[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jacobs OUT

Dr. Rock

If Jacobs is out any amount of time and the Giants are going to rely on Ward and Droughns, this could be a long year. Or it could be the first time that Manning throws a ton. Or both.

Who the guy with a shoulder injury now? This team is falling apart.

Just got back from the game. My seats were 2nd row endzone which were right by the visitor's locker room. It's baffling that it is a knee injury b/c Jacobs was walking to the locker room without assistance (and also yelling back at the jeering Cowboys fans.) There were 2 trainers on either side, but neither was holding him up. There was a slight limp but nothing that seemed serious.

Just got back from the game. My seats were 2nd row endzone which were right by the visitor's locker room. It's baffling that it is a knee injury b/c Jacobs was walking to the locker room without assistance (and also yelling back at the jeering Cowboys fans.) There were 2 trainers on either side, but neither was holding him up. There was a slight limp but nothing that seemed serious.

Olindis Gary played an entire game on a torn up knee...

I saw the play on replay and the knee looked like it went to far to be just a minor injury. I tore my ACL and played the second half of a soccer game so you don't always know. I hope the guy isn't done for the season but it doesn't look good from what I saw.

**UPDATE**

Brandon Jacobs-RB-Giants Sep. 10 - 1:42 am et

Early indications are that Brandon Jacobs sprained his MCL Sunday night, an injury that should keep him out roughly three weeks.

It's almost safe to get off the ledge. He will undergo an MRI Monday to make sure, but the Newark Star-Ledger says preliminary tests indicate the worst case scenario was avoided. Derrick Ward is expected to start in Jacobs' place in the mean time.

From Rotoworld:

Early indications are that Brandon Jacobs sprained his MCL Sunday night, an injury that should keep him out roughly three weeks.

It's almost safe to get off the ledge. He will undergo an MRI Monday to make sure, but the Newark Star-Ledger says preliminary tests indicate the worst case scenario was avoided. Derrick Ward is expected to start in Jacobs' place in the mean time.

Jacobs,Osi, Manning, and Dockery (like the Giants need anything to happen to thier secondary depth)

Horrible injuries to the Giants,...but i though they played well in spite of things. I'm actually glad Eli sat out even though they were in the midst of an unlikely comeback.

Hoping the later reports are close...picking so late in all my drafts, I went with a top WR and then Jacobs on two teams, hoping he would get plenty of TD's. Not a season killer for me if worse, but sure will hurt.

Good luck, Brandon.

Jacobs,Osi, Manning, and Dockery (like the Giants need anything to happen to thier secondary depth)

Horrible injuries to the Giants,...but i though they played well in spite of things. I'm actually glad Eli sat out even though they were in the midst of an unlikely comeback.

Wasn't it also the Giants that had 3 or 4 guys go down in a pre-season game all within a few minutes. I believe one of the them was a ruptured Achillie's tendon or something like that... seems injuries like to come in groups of 4 if so.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Giants RB Jacobs out 3-5 weeks with sprained MCL

NFL.com Wire Reports

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that Giants running back Brandon Jacobs has a sprained MCL and is expected to miss three to five weeks.

Jacobs suffered the injury in Sunday night's loss to the Cowboys in Dallas.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Giants RB Jacobs out 3-5 weeks with sprained MCL

NFL.com Wire Reports

The NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that Giants running back Brandon Jacobs has a sprained MCL and is expected to miss three to five weeks.

Jacobs suffered the injury in Sunday night's loss to the Cowboys in Dallas.

I know players generally don't get demoted due to injury but if Ware looks anything like he did last night over the next few weeks... I think it would be VERY difficult to hand the job back to Jacobs.

I know players generally don't get demoted due to injury but if Ware looks anything like he did last night over the next few weeks... I think it would be VERY difficult to hand the job back to Jacobs.

I agree. But its better for Jacobs and Giant fans this way. He'll stay healthier and contribute with 10 to 15 carries and do the short-yardage work.

I agree. But its better for Jacobs and Giant fans this way. He'll stay healthier and contribute with 10 to 15 carries and do the short-yardage work.

Agree here too... I never liked Jacobs as a feature runner. Watching his backup just confirmed it for me.

Also, this just makes me question Coughlin's coaching skills even more. Ware just LOOKS (and I'm no veteran NFL scout or anything) better than Jacobs. Like it's not even close... Ware is the Corvette and Jacobs is the Chevy Full-Cab Diesel truck.