[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patrick Crayton

Menudo

My co-worker is a big Redskins fan and is on one of their team message boards often. There is a guy on that forum works at ESPN. My buddy told me about that Kendall trade to the Skins about 3 hours before it showed up at any news outlets.

Anyway, the guy from ESPN just made a post saying that the word around the office was that Terry Glenn was going to miss the entire season.

Please Note: This is an unsubstantiated rumor at this time, but, based on this guys accuracy with the Pete Kendall situation, I thought I would post it in the hopes that it may help out some of my fellow Huddlers. It could turn out to be false, as the guy from ESPN said that as of now, it is just the rumor floating around the ESPN offices.

Take it for what it's worth.

I find this hard to believe. If his injury was that serious, they would have put him on IR or at least PUP at the time of final cuts so that they would have had the additional roster spot. I don't have any inside information regarding the injury, but common sense says that it isn't too terribly serious or he would have been placed on IR a week ago.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I find this hard to believe. If his injury was that serious, they would have put him on IR or at least PUP at the time of final cuts so that they would have had the additional roster spot. I don't have any inside information regarding the injury, but common sense says that it isn't too terribly serious or he would have been placed on IR a week ago.

they want the Giants to prepare for Glenn.....

Glenn won't go on PUP or IR until after week 1 IMO....

they want the Giants to prepare for Glenn.....

Glenn won't go on PUP or IR until after week 1 IMO....

I don't know, It's not like the Giants secondary is all that great to begin with. I just don't see them playing that sort of game, at the expense of a roster spot.

I don't know, It's not like the Giants secondary is all that great to begin with. I just don't see them playing that sort of game, at the expense of a roster spot.

yeah but it's a divisional rival....

in most cases...you take out conventional winsdom when there is a divisional rival game...

but common sense says that it isn't too terribly serious or he would have been placed on IR a week ago.

You can put a guy in IR, and replace his roster spot, at any time. If they put Glenn on IR today, they'd be able to sign another WR to replace him to complete their 53-man roster.

Making the move a week ago wouldn't have mattered, since the Cowboys would want to replace him with another WR...and that would most surely be someone who was cut by someone else, not someone they themselves let go. With names like Caldwell, Hakim, etc. as free agents, they'd probably be the ones the Cowboys would be looking at.

You can put a guy in IR, and replace his roster spot, at any time. If they put Glenn on IR today, they'd be able to sign another WR to replace him to complete their 53-man roster.

Making the move a week ago wouldn't have mattered, since the Cowboys would want to replace him with another WR...and that would most surely be someone who was cut by someone else, not someone they themselves let go. With names like Caldwell, Hakim, etc. as free agents, they'd probably be the ones the Cowboys would be looking at.

Dallas Radio is saying that the injury may be more serious than originally thought. Glenn is getting old and it wouldn't suprise me if they put him on PUP

Crayton has looked good in camp and would be an excellent borderline 2/3 WR...

I just don't like the fact that the first time Glenn tries to practice on it, it swells up and he's out for 2 weeks...He's been resting it all pre-season, what makes you think it's going to heal in 2 weeks?

Where there is smoke, there usually is fire......

I think it's a good move. Glenn is an older WR with a bad knee. Even if he isn't out for the year, what are the odds he will be healthy all season?

If you have room or dead weight you can shed, sounds like a move with a lot of upside.

Cowboys WR Glenn Possibly Out-For-Season?

Rick Herrin, Star-Telegram -

Dallas Cowboys receiver Terry Glenn will miss the first two weeks of the season and maybe more after a setback in his return from knee surgery, according to the team. There is a possibility the injury could be season-ending and, for the 33-year-old Glenn, maybe career-threatening. Glenn will seek additional doctor's opinions, according to sources. A story posted briefly Thursday on dallascowboys.com quoted Cowboys owner Jerry Jones saying Glenn would miss the entire 2007 season. The story was pulled and replaced with a version saying Glenn would miss at least two weeks. Third receiver Patrick Crayton will likely replace Glenn in the lineup. Sam Hurd will move up to the No. 3 receiver.

ESPN's Matt Mosley reports Terry Glenn will miss the season due to complications in his recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery.

A member of the organization told Mosley, who used to cover the Cowboys, that Glenn is indeed lost for the season. An article saying so was posted on Dallas' team site Thursday, but pulled when owner Jerry Jones decided to hold off on making the announcement formally. Jones said in a revised story that Glenn would miss "at least two weeks."

ESPN.com

--------------

Kinda figured as much. I thought the 'erroroneous' report yesterday was only going to become official in the next few days.

So what are you guys thinking if Crayton is the starter for the entire season? Around 800-900 yards and 5-6 scores?

Probably right around there. Wouldn't be surprised if he duplicated Glenn's 2006 #'s. He and Romo have nice chemistry from growing as DAL backups together. And the fact he'll be single covered every week across from T.O.

More than likely, Witten's #'s will go up a bit so your projection above is most likely.

-----------

I'm a Bears homer and I'd drop Moose in a heartbeat. Can't wait til he's cut after the year personally.