[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let the Benson Bashing Begin

SpinalTapp

I think it's too early to write off Benson - the play calling Sunday was terrible and there was no pacing to what they were trying to do.

As for Rex - I'll give him this year but more than one of his patented 3 INT games and I say ship his ass out AFTER the season. He wasn't great last Sunday but anyone who saw the game saw too very dialed in D's against 2 O's that were trying to find their footing. Not a surprise for week 1 actually.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Corey Dillon would be interested in playing for the Bears. :D

From the Chicago Sun-Times.

If Benson does not start producing, the team is going to have to start thinking about other options because there may not be another one on the roster. Rookie Garrett Wolfe didn’t see the field Sunday.

One back who will field calls is Corey Dillon, who gained 812 yards last season splitting time with Laurence Maroney in New England and scored 13 touchdowns.

‘‘If the right team called, there might be interest,’’ said Steve Feldman, agent for the 32-year-old Dillon. ‘‘Chicago is definitely a right team.’’

Oh man, Ced has got to be a bit worried. Between this and all the "soft" accusations from SD.

From the Chicago Sun-Times.

If Benson does not start producing, the team is going to have to start thinking about other options because there may not be another one on the roster. Rookie Garrett Wolfe didn’t see the field Sunday.

One back who will field calls is Corey Dillon, who gained 812 yards last season splitting time with Laurence Maroney in New England and scored 13 touchdowns.

‘‘If the right team called, there might be interest,’’ said Steve Feldman, agent for the 32-year-old Dillon. ‘‘Chicago is definitely a right team.’’

Oh man, Ced has got to be a bit worried. Between this and all the "soft" accusations from SD.

:D:D

Why? Why did I take him?

Jeez, all this panic after one bad game? Benson, in my mind is not the one who is 'soft' here. Does anyone remember him just stoning Zach Thomas on a blitz last year? You don't make it to where he did in the college, and then to the NFL by being soft.

My guess is he's probably extremely motivated right about now - and with his stock at $0.50 on the dollar, it's a great time to pick him up.

Starting him over Tatum Bell this week.

My one concern is actually injury related. Keep in mind Benson is coming off a knee injury, and his confidence may not quite be there yet. That's the place to look out for.