[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL confiscates camera aimed at Jets bench

nhoops

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most of you will disagree with me, but personally, I'd like it if: a team is caught filming (the other team's coaches) during the game - they should receive a loss. I know this is a drastic move, but it's the way to curtail such cheating.

Did New England pick up any Jets players this year (ones that would know this year's playbook)?

I know most of you will disagree with me, but personally, I'd like it if: a team is caught filming (the other team's coaches) during the game - they should receive a loss. I know this is a drastic move, but it's the way to curtail such cheating.

Did New England pick up any Jets players this year (ones that would know this year's playbook)?

The Jets brought in recently released Reche :D Caldwell for a visit.

The Pats returned the favor by hosting recently released Bobby Hamilton and Tim Dwight.

From boston.com......

September 8, 2007

Playing games?

By Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff

The gamesmanship between the Patriots and the Jets never ends.

After the Jets brought in former Patriots wide receiver Reche Caldwell earlier this week for a visit -- ostensibly to pump him for information on the Patriots -- New England reciprocated Friday, hosting a pair of former Jets who also once wore Patriots uniforms, wide receiver Tim Dwight and defensive end Bobby Hamilton.

Dwight, who played for the Patriots in 2005, spent last season with the Jets and had 16 catches for 112 yards in nine games before a foot injury ended his season. He was in camp with the Jets this year but never got off the physically unable to perform list before being released Aug. 27. Hamilton, who played for the Patriots from 2000 to 2003, played for the Jets last season as well and was among New York's final cuts coming out of camp.

Hamilton's tryout makes more sense than Dwight's from a football perspective. He has experience in the Patriots' system and the team is without defensive end Richard Seymour, who is starting the season on reserve/PUP. Plus, the Patriots worked out two other defensive linemen, Cedric Killings and Willie Whitehead, the same day. Dwight would be hard pressed to crack New England's already stacked receiver corps, so his visit looks like more of a fact-finding mission.

This is all just fake, made up by the Jets.

It's so obvious, and here is why: No one uses VHS tapes anymore, it's all about DVDs. Who here has bought a movie on a VHS in the last 5 years? No one. The Patriots are a very very rich organization, they threw out the VCRs years ago. Even if they DID take it on VHS they couldn't even watch it! DVDs are the present....now if a DVD shows up from the Pats locker room watching the Jets coaches...maybe I'll believe it.

when was the last time the Pats opened of their wallet

Take away some of their draft picks.

This is all just fake, made up by the Jets.

It's so obvious, and here is why: No one uses VHS tapes anymore, it's all about DVDs. Who here has bought a movie on a VHS in the last 5 years? No one. The Patriots are a very very rich organization, they threw out the VCRs years ago. Even if they DID take it on VHS they couldn't even watch it! DVDs are the present....now if a DVD shows up from the Pats locker room watching the Jets coaches...maybe I'll believe it.

To the bolded part: then why can't they buy something better for belichick to wear?

Also, it didn't say VHS, and ALL camera use tapes of some type, with the exception of a few recent Panasonic models and maybe one or two Canons.

In fact, there's good chance that tape was a BetaCam of some type or a more recent miniDV format that uses a cheapie HD codec to capture with.

Take away some of their draft picks.

+1

I've read (sorry, no link) that the Pats pulled the same shenanigans on the Packers a couple of years back. Also, "unnamed" GM's (so take it FWIW) in the same article complained that the Pats have done this for a while now.

I'm all for stealing signs and trying to get an edge, but to use a guy with a camara to do it? That's a little blatant, don't you think? Get someone with 20/5 vision (I think that is perfect?) and let them stare at the Jet coaches all game, read lips and such. To me, that is fine.

Truth be told, we got our arses handed to us...how much of a difference could this have made?

To the bolded part: then why can't they buy something better for belichick to wear?

Also, it didn't say VHS, and ALL camera use tapes of some type, with the exception of a few recent Panasonic models and maybe one or two Canons.

In fact, there's good chance that tape was a BetaCam of some type or a more recent miniDV format that uses a cheapie HD codec to capture with.

I'm just mad 3 5 people felt the need to correct a joke post.

:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

Uh oh. So can we now put an *beside all their wins. Model NFL franchise my @$$! Wonder how many players on the field they had direct communication with, I'd bet it wass more than Tom Brady!

Edited by Hat Trick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

Uh oh. So can we now put an *beside all their wins. Model NFL franchise my @$$! Wonder how many players on the field they had direct communication with, I'd bet it wass more than Tom Brady!

So does this mean that Peter King will finally stop slobbering all over the collective knob of the "classiest organization in the NFL"? :D

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke rules by taping Jets' signals

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: September 11, 2007, 6:10 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello: "No decision has been rendered, we haven't announced anything and the club hasn't been notified."

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made and that the club has not been notified.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

Joke about it all you want, but Kerry Rhodes was quoted as saying "It seemed like Brady knew what we were going to do on every play." This could get serious, in terms of what it might cost the Pats. Goddell doesn't hand slap, he beitch slaps, and 'ol Billy B is about to get the back of the Commishioner's hand big time. There are even rumors (which I don't put much stock in) of a forfiet....

Joke about it all you want, but Kerry Rhodes was quoted as saying "It seemed like Brady knew what we were going to do on every play." This could get serious, in terms of what it might cost the Pats. Goddell doesn't hand slap, he beitch slaps, and 'ol Billy B is about to get the back of the Commishioner's hand big time. There are even rumors (which I don't put much stock in) of a forfiet....

It should be a forfeit. There is no need for this type of stuff. I also wonder who else had communicae devices in their helmets other than Brady?? HMM....this makes you question all things they do. Rather sad...they had a chance to be the best team dynasty ever.

Whatever....Not disputing the facts, just that I don't believe they are the only team that does this.

I highly doubt that it had any effect on the out come of this game though.....maybe future games when they identify certain hand signals for certain plays and blitzs.

No link but heard on Radio

Apparently this is a rule that has been long forgotten and never enforced. Godell said he'd be making sure certain rules were enforced this year. The Jets (who still haven't forgiven Belicheck for stepping down) made the league aware of what they suspected the Pats would do. Before the game the league had people checking the sidelines and verifying what cameras were filming what.

Ballsey by Belicheck to continue to do it if he knew they would be checking for it.

One easy solution would be to mic up the MLB and backup (just like the QB - Green Dot)......then all they'd need to worry about is the lip readers.

I'm sure Bill Polian will try to get the pick for himself, after all the Pats did this when they beat them all those times..... :D