[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones

Rovers

"The trainers have done a great job of getting me back on the practice field and getting me to go through some drills and things like that," he said. "So, we'll see how I feel on Sunday."

Jones addressed the injury for the first time Wednesday, saying, "I feel a lot better than I felt the past couple of weeks."

Coach Eric Mangini was noncommittal, as usual, regarding Jones' availability for the game against New England.

"He's really what he's been," Mangini said.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...0,7684034.story

Jones, I beleive, is still far from being able to play a full game. I've read reports ranging from calling him a game time decision to "he's expected to play." comments. Not exactly encouraging reports. If I had to choose between Jones and Washington tomorrow, I think I'd go with Leon. I don't expect to see the Jets having much success running against the Pats in any case.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this end up as just a mindfok from Mangini to Belichick. But it sure is hard to start him in WCOFF. :D

Swiss, if anything, I think Mangini wants the Pats to expect Jones to go, but he isn't ready. I saw him in camp several weeks ago, and I said then on this board I don't see how he'll be ready by week 1. I suspect he could start, and play a couple of downs, and sit on the sidelines after that. That last comment by Jones is what counts.... "So, we'll see how I feel on Sunday."

That sounds like a game time decision to me, and like a guy that isn't very confident he can play. You took TJ in WCOFF? Haven't you learned to listen to me when it comes to the Jets? :D :shakesheadwalksaway:

"The trainers have done a great job of getting me back on the practice field and getting me to go through some drills and things like that," he said. "So, we'll see how I feel on Sunday."

Jones addressed the injury for the first time Wednesday, saying, "I feel a lot better than I felt the past couple of weeks."

Coach Eric Mangini was noncommittal, as usual, regarding Jones' availability for the game against New England.

"He's really what he's been," Mangini said.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jet...0,7684034.story

Jones, I beleive, is still far from being able to play a full game. I've read reports ranging from calling him a game time decision to "he's expected to play." comments. Not exactly encouraging reports. If I had to choose between Jones and Washington tomorrow, I think I'd go with Leon. I don't expect to see the Jets having much success running against the Pats in any case.

Not doubting what you're saying Rovers at all. Just wanted to put this out there....

There are unconfirmed reports that Jets RB Thomas Jones (calf) might be a game-time decision on Sunday... but Jets beat man Rich Cimini just wrote this two hours ago: "Thomas Jones seems to be running well and I fully expect him to play in Sunday’s opener." Jones is listed as questionable. We're not counting on good injury details with Baby Belichick (Mangini) in charge but we made a few calls anyway. Nobody knows anything. If they say they do they’re lying. Let’s wait and see if NFL Network’s Adam Schefter gives us the early scoop during Sunday pre-game warmups.

Not doubting what you're saying Rovers at all. Just wanted to put this out there....

There are unconfirmed reports that Jets RB Thomas Jones (calf) might be a game-time decision on Sunday... but Jets beat man Rich Cimini just wrote this two hours ago: "Thomas Jones seems to be running well and I fully expect him to play in Sunday’s opener." Jones is listed as questionable. We're not counting on good injury details with Baby Belichick (Mangini) in charge but we made a few calls anyway. Nobody knows anything. If they say they do they’re lying. Let’s wait and see if NFL Network’s Adam Schefter gives us the early scoop during Sunday pre-game warmups.

:D

I expect him to play as well... which I said earlier, but I don't expect him to get enough touches or be effective enough to be worthy of a start for FF owners. Washington will get twice as many touches as Jones tomorrow. Stickin my neck out here, because that report is right... no one knows, and this is my opinion. I think Jones has decoy duty tomorrow. I usually get Jets stuff right, and I do sometimes get some help in doing that. I'll just leave it at that.... but, you've been warned!

So, how did I do?

I said Leon would get twice as many touches as Jones. Wrong.

I said Jones would not be a viable FF start. Right.

I said Leon would be a better start than Jones. Pretty much a wash, but Leon did better in PPR leagues. Even

I said the Jets woukld not be able to run on the Pats in any case. Bingo.

Bottom line, the idea was to get folks to rethink starting Jones this week, and on that point, I was right. Less than 50 yards combined rush/rec yards, no TD's. Jones won't do much next week either, but should be a little healthier. He's a bye week RB, and will remain so all year.

So, how did I do?

I said Leon would get twice as many touches as Jones. Wrong.

I said Jones would not be a viable FF start. Right.

I said Leon would be a better start than Jones. Pretty much a wash, but Leon did better in PPR leagues. Even

I said the Jets woukld not be able to run on the Pats in any case. Bingo.

Bottom line, the idea was to get folks to rethink starting Jones this week, and on that point, I was right. Less than 50 yards combined rush/rec yards, no TD's. Jones won't do much next week either, but should be a little healthier. He's a bye week RB, and will remain so all year.

Good analysis! I want TJ back!!!!! :D