[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the Benson Bashing Begin

SpinalTapp

I'm not overly concerned with Grossman or Benson. They faced one of the better defenses in the league yesterday, one that is particularly good against the run. Mark my words, while he may not do it with style Benson will be a top 10 rusher this year. He may not be a top 10 fantasy RB, but he will be in the top 10 for rushing yards. Have a little faith.

I have a lot of faith in the Bears being a much better offense this year than what they showed yesterday. But I have little faith in Benson being a Top 10 rusher this year.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not particularly fast, he doesn't cut well, his vision is average, and he's not large enough to be a power back.

Thank you Mr. Scouts Inc. :D

I'll just sum it up with saying that he was running a bit too tentative and needs to hit the hole a little faster. Whatever small window he has to run through, he needs to attack. He didn't have much running room, but it just always looked like he was slow getting to the line anyway. I'm not ready to label him bust just yet. But Grossman.......garbage. Lovey...back away from the Kool-Aid. :D

Edited by Hitman

Grossman's actually looked like an elite QB at times.

:D All he's ever shown IMO is that he can sometimes throw a rope and hit a guy in stride deep down the field........IF there is no pass rush......IF he steps up in the pocket..........IF he doesn't fumble the exchange..........IF the temperature is 74.5 and sunny.........and IF he's not being criticized alot that week.....

He is the most talented FLA QB that came out of Spurrier's system. He has more talent and physical tools than any of those guys. He has shown physical toughness, but lacks it upstairs. His confidence is shattered too easily. The Bears will find out apparently the hard way, that Grossman will by all means prevent them from winning a Super Bowl, and that Grossman is no better than many backup QBs sitting around the league right now (possibly including their own). I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a long time....but enough is enough. He is NOT an adequate starting NFL QB.

Edited by Hitman

:D All he's ever shown IMO is that he can sometimes throw a rope and hit a guy in stride deep down the field........IF there is no pass rush......IF he steps up in the pocket...........IF the temperature is 74.5.........oh yeah, and NO rain...........and IF he's not being criticized alot............

And, sadly, that's a lot more than what Benson's shown.

Grossman can occasionally look like the second coming of Favre. Benson looks like the second coming of Rudi Johnson on his good days and the second coming of Curtis Enis on the others.

:D All he's ever shown IMO is that he can sometimes throw a rope and hit a guy in stride deep down the field........IF there is no pass rush......IF he steps up in the pocket..........IF he doesn't fumble the exchange..........IF the temperature is 74.5 and sunny.........and IF he's not being criticized alot that week.....

He is the most talented FLA QB that came out of Spurrier's system. He has more talent and physical tools than any of those guys. He has shown physical toughness, but lacks it upstairs. His confidence is shattered too easily. The Bears will find out apparently the hard way, that Grossman will by all means prevent them from winning a Super Bowl, and that Grossman is no better than many backup QBs sitting around the league right now (possibly including their own). I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a long time....but enough is enough. He is NOT an adequate starting NFL QB.

He did nothing Sunday to warrant this rant. Grossman is a professional QB playing his second full season. Sure he has had five years(this year being his 5th) years in the league, but how many offensive coordinators. He certainly doesn't have elite weapons such as Carson Palmer...but I think he threw as many TD's last year if not more....all this kid needs to do is manage the game better.

I think we should still focus on the real problem of the equation, Rex Grossman as the worst QB in the league. If I was the coach against the Bears, I know I'd load up on the run game and make Grossman beat me...because I know that will NEVER happen. Grossman, as I said last year, is not a good QB. He was just a product of the Spurrier system in Florda like every other QB from Spurrier.

different topic but why all the Grossman bashing......LOOK AT THE STATS........RIVERS PUT UP THE SAME NUMBERS

Does anyone remember how Brian Griese got to where he is today? A backup journeyman QB? Pretty much the same reasons that Grossman is killing the Bears. Mental mistakes and shaky confidence that cost the team in the big games. Might was well go with the veteran choker, who throws less ridiculous INTS. Grossman's antics only stir up comparisons to the great Aaron Brooks. (BTW, did anyone see that great backwards screen-pass he threw to Benson?) Could have been a TD for the DEF is not for the one-handed grab by Benson. This guy is always one big play from giving the game away to the other team........ :D .WAKE UP BEARS fans!

Does anyone remember how Brian Griese got to where he is today? A backup journeyman QB? Pretty much the same reasons that Grossman is killing the Bears. Mental mistakes and shaky confidence that cost the team in the big games. Might was well go with the veteran choker, who throws less ridiculous INTS. Grossman's antics only stir up comparisons to the great Aaron Brooks. (BTW, did anyone see that great backwards screen-pass he threw to Benson?) Could have been a TD for the DEF is not for the one-handed grab by Benson. This guy is always one big play from giving the game away to the other team........ :D .WAKE UP BEARS fans!

Agreed in general, although Grossman is much more talented than Griese ever was.

I think that this is Rex's last year as a starter. Dude has all of the physical skills in the world, but has a serious lack of confidence and I don't see that changing any time soon. Whenever he makes a mistake, he tries desperately to make up for it and ends up making another in the process. The way that he blew up at the media during the week leading up to the SB was another example. A confident QB shrugs off criticism, while a self-conscious one gets defensive.

Edited by Bill Swerski

There is a better chance of Benson being a top 5 RB than Grossman being a top 20 QB.

Benson will never be a top 5 RB. Grossman could easily be a top 20 QB! Sorry your eval is very wrong!

Benson stands straight and goes forward. No moves lateral, can't spin, has a poor attitude. RB's come out of college and have a natural ability, but can be changed. Benson will never change. He's a better FB than a RB.

Grossman has an arm, decent accuracy, can't move well, and handles the ball poorly. He barely makes it to vet status w/ his experience. BUT he is trainable! His moves may never get better, but his ball handling and vision will improve.

TJ was the best back the Bears had. And whether it was $$$$$$ or Angelo's ego, it doesn't matter. TJ is gone and I wish him well.

I say let him play his full second season and we will see. However, to dispell any notion you have at him not being able to win big games. Seems to me he lost to Carolina in 2005...and that was Peanut Tillman's fault...and the secondary...Steve Smith beat the Bears. And this year in the playoffs he played pretty well when he needed to. He did his job. In the SuperBowl, he mad a couple of bad throws...but in fairness, it was his first time deep into the playoffs, it was raining, and it was essentially his first year as a starter. Now, I think you are being just a little too harsh on a guy who basically performed as good as John Elway did in his first SuperBowl...even though Grossman will never be John Elway.

He might be a "bad" quarterback but I personally think the jury is still out. He did all he could yesterday, the offensive line destroyed the Bears' chances to win the game yesterday, plain and simple.

Just like the jury was still out on Michael Vick until, oh, about 3 weeks ago from the Vick defenders. How long are you going to give Grossman?

Just like the jury was still out on Michael Vick until, oh, about 3 weeks ago from the Vick defenders. How long are you going to give Grossman?

Let me ask you this....who is your favorite team....and ask yourself...did you give that quarterback two full seasons to prove himself. I don't get the premature dismantlement of Grossman. I think he will turn out to be a fine quarterback...for another team....the Chicago media will hold him to a Peyton like standard that noone can live up too...except Peyton. If he throws 23 touchdowns this year and only has 10 INTS with only 4 fumbles....would you still be barking about a jury?

Let me ask you this....who is your favorite team....and ask yourself...did you give that quarterback two full seasons to prove himself. I don't get the premature dismantlement of Grossman. I think he will turn out to be a fine quarterback...for another team....the Chicago media will hold him to a Peyton like standard that noone can live up too...except Peyton. If he throws 23 touchdowns this year and only has 10 INTS with only 4 fumbles....would you still be barking about a jury?

:D He is a Packers fan.

Maybe as a carepackage this year I will send some Vicodin up your way....maybe Favre can play better than Grossman that way!!! LOL

How many QB's have the Bears gone thru since Favre has been in office? Whose laughing now? In fact, why don't you keep the Vicodin down there in Chicago. I have a feeling you Bears fans are going to need it more than Favre to take away the pain of Grossman as your QB.

By the way, you think everybody is laughing with you when you make fun of Favre when you have GROSSMAN as your QB? How cute.

Edited by tosberg34