[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the Benson Bashing Begin

SpinalTapp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember how Brian Griese got to where he is today? A backup journeyman QB? Pretty much the same reasons that Grossman is killing the Bears. Mental mistakes and shaky confidence that cost the team in the big games. Might was well go with the veteran choker, who throws less ridiculous INTS. Grossman's antics only stir up comparisons to the great Aaron Brooks. (BTW, did anyone see that great backwards screen-pass he threw to Benson?) Could have been a TD for the DEF is not for the one-handed grab by Benson. This guy is always one big play from giving the game away to the other team........ :D .WAKE UP BEARS fans!

My thoughts...

I happen to think Griese is a much better QB and game manager than Grossman. Griese got into the league replacing one of the greatest QBs of all time...Elmay, biway, whatever I heard he was good. Just sounds like a classic "destined to fail" if there ever was one, the re-bound if you will. Thanks for at least giving Broncos fans the joy of saying :at least he's better than Griese, now Plummer and eventually Cutler too. You can't ever even think that about Elways replacement. Hes just a sacrifice bred for the purpose. Not to mention I don't think Shanny is the best HC at "grooming" young QBs. I'm sure Griese had to fend for himself a lot more than most young QBs. He covets RBs and apparently cover corners.

Then 5 games in Miami the same year I believe another HOF QB gave his team the royal finger. Dan " I'll take the job ...3,4,5 I quit thanks for the time together" Marino.

He played fairly well in TB with 2600 yds 20 TDs in 11 games...alomst 4000/30+ over a full season. My opinion TB decided to rebuild and keep a younger, CHEAPER QB on the roster in Simms and let Griese go over money and roster moves.

Hard to write him off all things considered but thats just my opinion I could be wrong.

Edited by Qball86

My thoughts...

I happen to think Griese is a much better QB and game manager than Grossman. Griese got into the league replacing one of the greatest QBs of all time...Elmay, biway, whatever I heard he was good. Just sounds like a classic "destined to fail" if there ever was one, the re-bound if you will. Thanks for at least giving Broncos fans the joy of saying :at least he's better than Griese, now Plummer and eventually Cutler too. You can't ever even think that about Elways replacement. Hes just a sacrifice bred for the purpose. Not to mention I don't think Shanny is the best HC at "grooming" young QBs. I'm sure Griese had to fend for himself a lot more than most young QBs. He covets RBs and apparently cover corners.

Then 5 games in Miami the same year I believe another HOF QB gave he team the royal finger. I'll take the job ...3,4,5 I quit thanks for the time together.

He played fairly well in TB with 2600 yds 20 TDs in 11 games...alomst 4000/30+ over a full season. My opinion TB decided to rebuild and keep a younger, CHEAPER QB on the roster in Simms and let Griese go over money and roster moves.

Hard to write him off all things considered but thats just my opinion I could be wrong.

I think i speak for the rest of the Huddlers when I say I have no f'n idea what your are saying in here. Your ramblings don't make any sense and barely, I think, even fit into the context of what we are trying to say in this thread. Please go to the "Homeless and Hungry" forum and post there from now on (where people might be able to understand you).

Edited by tosberg34

How many QB's have the Bears gone thru since Favre has been in office? Whose laughing now? In fact, why don't you keep the Vicodin down there in Chicago. I have a feeling you Bears fans are going to need it more than Favre to take away the pain of Grossman as your QB.

By the way, you think everybody is laughing with you when you make fun of Favre when you have GROSSMAN as your QB? How cute.

LOL....and Favre SUCKED for how long....funny you only give Rex not even two years. How impatient of you....by your standards Favre should have been traded and not been able to abuse drugs on your teams watch.

different topic but why all the Grossman bashing......LOOK AT THE STATS........RIVERS PUT UP THE SAME NUMBERS

What stats are we looking at? I don't see the same stats.

Last year Rivers had 22 TDs 9 INTs 2 Fumbles Lost

Rivers threw more INTs than TDs in only 1 game last year.

Grossman had 23 TDs 20 INTs 5 Fumbles Lost

Grossman threw More INTs than TDs in atleast 6 games last year.

Are you talking about COLLEGE stats? :D

If you are, Rivers is still the better QB. Spurrier MAKES QBs look amazing in his system, then they will never amount to a thing in the NFL.

In fact, Grossman got statistically worse in his last year, even though he did throw more passes...his TDs fell off.

+------------------------+----+--------------------+|  YR	Team			|  G | CMP ATT  PYD TD IN |+------------------------+----+--------------------+| 2000 Florida		   | 11 | 131 212 1866 21  7 | | 2001 Florida		   | 11 | 259 395 3896 34 12 | | 2002 Florida		   | 13 | 287 503 3402 22 17 |+------------------------+----+--------------------++------------------------+----+--------------------+|  YR	Team			|  G | CMP ATT  PYD TD IN |+------------------------+----+--------------------+| 2000 NorthCarolinaStat | 11 | 237 441 3054 25 10 | | 2001 NorthCarolinaStat | 11 | 240 369 2586 16  7 |  | 2002 NorthCarolinaStat | 14 | 262 418 3353 20 10 |  | 2003 NorthCarolinaStat | 13 | 348 483 4491 34  7 |  +------------------------+----+--------------------+

Edited by CD6405

I think i speak for the rest of the Huddlers when I say

Oh god I hope I wasn't fooled by all huddlers in the past 4 years...if you're their spokesman shame on me.

Thank god I get the saying "consider the source".

I have no f'n idea what your are saying in here. Your ramblings don't make any sense

You'll hear about paragraphs and sentences sometime in the 4th grade I believe, you'll want to catch that one.

I think i speak for the rest of the Huddlers when I say I have no f'n idea what your are saying in here. Your ramblings don't make any sense and barely, I think, even fit into the context of what we are trying to say in this thread. Please go to the "Homeless and Hungry" forum and post there from now on (where people might be able to understand you).

Oh god I hope I wasn't fooled by all huddlers in the past 4 years...if you're their spokesman shame on me.

Thank god I get the saying "consider the source".

You'll hear about paragraphs and sentences sometime in the 4th grade I believe, you'll want to catch that one.

Who are you two? :D

Edited by rajncajn

LOL....and Favre SUCKED for how long....funny you only give Rex not even two years. How impatient of you....by your standards Favre should have been traded and not been able to abuse drugs on your teams watch.

LOL...Favre's skills may have eroded in the last several years but name me a team that would take Grossman over Favre? Go ahead, give it a try. That's right, even the Bears would take him given the opportunity. Oh yeah, did I mention that he is a lock for the HOF too? That's okay, though. By the time Favre retires next year I'm sure your Bears will have gone thru 6 more quarterbacks.

Edited by tosberg34

LOL...Favre's skills may have eroded in the last several years but name me a team that would take Grossman over Favre? Go ahead, give it a try. That's right, even the Bears would take him given the opportunity. Oh yeah, did I mention that he is a lock for the HOF too? That's okay, though. By the time Favre retires next year I'm sure your Bears will have gone thru 6 more quarterbacks.

Favre BLEW HUGH SACK his first couple of years starting. More INT's than TD's. But yet...thank god the Pack stuck with him cause he developed into a HALL OF FAME QB. I am not trying to say Grossman will be the second coming of Favre....but your criticism is misplaced when your patience with Favre was tolerated.......NO?

If "Sweetness" was still alive he'd :wacko: and then he would line Benson and Peterson up and :D I can understand the lack of production against a good D and the two fumbles but where's the heart or passion............Benson put on a ball cap and stood there pouting.....When Peterson went in....I would have been pissed! I would have went T.O. or being fron New york I would have Lattrel Spreewelled someone :D When those two guys got airtime after the game they should have apologized to every bears fan that bought a ticket and wasted their time on this planet watching that game...........It made me.....SICK..... Enough said!!!!!

Edited by IrishPride

People need to stop saying Griese is a better quarterback than Grossman. He simply isn't. I don't care what he did with Tampa Bay. He blows now. He sucked in camp and he did poor in preseason action too. Stop it, Bears fans and non-Bears fans a like.

Griese is a better quarterback than Grossman. :D But, then again, so is Charlie Frye.

People need to stop saying Griese is a better quarterback than Grossman. He simply isn't. I don't care what he did with Tampa Bay. He blows now. He sucked in camp and he did poor in preseason action too. Stop it, Bears fans and non-Bears fans a like.

All I know is Griese has 24 more career TD's than INT's and a 63 % completion percentage and Grossman has the same amount of INT's as TD's in his career with a 54% career completion percentage.

I am not trying to dog Grossman out or anything as I think he too is a solid enough QB and I understand Griese got those stats with other teams in a different situation. I just think Griese is slightly better.

All I know is Griese has 24 more career TD's than INT's and a 63 % completion percentage and Grossman has the same amount of INT's as TD's in his career with a 54% career completion percentage.

I am not trying to dog Grossman out or anything as I think he too is a solid enough QB and I understand Griese got those stats with other teams in a different situation. I just think Griese is slightly better.

Griese was just plain sh!tty in training camp. I went to camp one day and his first two passes were picked off. In preseason he didn't show me anything. Grossman has a better arm and better physical tools.

For people to pin this loss against the Chargers on Grossman is stupid and clearly shows ignorance and a misunderstanding of the game of football, end of story. This was on the offensive line, that is a fact.

Griese was just plain sh!tty in training camp. I went to camp one day and his first two passes were picked off. In preseason he didn't show me anything. Grossman has a better arm and better physical tools.

For people to pin this loss against the Chargers on Grossman is stupid and clearly shows ignorance and a misunderstanding of the game of football, end of story. This was on the offensive line, that is a fact.

Who said they blamed Grossman for the loss in S.D.? :D