[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sagarin Rankings After Week 2

wildcat2334

well, it is early, but here is how things are looking after week 2 is in the books

- Sagarin gives some weight to WHO you actually play. He has LSU at #1 - which I would agree with thus far........

PAC 10

SEC

BIG 12

BIG 10

Sagarin Rankings after week 2

But you failed to mention who was #2. Wonder Why...... BOOMER

But you failed to mention who was #2. Wonder Why...... BOOMER

Sooners looking real good so far, Sarge. Jury is still out on my Trojans, tho I'll say the P10 is getting some respect. TX vs. OU going to be a hoot this year, fo sho.....

well, it is early, but here is how things are looking after week 2 is in the books

- Sagarin gives some weight to WHO you actually play. He has LSU at #1 - which I would agree with thus far........

PAC 10

SEC

BIG 12

BIG 10

Sagarin Rankings after week 2

Who cares about conferences......I hate the other teams in the Big Ten, especially Ohio State and Michigan. I hope they lose every game.

Penn State would destroy Arizona. That is where our College football argument should begin and end. :D

Not falling for that OU Sooner crap again. Stoops has a blueprint on how to impress pollsters.

LMMFAO, LSU has a blue print on losing 2 games they shouldn;t lose. I don't expect to see LSU in the NC game.

And if they were to survive, Id much rather face them than SC. Give Carroll a month to prepare for one team, and its usually a blowout, unless you have superman on the other side of the field. Give Les Miles a month, and it will still be a blowout, though LSU will get blown out. That is of course unless you pit a high school team like Notre game against them in their home state. .

Who cares about conferences......I hate the other teams in the Big Ten, especially Ohio State and Michigan. I hope they lose every game.

Penn State would destroy Arizona. That is where our College football argument should begin and end. :D

well, Menudo you probably don't care about conference for a couple reasons.......

1) Penn State is an adopted red headed stepchild - and not a true Big 10 member

2) if the Big 10 had more National Championships than any other conference like the Pac 10 does, well you might just have a little conference pride-

we have way hotter coeds than you do tho.... :D

I couldnt have said it better myself. I dont get why SEC and Pac 10 fans care so much about the conference. I could care less, as long as OU wins it.

And you are damn right, OU would kick the ever living sh*t out of Arizona. I never understood how someone who roots for one school, is so much on the sack of the rest of the teams in the conference. I hope Texas loses every game. I dont root for them. Hurts us in recruiting.

I never understood how someone who roots for one school, is so much on the sack of the rest of the teams in the conference.

The answer to that is simple. He roots for the University of Arizona. :D

LMMFAO, LSU has a blue print on losing 2 games they shouldn;t lose. I don't expect to see LSU in the NC game.

And if they were to survive, Id much rather face them than SC. Give Carroll a month to prepare for one team, and its usually a blowout, unless you have superman on the other side of the field. Give Les Miles a month, and it will still be a blowout, though LSU will get blown out. That is of course unless you pit a high school team like Notre game against them in their home state. .

Fear the Hat! Coach Miles is starting to get a reputation as the "Program Killer" aka Miami and the Notre Dame.

right........because it is such a bad place to go to school.

Stay hot in Pittsburgh...........................

You wouldn't know it just by driving through. It looks like any other valley in the Ridge and Valley section of the Appalachian Mountains in Pennsylvania. However, there is something special in Happy Valley and all it takes is a couple of days there and you feel it too. It doesn't matter if it's a preturnaturally clear Fall day where the mountains themselves appear painted with some type of fantastic watercolor brush too big to be wielded by the hand of man or a nasty wintery day where the screwey microclimates there can cause it to be sunny downtown but snowing at your home.

Nestled directly in the heart of Happy Valley is this Blue and White gem that is the reason for people to come here. This is the Pennsylvania State University. Founded in 1855 Penn State has as rich a history and tradition as any school in the United States. Here, the mantra "Success with Honor" isn't just a slogan, it's the mission. And at the far end of campus, perched atop a small hill with a beautiful view of Mount Nittany is Beaver Stadium, home of the Penn State Nittany Lions.

Seven times a year, the town of State College, PA girds itself for the onslaught of deleriously, happy alumni as they descend upon this arena to witness the chosen of their Alma Mater as they prepare to do battle on the grid iron. 110,000 strong, the alumni and students are drawn out to the stadium, seemingly by a force greater than their own will. Even when they leave this hallowed ground, they take a piece of it with them and they leave a bit of themselves behind. It is part of them and they are part of it. It is something far greater than any individual, much bigger than any town or city. When these faithful gather inside the stadium, you can feel it surround you like a living, breathing thing. As the players take the field you're as much a part of it as they are. WE are family. WE are one. WE ARE.....PENN STATE!

Les Miles is a loud mouth joke. Just wait till he gets the call to go to Michigan. Then you will agree with me.

Then I guess what you're saying is that LSU football will continue to thrive no matter if a coach with a record of 24-4 record leaves or not. That's a hell of a compliment from someone who in the past has found it difficult to thow praises LSU's way. Thanks!

Most people here believe he will leave if and when he gets the call from Michigan. Any idea who LSU might go after to take his place?

right........because it is such a bad place to go to school.

Stay hot in Pittsburgh...........................

Who said it was a bad place to go to school ? :D

I thought we were talking about football teams here........ :D

Then I guess what you're saying is that LSU football will continue to thrive no matter if a coach with a record of 24-4 record leaves or not. That's a hell of a compliment from someone who in the past has found it difficult to thow praises LSU's way. Thanks!

Most people here believe he will leave if and when he gets the call from Michigan. Any idea who LSU might go after to take his place?

The SEC overall isnt strong, I have never been a big fan of the conference. tennesse hasnt had an offense worth a sh*t in 3-4 yrs. Fla was clearly good a yr ago, but they are suspect to me, and we just saw Auburn get bitch slapped. Ga has never had a good defense, Alabama hasnt had either, and S Carolina wasnt worth a Sega! either. Im sorry, but I dont buy this my conference is better, or SOS. Cause I think OU whips whoever is put in front of them. Texas, LSU, or USC. OU has balance on offense again, and as long as the QB isnt playing with a broken wrist, like he did vs LSU, they cake walk the Kitty Kats.

SC brings alot more problems, just because of Carrolls ability to game plan. Through Im not the least bit sold on their QB, WRs or coaching on that side of the ball.

The SEC overall isnt strong, I have never been a big fan of the conference. tennesse hasnt had an offense worth a sh*t in 3-4 yrs. Fla was clearly good a yr ago, but they are suspect to me, and we just saw Auburn get bitch slapped. Ga has never had a good defense, Alabama hasnt had either, and S Carolina wasnt worth a Sega! either. Im sorry, but I dont buy this my conference is better, or SOS. Cause I think OU whips whoever is put in front of them. Texas, LSU, or USC. OU has balance on offense again, and as long as the QB isnt playing with a broken wrist, like he did vs LSU, they cake walk the Kitty Kats.

SC brings alot more problems, just because of Carrolls ability to game plan. Through Im not the least bit sold on their QB, WRs or coaching on that side of the ball.

Your nuts. The level of football played top to bottom, week in week out is much higher than the Big 12.

OU looks good - I will give you that- but talk to me when they actually play someone- their NC schedule is a JOKE. NO, maybe UM was tough when they set the sched. - the reality is, they have 3 cupcakes in Norman, and play no one on the road. Time will tell

Tell me, which great team non-conference did Florida play on the road last year? They won the National Title without playing anyone non-conference, much less someone on the road. Point is... just because you play tough road games, what good does it do when you get destroyed, like Arizona does every year, and like Cal did last year? Speaking of last year, didn't Oklahoma play at Autzen Stadium and get screwed? Oh yeah, once again, if you're saying that playing Pac 10 teams in there house, isn't a "tough road game" arent you kind of downplaying your own conference? You said it yourself, Big Ten teams never go on the road to play anyone of note, yet every year, our conferences biggest road games are AT PAC 10 schools. You're right, we don't play anyone!

Tell me, which great team non-conference did Florida play on the road last year? They won the National Title without playing anyone non-conference, much less someone on the road. Point is... just because you play tough road games, what good does it do when you get destroyed, like Arizona does every year, and like Cal did last year? Speaking of last year, didn't Oklahoma play at Autzen Stadium and get screwed? Oh yeah, once again, if you're saying that playing Pac 10 teams in there house, isn't a "tough road game" arent you kind of downplaying your own conference? You said it yourself, Big Ten teams never go on the road to play anyone of note, yet every year, our conferences biggest road games are AT PAC 10 schools. You're right, we don't play anyone!

Here we are, a year later, STILL :wacko: talking about Oklahoma getting screwed in Oregon. The truth is Oregon was the better :wacko: team last year and they WON the game :D Get over it all ready! Talk about something else ..... please!!

The PAC-10 clearly plays a tougher schedule than most, HELL we play each other :D

I'm not denying that the Pac 10 doesn't play a tougher schedule. I'm not even "not over" the screwjob in Eugene. I threw that in there, but the point was to show that Oklahoma played Oregon on the road last year. The fact that they don't have any road games this year, is somehow supposed to be held against them. I'm just trying to figure out why? Maybe Cal's trip to Colorado State is supposed to be something that we should admire? Or how bout Washingtons trip to Syracuse? Point is... some teams play road games, some don't in any given year. Pac 10 as a whole, plays more than most. But I'm just saying, just simply playing those games doesn't make you good, as evident by Florida last year. What bigger NC road game was there than Ohio State beating Texas in Austin last year? I say none. Florida played no tough NC road games. Who won the national title? THATS THE POINT.

BTW, while I'm at it, we know USC is traveling to Nebraska, but tell me wildcat, by tough road games, certainly you aren't hanging your hat on the fact that Washington state traveled to Wisconsin, and CERTAINLY not Oregon traveling to Michigan (the worsl Michigan team in their illustrious history) are you? Because looking down the schedules of the Pac 10 teams, I'm really trying to find the big Non Conference road game that you say are there. I know I get it... Cal travelled to Knoxville LAST YEAR, and USC travelled to Fayetteville LAST YEAR. Oh and lets not forget about Wazzu travelling to Auburn LAST YEAR. Seems to me, unless you're saying that going to Big Ten schools is a TOUGH road NC game, you don't have much to hang your hat on as far as 2007 goes.

I'm not denying that the Pac 10 doesn't play a tougher schedule. I'm not even "not over" the screwjob in Eugene. I threw that in there, but the point was to show that Oklahoma played Oregon on the road last year. The fact that they don't have any road games this year, is somehow supposed to be held against them. I'm just trying to figure out why? Maybe Cal's trip to Colorado State is supposed to be something that we should admire? Or how bout Washingtons trip to Syracuse? Point is... some teams play road games, some don't in any given year. Pac 10 as a whole, plays more than most. But I'm just saying, just simply playing those games doesn't make you good, as evident by Florida last year. What bigger NC road game was there than Ohio State beating Texas in Austin last year? I say none. Florida played no tough NC road games. Who won the national title? THATS THE POINT.

I love how you point out only the "easy" NC road games :D

Thanks for clearing that up for us. We can see clearly now.