[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where is Deion Branch?

TurfPimp

Why did you guys expect anything much from Branch - the most overated receiver in football.

Because he is the #1 WR on a WCO team, that while they do spread the ball around, Hass does tend to favor WR's once a repertoire has been built a ton more than Brady ever has. And he did have one year with 998 yards.

You do realize he has over 120 yards so far today? :D

Because he is the #1 WR on a WCO team, that while they do spread the ball around, Hass does tend to favor WR's once a repertoire has been built a ton more than Brady ever has. And he did have one year with 998 yards.

You do realize he has over 120 yards so far today? :D

Oh. He had a good game.

I guess I need to reconsider. Particularly since he is only making 6.5 million dollars a year.

• 2 weeks later...
I was at the game. As some of you may recall, I was outrageously ticked off when we traded a first round pick for Deion freaking Branch. People on this board got personally offended when I suggested that he sucks balls. For some ridiculous reason, the Seahawks traded their very productive #1 wide receiver for a 4th round draft pick...to a team in their own division!! This handed the keys to the WR position to Deion freaking Branch.

Okay. We all know I'm a pessimist, especially when it comes to my homer teams. Knowing full well that I am a pessimist, I figured that Deion freaking Branch cannot be as horrible as I have portrayed him, so I drafted him in my big money local to be my #2 WR. I went to the game today and focused my attention solely on Deion Branch for about 15-20 passing plays. I'm telling you, I could have covered the guy, and I'm 6'3 270. He at no point in the game was more than an arm's length away from very mediocre corners. The guy just cannot get open. He runs horrible routes and instead of adjusting on the fly, he just stops and waves at Hasselbeck like an idiot, suggesting Hasselbeck throw to him even though he is just standing there with the corner chillin' right next to him. I am actually very proud of myself that the game has been over for five hours and I haven't dropped him yet.

:D

I was at the game. As some of you may recall, I was outrageously ticked off when we traded a first round pick for Deion freaking Branch. People on this board got personally offended when I suggested that he sucks balls. For some ridiculous reason, the Seahawks traded their very productive #1 wide receiver for a 4th round draft pick...to a team in their own division!! This handed the keys to the WR position to Deion freaking Branch.

Okay. We all know I'm a pessimist, especially when it comes to my homer teams. Knowing full well that I am a pessimist, I figured that Deion freaking Branch cannot be as horrible as I have portrayed him, so I drafted him in my big money local to be my #2 WR. I went to the game today and focused my attention solely on Deion Branch for about 15-20 passing plays. I'm telling you, I could have covered the guy, and I'm 6'3 270. He at no point in the game was more than an arm's length away from very mediocre corners. The guy just cannot get open. He runs horrible routes and instead of adjusting on the fly, he just stops and waves at Hasselbeck like an idiot, suggesting Hasselbeck throw to him even though he is just standing there with the corner chillin' right next to him. I am actually very proud of myself that the game has been over for five hours and I haven't dropped him yet.

I'd be one of those people that can now say, 100% without a doubt, that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about!

I'm gonna go dig up all those great lines you had in the offseason about Branch. And how Swerski and I, among others tried to explain that maybe a WCO is a little complictaed to pick up for a WR traded mid-season. But no, he just sucks.