring thing, the hamstring?) No, it's just something that twinged on him yesterday, and we're just being smart with him today.

(Do you have a feeling one way or the other on Jennings?) I talked to Greg at practice. He feels good about Sunday's contest, but we'll work him again tomorrow. He went through the whole rehab phase today. I'll get some information when I get back in there. I'll just go back on what he tells me and what the trainers tell me. Hopefully they tell me the same thing. That's sometimes a problem.

(How did Driver look this week?) I thought Donald looked good. I don't foresee him having a problem, if he does go.

(Can Jackson carry it 25 times if he had to?) Well, maybe we'll find out. But he's definitely young enough and strong enough. He's built for that. I don't think he's a guy you have to keep in the 10 to 15 range. I think he's definitely physical enough to go 20 to 25.

(How much concern do you have about the running game?) I'm not concerned because the way we're going about it, and who's playing when and where, I'm very comfortable. The extra days of practice this week has really helped us in this particular situation. The guys are ready to play, and we'll cut them loose.

(Does Morency have tendonitis in that knee, and is it something he's going to have to battle all year?) I'm hopeful he's at the back end of his injury. I'm hopeful this is probably the last week, or the last two weeks, of what he's going through. He's just got to get over this last hurdle.

(Is Jones the starter if Jennings can't go?) James Jones, yes.

JS ONLINE: SPORTS: PACKERS:

Notes: Caught short-handed

Jennings, Morency might not be ready

By BOB McGINN

bmcginn@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Sept. 7, 2007

Green Bay - Two of the Green Bay Packers' projected starters on offense, wide receiver Greg Jennings and running back Vernand Morency, sat out practice Friday and their chances of playing Sunday against Philadelphia don't look good

Jennings walked with a limp Friday morning after suffering a hamstring injury Thursday in practice. Rookie James Jones would replace Jennings and Ruvell Martin would move up to No. 3. Jones said the coaches were confident he could play split end as well as flanker.

"Greg feels good about Sunday but we'll work him again tomorrow," coach Mike McCarthy said. "It's just something that twinged on him yesterday. We're just being smart with him today.

Donald Driver, who was in a boot 10 days ago with a foot sprain, looks full-go, according to McCarthy.

I've been championing Greg Jennings all off season, through training camp and preseason... I have to say I'm starting to have my doubts... His knack for getting injured, his running off at the mouth with his role in only his second year...

I'm not so sure about him being the next big thing. Not nearly as sure as I was to months ago...