[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just Got Back from ESPN GameDay

Rockerbraves

Anyone see me on GameDay? Coffeeman, I was with the group holding up the FUSC sign! :D

Great atmoshere around campus this morning as LSU fans came out in full force despite the hot, humid conditions and the fact that kickoff isn't until 8:15pm. Heck there was even more than a sprinkling of Tech fans out there. Sort of think those Virginia Tech fans are getting a false sense of security. Not too much tiger baiting going on just yet, but that will change as game time nears. Anyway, just came home to cool off abit. I just hope Lee Corso is right and LSU takes care of business.

:D Geaux Tigers!

inexcusable to lose to va tech at home... Tigers should win handily.

Sort of agree, provided LSU takes care of the football and doesn't give Tech too many short fields or worse yet allow them to score points off turnovers. Can't help but to think this is going to be a low scoring defensive game. Something like LSU 20 Virginia Tech 10. Not sure if this means anything but I thought the line for the game has dropped from 12 1/2 to 11. If true that's pretty significant drop.

Hey Rocker,

I was at the game also, what I did notice was that their was not as much heckling to the VT fans,

considering what usually happens when an opponents come to Baton Rouge.

a very classy move by the LSU faithful by the way, and one that should not be overlooked. LSU has dealt with a recent tragedy of their own and acted accordingly, a departure from what you usually see at stadiums, pro or college, these days :D

Hey Rocker,

I was at the game also, what I did notice was that their was not as much heckling to the VT fans,

considering what usually happens when an opponents come to Baton Rouge.

Even though the Hokies lost the game seems like some of their fans enjoyed the experience of a Saturday gameday at Tiger Stadium.

--------

Here is a message posted at a Hokie site.

Many of you Hokies have asked about our trip to Ba-Tone Rouge. Let me begin by saying the game sucked, but you that already. Now the good part.

These people at LSU are the most friendly, hospitable and generous fans I have ever met. I am humbled. They have set a bar on how to tailgate and treat people. WOW! There is no way to do this road trip justice. You have to live it for yourself. These cats party like there is no tomorrow and they start days before kickoff. All out partying begins around 6pm the night before. The tailgate setups are unimaginable. I assure you that you have never seen anything like it. Top 10 Kudos' for the trip.

10. Lunch at Chimes! (Best red beans and rice and the sweetest oysters I have ever had)

9. Getting to see Mike VI, the LSU Tiger mascot up close and personal.

8. The Golden Girls.

7. Catching the LSU Marching Band run down the hill in full gear.

6. Dancing in the streets with these crazy Cajuns while the cops stop traffic for us to do so. (Y-M-C-A)

5. The tailgate setups (Cannot do them justice) Food, music, TV's, Furniture, stages, kegs, etc. (Even buy tequilla in the grocery stores)

4. 150,000 people tailgating for a game where only 92,000 people get in

3. No fights.

2. The LSU people and Tiger-Baiting.

1. The fact that no one got arrested and meeting Dwayne (LSU FAN) This cat can flat out bring it!

Even though the Hokies lost the game seems like some of their fans enjoyed the experience of a Saturday gameday at Tiger Stadium.

--------

Here is a message posted at a Hokie site.

Many of you Hokies have asked about our trip to Ba-Tone Rouge. Let me begin by saying the game sucked, but you that already. Now the good part.

These people at LSU are the most friendly, hospitable and generous fans I have ever met. I am humbled. They have set a bar on how to tailgate and treat people. WOW! There is no way to do this road trip justice. You have to live it for yourself. These cats party like there is no tomorrow and they start days before kickoff. All out partying begins around 6pm the night before. The tailgate setups are unimaginable. I assure you that you have never seen anything like it. Top 10 Kudos' for the trip.

10. Lunch at Chimes! (Best red beans and rice and the sweetest oysters I have ever had)

9. Getting to see Mike VI, the LSU Tiger mascot up close and personal.

8. The Golden Girls.

7. Catching the LSU Marching Band run down the hill in full gear.

6. Dancing in the streets with these crazy Cajuns while the cops stop traffic for us to do so. (Y-M-C-A)

5. The tailgate setups (Cannot do them justice) Food, music, TV's, Furniture, stages, kegs, etc. (Even buy tequilla in the grocery stores)

4. 150,000 people tailgating for a game where only 92,000 people get in

3. No fights.

2. The LSU people and Tiger-Baiting.

1. The fact that no one got arrested and meeting Dwayne (LSU FAN) This cat can flat out bring it!

Please link the site...

makes me want to go to an LSU game...even as an ND fan

edit for horrendous spelling :D

You're always welcome to come tailgate with us. Just might not want to wear too much green. Not exactly sure how the Irish fans were treated the last time they came to Baton Rouge, but would imagine not as nice as the Hokies since they beat the Tigers that Saturday. :D

You're always welcome to come tailgate with us. Just might not want to wear too much green. Not exactly sure how the Irish fans were treated the last time they came to Baton Rouge, but would imagine not as nice as the Hokies since they beat the Tigers that Saturday. :D

How would us Gators be treated?