[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Dallas Cowboy Countdown to Playoffs Thread

Cowboyz1

Jerry Jones: "Wade, glad you could make it. I would like you to meet our new Head Coach. Jason, this is Wade. Wade, this is Jason." :wacko:

Wade Phillips: :D

Jerry Jones: :D "Uh, Wade? Don't you have something you should be doing? Like cleaning out your desk?"

Very very close. Right along those lines I would guess. Good job.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it confirmed what they reported after the game? Jerry Jones had placed 2 tickets to the NFC Championship Game in each players locker before kickoff?

I hope they enjoy the game......

Very very close. Right along those lines I would guess. Good job.

Thanks. :D

is it confirmed what they reported after the game? Jerry Jones had placed 2 tickets to the NFC Championship Game in each players locker before kickoff?

Wow, it appears he did do that:

January 13, 2008

Jerry Jones adds fuel to Giants fire

I was just about to book my flight to Green Bay next weekend, just in case the Giants win today. But apparently I don’t have to. The NFC championship game will be played in Dallas.

Just ask Jerry Jones.

According to a report on ESPN by Ed Werder (which I didn’t see because I was driving to Texas Stadium), when Jones gave each Cowboys player their tickets to today’s divisional playoff game, he also gave them two tickets to next Sunday’s NFC championship game.

Someone in the Giants organization saw the report, and you better believe that information was passed along to the players.

The confidence/arrogance of Jones is hardly surprising, though it can’t be a good thing for the Cowboys that the information leaked out. As we’ve seen all season, this Giants team thrives on every single real or perceived slight they can find. They are masters at using anything to motivate themselves, especially if it fits into their “Us against The World” theme.

This is just more fuel for their fire.

For the record, if the Cowboys do win, they will host the NFC championship game against the Green Bay Packers here at Texas Stadium on Sunday night. If the Giants win, the NFC championship game between the Giants and Packers will be played at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.

And the tickets Jones gave each of his players will not be honored.

Thank God we can end this thread (after a few comments stating that we are happy to see this thread go away).

Correct, you can safely say this thread is dead along with the 2007 Cowboys season.

I must say, I was WRONG about this Cowboy team. The are not a good as I thought they were and ran my mouth off thinking Romo and Co. and our Defense was seasoned enough to play big in the biggest games. I am truely shocked at that outcome of this game as there was absolutely no doubt in my mind this team was ready to take the next step. Obviously I was sorely mistaken. Dallas lost the game by giving up a Touchdown with 47 seconds in the first half. In a game like this with a supposedly Superbowl caliber Defense, that simply can't happen. A field goal maybe but a Touchdown, never. They Giants new they could beat us then before then they had questions especially the way Barber was running all over them.

Penalties, Dropped passes, Romo's mental mistakes on those two sacks and grounding call all spelled LOSS. I hope they learned a lot about themselves and this game of pro football today.

I do think this team is very good and will only get better. This gash will heal and scare over and hopefully make the team stronger and more determined.

Until next year, I bid you all a good offseason...........................