[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan

Gonkis

As a lifetime Michigan fan, I am speechless. Literally. No words can describe it. I went outside and played with the kids halfway through the game.. Too painful.

I did fid this funny, though, sent to me from an OSU fan this morning. (Remember I live in Ohio :D)

How many batteries does it take to run a Michigan team?

1AA

As a lifetime Michigan fan, I am speechless. Literally. No words can describe it. I went outside and played with the kids halfway through the game.. Too painful.

I did fid this funny, though, sent to me from an OSU fan this morning. (Remember I live in Ohio :D)

How many batteries does it take to run a Michigan team?

1AA

Is that run or ruin????

Funny though,

but beleive me I feel your pain, Snelly and Blake coached OU, man those were rough years......

Michigan is too talented to stay down very long.

Lloyd has just not caught up with the times and the new Michigan coach will bring excitement back to Ann Arbor.

I have respected and loathed Michigan for years with a heavy heart I lived through the Cooper years where Michigan dominated OSU.

I was in the Big House in "95" and Michigan had a subpar season that year as well and Tim "Puka" ran fpr 317 yards on the #2 team in the country.

I'm not overlooking Michigan and I do not think Tress is either.

I also think OSU has looked sub par and I'm thinking Washington upsets us. I expect OSU to lose 3 games this year.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Michigan is too talented to stay down very long.

Lloyd has just not caught up with the times and the new Michigan coach will bring excitement back to Ann Arbor.

I have respected and loathed Michigan for years with a heavy heart I lived through the Cooper years where Michigan dominated OSU.

I was in the Big House in "95" and Michigan had a subpar season that year as well and Tim "Puka" ran fpr 317 yards on the #2 team in the country.

I'm not overlooking Michigan and I do not think Tress is either.

I also think OSU has looked sub par and I'm thinking Washington upsets us. I expect OSU to lose 3 games this year.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

I love my Dawgs but I can't see them beating the Buckeyes on Saturday. Freshman QB and the Buckeyes are better at the skilled positions. We have been playing a little over our heads and I see a 34-26 Buckeye victory. Keep an eye on our freshman QB, Jake Locker, the kids got the "IT" factor. He's going to be very, very special!

Edited by theprofessor

I love my Dawgs but I can't see them beating the Buckeyes on Saturday. Freshman QB and the Buckeyes are better at the skilled positions. We have been playing a little over our heads and I see a 34-26 Buckeye victory. Keep an eye on our freshman QB, Jake Locker, the kids got the "IT" factor. He's going to be very, very special!

How have the Huskies been playing over their heads? What impression do you have from the first two games that either opponent was capable of beating them? Did that Akron game indicate that Ohio State has better "skill" players?

Defense is the strong suit of both of these teams. Washington 17, Ohio State 14.

How have the Huskies been playing over their heads? What impression do you have from the first two games that either opponent was capable of beating them? Did that Akron game indicate that Ohio State has better "skill" players?

Defense is the strong suit of both of these teams. Washington 17, Ohio State 14.

I guess alot rides on OSU o-line which has not done a thing against YSU and Akron and I can't see UW d-line being worse than these 2 schools.

"Beanie" Wells has not done squat yet in my book this season and someone other than Brian Robiskie needs to be able to catch the ball.

Boeckman has not faced a enviroment like Husky staduim and at night!!!!!! The OSU youth has not seen anything like this and Tress is great coach, but some things you can't prepare for. Don't get me wrong I think OSU will get better over the course of the season I just don't like this matchup at this time of the season for us.

OSU travels a long distance for this game as well and time difference may play a small factor. I do like OSU defense a lot and I can see Tress doing the 2002 game plan where we lived off the defense and almost lost like 4 games and I swear I aged like 10 years that year.

I love my Bucks, but something tells me this is a great game to bet on if you take the Huskies and 3 points. I hope i'm wrong...Something just does not feel right to me.

I think Ty's a better than average coach and if you look at what UW has done in the past to Big Ten teams in Seattle...The whole thing bothers me and should Washington spread us out....I'm going to stop before I smack myself...I hate games where I get this bad feeling...Oh well....GO BUCKS.

Edited by sacosud

No one does well traveling to the west coast to play, thats why this is a very tough match up for the Buckeyes. Tennessee already found that out at Cal. Michigan a few years ago got beat by Oregon. Iowa got destroyed by Arizona State. I remember Alabama getting thumped by UCLA back in 2000, and Auburn getting beat in 02 at USC. Travelling to the west coast usually means "L" for anyone.

I guess alot rides on OSU o-line which has not done a thing against YSU and Akron and I can't see UW d-line being worse than these 2 schools.

"Beanie" Wells has not done squat yet in my book this season and someone other than Brian Robiskie needs to be able to catch the ball.

Boeckman has not faced a enviroment like Husky staduim and at night!!!!!! The OSU youth has not seen anything like this and Tress is great coach, but some things you can't prepare for. Don't get me wrong I think OSU will get better over the course of the season I just don't like this matchup at this time of the season for us.

OSU travels a long distance for this game as well and time difference may play a small factor. I do like OSU defense a lot and I can see Tress doing the 2002 game plan where we lived off the defense and almost lost like 4 games and I swear I aged like 10 years that year.

I love my Bucks, but something tells me this is a great game to bet on if you take the Huskies and 3 points. I hope i'm wrong...Something just does not feel right to me.

I think Ty's a better than average coach and if you look at what UW has done in the past to Big Ten teams in Seattle...The whole thing bothers me and should Washington spread us out....I'm going to stop before I smack myself...I hate games where I get this bad feeling...Oh well....GO BUCKS.

I will say the major weakness of Washington is the secondary, and with the cannon supposedly in possession of the OSU QB, I can see the Buckeyes trying to unleash the bomb in this game on some occasions. Could be the difference maker if they are able to take advantage. And kickoff is at 12:30 local time, hardly a night game.

It is the most anticipated game on campus since Michigan in 2001 (there I made it relevant to the thread topic).

I will say the major weakness of Washington is the secondary, and with the cannon supposedly in possession of the OSU QB, I can see the Buckeyes trying to unleash the bomb in this game on some occasions. Could be the difference maker if they are able to take advantage. And kickoff is at 12:30 local time, hardly a night game.

It is the most anticipated game on campus since Michigan in 2001 (there I made it relevant to the thread topic).

I thought this was a night game.

Purdue and Penn State are at night I guess.

This sucks, I'm going to my son's game and I thought I was in the clear...Oh well..Blood is thicker than Scarlet and Gray Blood.

No one does well traveling to the west coast to play, thats why this is a very tough match up for the Buckeyes. Tennessee already found that out at Cal. Michigan a few years ago got beat by Oregon. Iowa got destroyed by Arizona State. I remember Alabama getting thumped by UCLA back in 2000, and Auburn getting beat in 02 at USC. Travelling to the west coast usually means "L" for anyone.

Don't forget the Sooners getting pounded "All Day" by the Bruins a couple years ago :D:D

I thought this was a night game.

Purdue and Penn State are at night I guess.

This sucks, I'm going to my son's game and I thought I was in the clear...Oh well..Blood is thicker than Scarlet and Gray Blood.

Yes, OSU is the rare night game in Beaver Stadium. 8 PM kickoff. Gives the fans all day to get liquored up before the game. That should be fun. :D

Come on ...... Arizona and ASU in the last 23 years :D

Come on....let's be fair Professor. With the exception of USC no other Pac 10 has exactly lit it up consistently these past 23 years. You could use that argument with just about any Pac 10 school. The fact is with the exception of the Arizona game the other two LSU wins were quality road wins. If ASU would have beaten the Tigers the year they played their record would have been 8-4 while USC would have been 10-2. Not too shabby.

I was in high school the 4 yrs Gardere beat OU. Think that wasnt tough, going to school in Texas.

Nahh, you are a Texan. You could have brushed your teeth and turned hetero and noone would have had a clue you were a mobilehoma fan.

I will say the major weakness of Washington is the secondary, and with the cannon supposedly in possession of the OSU QB, I can see the Buckeyes trying to unleash the bomb in this game on some occasions. Could be the difference maker if they are able to take advantage.

3rd Qtr

2nd-7, OHSt32 9:55 T. Boeckman passed to B. Robiskie to the right for 68 yard touchdown. R. Pretorius made PAT

4th Qtr

3rd-9, Wash36 3:48 T. Boeckman passed to B. Hartline down the middle for 36 yard touchdown. R. Pretorius made PAT

:D

Wow....I did not see that coming and I guess someone woke up Beanie and the O-line.

Defense was very good, however gave up way to many yards to Locker.

All and All a great performance in hostile enviroment and I feel alot better seeing the o-line perform well.

Brandon Saine is getting some great looks and I guess OSU may have started putting it together late against Akron.

It's time to start conference play and I'm hoping the Bucks can keep maturing and be ready for the Wildcats.

I would have lost some good money today. I'm glad I'm not allowed to bet against the Bucks. :D

Wow....I did not see that coming and I guess someone woke up Beanie and the O-line.

Defense was very good, however gave up way to many yards to Locker.

All and All a great performance in hostile enviroment and I feel alot better seeing the o-line perform well.

Brandon Saine is getting some great looks and I guess OSU may have started putting it together late against Akron.

It's time to start conference play and I'm hoping the Bucks can keep maturing and be ready for the Wildcats.

I would have lost some good money today. I'm glad I'm not allowed to bet against the Bucks. :wacko:

I was at the game yesterday and it was very frustrating as a Husky fan. The officiating, while it definately did not affect the outcome, was horrible. There were numerous poor calls, in the first half, that seemed to all go against the Huskies. The guy sitting next to me was listening to the ESPN broadcast and the announcers were stating the same thing. Maybe Sarge is right :D

The Huskies had many opportunities to get momentum in the first half and take the game over but they continued to make mistakes at key times that killed them. I said going in that I felt OSU had more talent at the skilled positions and I was right. Robiskie scared me all game. Why Washington didn't roll their safety over to his side to help the corner deep is beyond me? I felt that he was going to kill us deep on a big play and sure enough after holding the lead at the half they went deep to him for a TD and you could feel the change in the stadium. From that point on it was all buckeyes. OSU's offensive line took over in the second half and was the difference in the game.

I continue to marvel at the talent of Jake Locker. He continues to impress week after week. As he matures and plays in more big games his passing will become more consisitent. He "misses" high most of the time which I think is just a matter of being too pumped up. His running abilty and ability to create is incredible to watch. You walk away from the game feeling that this freshman was, without question, the best player on the field. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this kid :wacko:

Another thing that I took from this game was the amount of OSU fans that travelled to the beautiful Pacific Northwest. The Buckeyes were welll represented and other than a couple whack jobs, sitting to my right, the fans were pretty classy. :wacko: Now that we got our easy part of the schedule out of the way with Boise St. and Ohio St. we get to play a "mad" UCLA club, USC, Oregon and an improved Dennis Erickson led Sun Devil team :D

Edited by theprofessor