[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFC North

piratesownninjas

I feel sorry for the Bears defense. They clearly came ready to play today and the offense has taken a major step backward. When your #1 and #2 can't hold on to the football, it's disgusting. Holding LT down like that was impressive. The Bears O helped break their spirit.

Look, you're not going to find a bigger Bears fan than me. But, they deserved to lose today. Regardless of the turnovers, the offense still has to muster more than 3. Think about it for a moment...they gave it away four times and still only gave up 14. This is the NFL. If your offense can't put up 14 or more, you're gonna lose.

In the end, they're gonna be there. Right now, it was tough to watch.

I feel sorry for the Bears defense. They clearly came ready to play today and the offense has taken a major step backward. When your #1 and #2 can't hold on to the football, it's disgusting. Holding LT down like that was impressive. The Bears O helped break their spirit.

+1. Well said.

Who would have thought that the Packers, Vikings, and Lions would have a tie for first place?

I know its only week one, but I thought it was kind of amusing...

Well Vikings and Lions aren't shocking at all. Falcons and Raiders are awful. Packers i thought would lose a close game vs philly, instead they won a close game. Bears going to San Diego in the season opener was a tough gig, they will still run away with the north.

they will still run away with the north.

Maybe so, and that's where the smart money lays.

But the fact is that right now they need to make up a game on ALL the other North teams.

Maybe so, and that's where the smart money lays.

But the fact is that right now they need to make up a game on ALL the other North teams.

Good point you FWB! :D

I don't think its a lock that the Bears run away with this division, as good as there defense is, there offense may be bad enough to hold them back.

Rex Grossman clearly has not figured out how to properly secure a ball and looks like has has no confidence...

Cedric Benson looks like an absolute spare... 2.2 yards a carry is unacceptable. I don't care who they're playing against. 2.2 will not cut it against anyone.

Several players have been vocal about there displeasure in the Thomas Jones trade, and with Rex Grossman being there quarterback...

The performance from those two today won't do anything to silence the critics in the locker room, just the opposite.

I'm not saying that they won't win the division, but merely pointing out that the gap is being closed.

True enough, but let's grant that the Chargers are one of the 3 best team in the league:

- Det won against Oak, the worst team in the league, but not convinciingly so

- GB won against a solid Philly team, but need a couple gifts to do so

- Minny stomped Atl, who might be on the short list of "team possibly worse than Oak"

That ain't exactly murderer's row ahead of Chicago in the standings.

Growing rr's vocab - FISHTAB - F*ckin' Illinois SHithead Towin' A Boat

David,

Ban this MoFo! He's an interloper and his language is hurting my virgin ears!

Who are you?????

BTW.....If it weren't for FIBs and FISHTABS, Sconnies (FWBs) wouldn't have an economy! :D:wacko::D:wacko:

BTW.....If it weren't for FIBs and FISHTABS, Sconnies (FWBs) wouldn't have an economy!

Our economy would be fine - the country needs fine artisan cheese and TP dammit - but our waterpark-to-taxpayer ratio and number of out-of-state plates heading to the Dells/Door County would suffer greatly.

:D

I don't think its a lock that the Bears run away with this division, as good as there defense is, there offense may be bad enough to hold them back.

Rex Grossman clearly has not figured out how to properly secure a ball and looks like has has no confidence...

Cedric Benson looks like an absolute spare... 2.2 yards a carry is unacceptable. I don't care who they're playing against. 2.2 will not cut it against anyone.

Several players have been vocal about there displeasure in the Thomas Jones trade, and with Rex Grossman being there quarterback...

The performance from those two today won't do anything to silence the critics in the locker room, just the opposite.

I'm not saying that they won't win the division, but merely pointing out that the gap is being closed.

You can say the same things about Tomlinson (who had less than 2.2 yards per carry) and about Rivers (who also threw for 0 TD's and 1 INT).

Both teams played against extremely tough defenses who made their offenses look bad.

Our economy would be fine - the country needs fine artisan cheese and TP dammit - but our waterpark-to-taxpayer ratio and number of out-of-state plates heading to the Dells/Door County would suffer greatly.

:D

Sconny makes cheese! Live w/ it! The beer they make is recycled pee and the TP is single ply!

You can say the same things about Tomlinson (who had less than 2.2 yards per carry) and about Rivers (who also threw for 0 TD's and 1 INT).

I disagree... Tomlinson is the reigning league MVP, and even with his 2.2 yac he still found a way to make an impact on the game with his TD pass and receptions. Benson has disappointed since he came in the league and has shown very little...

As far as Rivers and Grossman, we don't even need to go there. Once again, I'm not saying that the Bears are done. I actually think that they still win the division, but I think the gap is closing... Heck, while we're at it, if you look at old posts on the board, I thought Grossman would mix his fumbleitous, and that Cedric Benson would be everything they thought he would be. It hasn't happened yet. I just wonder when the whispers in the locker room become groans.

The beer they make is recycled pee and the TP is single ply!

I know you know that's a lie.

I will force feed you Sprecher and New Glarus next time I come down. As for the TP, you're on your own with that test of quality. :D

:D Maybe a good pair of diapers woudl be best for someone of your advanced age....

Edited by Chavez

I disagree... Tomlinson is the reigning league MVP, and even with his 2.2 yac he still found a way to make an impact on the game with his TD pass and receptions. Benson has disappointed since he came in the league and has shown very little...

As far as Rivers and Grossman, we don't even need to go there. Once again, I'm not saying that the Bears are done. I actually think that they still win the division, but I think the gap is closing... Heck, while we're at it, if you look at old posts on the board, I thought Grossman would mix his fumbleitous, and that Cedric Benson would be everything they thought he would be. It hasn't happened yet. I just wonder when the whispers in the locker room become groans.

Tomlinson might be the reigning MVP. but I was commenting on what you said about you don't care who it is they should average better than 2.2. yards per carry. and Tomlinson did not meet that standard.

Also wanted to throw out there that Grossman averaged more yards per attempt and also threw the same amount of int's.

The Chargers won because Tomlinson is so versatile ( but he beats out everyone there including Benson of course) and because Gates is phenom.

Tomlinson might be the reigning MVP. but I was commenting on what you said about you don't care who it is they should average better than 2.2. yards per carry. and Tomlinson did not meet that standard.

Also wanted to throw out there that Grossman averaged more yards per attempt and also threw the same amount of int's.

The Chargers won because Tomlinson is so versatile ( but he beats out everyone there including Benson of course) and because Gates is phenom.

You're knit-picking...

Tomlinson with his 2.2 was still involved. Benson was not.

and once again, Grossman has a history of turnovers...

Rivers does not.

I think you're missing my point.