[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sagarin Rankings After Week 2

wildcat2334

Tell me, which great team non-conference did Florida play on the road last year? They won the National Title without playing anyone non-conference, much less someone on the road. Point is... just because you play tough road games, what good does it do when you get destroyed, like Arizona does every year, and like Cal did last year? Speaking of last year, didn't Oklahoma play at Autzen Stadium and get screwed? Oh yeah, once again, if you're saying that playing Pac 10 teams in there house, isn't a "tough road game" arent you kind of downplaying your own conference? You said it yourself, Big Ten teams never go on the road to play anyone of note, yet every year, our conferences biggest road games are AT PAC 10 schools. You're right, we don't play anyone!

wow- you are fired up over this. First off- I made a point on OU- they look good but who the hell knows until they play someone decent. Not comparing their weak NC sched to Florida, where does that even come from? Florida was tested time and time again vs very good SEC schools - I am not hanging my hat that every team HAS to play a killer NC shced every year- certainly Florida proved how battle tested they were in the SEC.

and as for downplaying my own conference? please- my comments where directed at the Big 10- I never said word one about the Big 12 - so how is OU playing at Oregon even relevant? and yes- OU got screwed, it was pretty obvious.

I think I keep it pretty real - and I have given respect for the toughness of the Big 10 in the past- I just happen to think it has been down as a conference the past few years- not sure why- but I truly believe it is the 3rd best conference behind the SEC and Pac 10. I don't think this is some major stretch.........they just came to the same conclusion on ESPN.COM

I'm not denying that the Pac 10 doesn't play a tougher schedule. I'm not even "not over" the screwjob in Eugene. I threw that in there, but the point was to show that Oklahoma played Oregon on the road last year. The fact that they don't have any road games this year, is somehow supposed to be held against them. I'm just trying to figure out why? Maybe Cal's trip to Colorado State is supposed to be something that we should admire? Or how bout Washingtons trip to Syracuse? Point is... some teams play road games, some don't in any given year. Pac 10 as a whole, plays more than most. But I'm just saying, just simply playing those games doesn't make you good, as evident by Florida last year. What bigger NC road game was there than Ohio State beating Texas in Austin last year? I say none. Florida played no tough NC road games. Who won the national title? THATS THE POINT.

jeez - I am not holding OU sched against them- they look good. I just need to see them get a W against a top 30 or 50 team, which Miami is not. period. FLA not playing a tough NC sched? so what - there was no need with the sched they played, they proved they were the best team at the end of the day. Point being the SEC is grind, and the BIg 12 is not.

jeez - I am not holding OU sched against them- they look good. I just need to see them get a W against a top 30 or 50 team, which Miami is not. period. FLA not playing a tough NC sched? so what - there was no need with the sched they played, they proved they were the best team at the end of the day. Point being the SEC is grind, and the BIg 12 is not.

Miami was ranked 28th when OU beat them. They were 3rd in others receiving votes. So they have already dismantled a top 30 team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsinde...seasonYear=2007

Right, and Florida shouldn't be discredited for beating a Florida State school that happened to be down that year.The same way Michigan shouldn't have been discredited for dismantling Notre Dame in South Bend last year, basically the same Notre Dame team that took USC to the wire one year before that. Florida won the NC, so what do they care? LOL! Wildcat was the one that says the Big Ten NEVER plays any tough NON Conference road games, and somehow the SEC and Pac 10 do. The truth of the matter is, the SEC and Big Ten never play each other for whatever reason (I think it has to do with the fact that we have 2 bowl tie-ins already with each other) and the Pac 10 and Big Ten sign contracts for games almost every year. As far as Oklahoma goes, my point there was, they don't have a tough non conference game on the road this year. So what? Does that mean if they run the table in the Big 12, that they are still overrated? Oklahoma could be this years Florida. And personally, I think it's far to early in the season to be saying that the SEC and Pac 10 are so much better than any conference, and it's too early to simply brand the Big ten a loser conference just because the WORST Michigan team in over a century worth of football is 0-2. Big Ten has lost 4 non conference games thus far. Michigan twice, Minnesota once, and Illinois once. That means 8 other teams in the conference are unproven. Ohio State is going through growing pains with a new QB, but by the end of the year, with that defense could be very strong, and the way it's laid out, they could wind up in the BCS race too. You never know. Penn State has one of the 3 or 4 best defenses in the country. I say that because they shut down all that SEC speed from Tennessee last year in there bowl game, and the defense hasn't missed a beat it looks like this year. Wisconsin survived there annual scare from a chump team, they also shut down all that SEC Speed last yea, have a running game, a decent qb, and a good defense. They will be in the discussion. Then there are the unknown teams like Purdue, and my Hawkeyes that might turn out to be pretty good. I just think it's too early to label conferences at this point, and I think it's too early to label teams. From what I've seen so far, LSU and Oklahoma are the only teams that have proven anything so far, and both of them have a long way to go. USC gets there chance this week.

Then there are the unknown teams like Purdue, and my Hawkeyes that might turn out to be pretty good. I just think it's too early to label conferences at this point, and I think it's too early to label teams. From what I've seen so far, LSU and Oklahoma are the only teams that have proven anything so far, and both of them have a long way to go. USC gets there chance this week.

Nice to see you finally mentioned your Hawkeyes. You're right they do have a chance to make a run especially since they don't play either Ohio State or Michigan this season. Of course from what we have seen so far, Iowa might be wishing they played Michigan this year. :D

Not sure how your team plays on the road but from I can see their toughest competition will be away from home against Wisconsin, Penn State and even Purdue.

Nice to see you finally mentioned your Hawkeyes. You're right they do have a chance to make a run especially since they don't play either Ohio State or Michigan this season. Of course from what we have seen so far, Iowa might be wishing they played Michigan this year. :D

Not sure how your team plays on the road but from I can see their toughest competition will be away from home against Wisconsin, Penn State and even Purdue.

Couldnt have said it better myself rocker. of all years not to have Michigan on the schedule this is the year. Iowa hasn't played well on the road the last couple years, but won against all 3 of those teams the last time we played them in there house. Penn State hasn't beaten Iowa since 1999. That actually might be a bad thing, maybe Iowa is due. I would like to beat the stinkin' Badgers for the 3rd time in a row at camp randall, that would be sweet.

Updated thru week 3

Sagarin Ratings - Week 3

Pac 10

SEC

Big East

Big 12

Big 10

"Yeah, the conference that my favorite team is in is ranked first.......forget the fact that my favorite team is trash, I can still brag, because our conference is ranked 1st. Also, the Big 10 conference, my obvious obsession is ranked last, yeah for me, yeah for me :D "

Congrats Wildcat !!!!! :D

"Yeah, the conference that my favorite team is in is ranked first.......forget the fact that my favorite team is trash, I can still brag, because our conference is ranked 1st. Also, the Big 10 conference, my obvious obsession is ranked last, yeah for me, yeah for me :D "

Congrats Wildcat !!!!! :D

such a tool Menudo- like it or not, ranking teams/conferences is a reality in college football. Strength of schedule will play a role in who ends up playing for the NC game when all is said and done.

So , I think teams that factor into the NC picture- USC, LSU, FLA, OU, WVU - are going to care how strong their opponents and league is when it all shakes out. Not an obsession- just reality my man- I think the SEC is #1 - not some blind Pac 10 homer.

Sagarin is prvoen, factors into the BCS equation, and is one way to gauge that- quite being a whiny b*tch.

such a tool Menudo- like it or not, ranking teams/conferences is a reality in college football. Strength of schedule will play a role in who ends up playing for the NC game when all is said and done.

So , I think teams that factor into the NC picture- USC, LSU, FLA, OU, WVU - are going to care how strong their opponents and league is when it all shakes out. Not an obsession- just reality my man- I think the SEC is #1 - not some blind Pac 10 homer.

Sagarin is prvoen, factors into the BCS equation, and is one way to gauge that- quite being a whiny b*tch.

Have no problem with fans rooting for their conference. Most all SEC fans I know root for their conference. It's the same thing in high school football. I root for the teams in our district.

Have no problem with fans rooting for their conference. Most all SEC fans I know root for their conference. It's the same thing in high school football. I root for the teams in our district.

Me too, although the pain that UCLA is feeling this week tickles the cockles of my heart, just a bit... :D

And I think the SEC is better top to bottom, assuming that USC, Cal and OR are the only 3 in P10 that ultimately make much noise in the top 25 BCS standings. Slightly outdone by the 4-5 top SEC teams: LSU, FLA, Ark, TN and AL....

Edited by Coffeeman

Me too, although the pain that UCLA is feeling this week tickles the cockles of my heart, just a bit... :D

And I think the SEC is better top to bottom, assuming that USC, Cal and OR are the only 3 in P10 that ultimately make much noise in the top 25 BCS standings. Slightly outdone by the 4-5 top SEC teams: LSU, FLA, Ark, TN and AL....

LSU fans feel the same way about Auburn getting beat. :D

I guess it's alot like being a true diehard democrat who supports a candidate that loses the democratic nomination to say Hillary Clinton. Although you may continue to vote democrat in the election, you're ok the next day if the democrat candidate loses.

It's so easy......

The SEC overall isnt strong, I have never been a big fan of the conference. tennesse hasnt had an offense worth a sh*t in 3-4 yrs. Fla was clearly good a yr ago, but they are suspect to me, and we just saw Auburn get bitch slapped. Ga has never had a good defense, Alabama hasnt had either, and S Carolina wasnt worth a Sega! either. Im sorry, but I dont buy this my conference is better, or SOS. Cause I think OU whips whoever is put in front of them. Texas, LSU, or USC. OU has balance on offense again, and as long as the QB isnt playing with a broken wrist, like he did vs LSU, they cake walk the Kitty Kats.

SC brings alot more problems, just because of Carrolls ability to game plan. Through Im not the least bit sold on their QB, WRs or coaching on that side of the ball.

In the last 20 years, the teams that make up the Big 12 are a combined 23-35-1 vs the SEC