[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike, Mike and Mike

Rovers

I'm not big on this Mike, Mike, & Mike crew. They're good on the radio, very knowledgeable. However, that doesn't automatically make them professional play-by-play announcers. They're more like three buddies watching the game at a bar and making comments. Ditka annoys me at times. He talks too fast and sometimes cuts off the end of the last word of the sentence he's saying and starts another sentence. ESPN has oodles of professional annoucers they could have used. Where's Mike Patrick? Where's Gary Thorne? Where's Mark Jones? There's a number of college football announcers they could have plugged in that I think would have been better than the Mike's.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not disagree more. Kornhole (who i wanted to kill last year) was not bad and Jaws kept his ass right in line. They worked well together, and Tirico wasn't playing any games with them.

"Focus on the play guys" or something like, INT or turnover or something, he kept them right in line. With the idiot with no femur gone, this new crew walks all over the Mikes, who became VERY irritating by the end of the game.

I think Madden and Michaels should do every game, all the time. Every single one. F everyone else.

I'm not big on this Mike, Mike, & Mike crew. They're good on the radio, very knowledgeable. However, that doesn't automatically make them professional play-by-play announcers. They're more like three buddies watching the game at a bar and making comments. Ditka annoys me at times. He talks too fast and sometimes cuts off the end of the last word of the sentence he's saying and starts another sentence. ESPN has oodles of professional annoucers they could have used. Where's Mike Patrick? Where's Gary Thorne? Where's Mark Jones? There's a number of college football announcers they could have plugged in that I think would have been better than the Mike's.

i was VERY glad this was a one time double header thing, and wont mind them once or twice a year, but more than that, I couldn't handle. They were not east to understand at times, and were other times, downright annoying. Ditka especially.

He just can't put his thoughts into words, or say what the point of the play is like Madden, and unfortunately, you have to compare the two, as it's obvious that Ditka, as a past awesome HC, is trying to fill those shoes. Either by his desire, or ESPN's.

However, I would rather have Ditka asking himself questions, and then answering them-- in the third person --than Thiesmanidiotstupidfuggingbutthole

Golic yes, the others no thanks. Of course, Troy and Joe "I love you Troy" Buck are too gay for me and are the worst. Korny and Jaws are no fun. Is Jaws turning into Theisman and lost all respect for Tony or is Tony just a complete dweeb and has no biz being in the booth, or both? I would like to see Randy Cross or Bob Pappa or anyone else from the Sirius Radio NFL Network.

I agree with those who said Greenberg was hard to hear at times. It was like his mic wasn't turned up enough or something. He just doesn't have an announcer's voice. I usually catch a few minutes of M&M in the morning on the simulcast and generally find them OK. Also, I think Greenberg must have been standing on a box last night, because when they were standing next to each other in the studio last week, Greenberg barely came up to Golic's shoulder.

What a pleasure to listen to these guys vs Kornholer. I love Jaws too.... but Korndeeck drags down the other crew so much, this is so much more listenable. First time in 20 years I enjoyed listening to the booth guys on a Monday night. Maybe 30 years.... I forget.

Ugh, if I had to hear... "these two teams are looking to establish the run early" or "Leinart is much worse passer when out of the pocket" or "neither team has taken a shot down the field"... one more damn time, I was going to put the remote through the screen.

Greenburg and Golic are fine. But Ditka would be terrible. The guy usually can't give a stragiht answer, he changes subjects in mid-sentence, and gives terrible commentary on pre-game shows.

i agree. ditka's not very good. mike and mike were solid though.

and i, for one, really enjoy the current (#1) MNF crew. sooo much better without theismann.

on a side note, listening to randy cross doing color for the broncos/bills game on sunday made me want to start punching myself in the balls just to distract from the pain of having to listen. stupidest analogies and illustrations i can ever remember hearing on a sports cast.

Edited by Azazello1313

and i, for one, really enjoy the current (#1) MNF crew. sooo much better without theismann.

on a side note, listening to randy cross doing color for the broncos/bills game on sunday made me want to start punching myself in the balls just to distract from the pain of having to listen. stupidest analogies and illustrations i can ever remember hearing on a sports cast.

+1 on Randy Cross. I can't stand the guy.

The MNF crew is ok...anything is better than Theismann. I think the Sunday night crew is the best. I may be in the minority but I like Madden.

I thought the #2 crew was ok considering what a turd of a game they had to broadcast. Rough around the edges, and definitely not as much effort by ESPN as with the first game, but I think the 3M team has potential. They just need some reps.

+1 on Randy Cross. I can't stand the guy.

The MNF crew is ok...anything is better than Theismann. I think the Sunday night crew is the best. I may be in the minority but I like Madden.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! Randy Cross is awesome. I'll admit, he's condescending at times, but really knows his stuff, and is as colorful as they come. He truly doesn't care what anyone thinks about him, and has no trouble letting everyone know. I understand what you guys are saying, because he is off the wall, but that's what i truly enjoy about him. I LOVE when he's on Sirius...I'm shocked ANY huddler wouldn't like him.

SNF is the new MNF, and it's all because Madden/Michaels are the best. I am as gay for Madden as he is for Favre, and I'm not ashamed to say it. I'd kiss him right on the lips if I ever met him.

And if you search the past threads, you'd see, I used to HATE HIM, until I opened my mind and accepted the beautiful light that is the Madden voice.

Okay, i'm out of control here. Move along.

I thought the #2 crew was ok considering what a turd of a game they had to broadcast. Rough around the edges, and definitely not as much effort by ESPN as with the first game, but I think the 3M team has potential. They just need some reps.

Thought by the end they sucked as much as the game. I don't think anyone could of made that game enjoyable however. I find Week 4 of the preseason unwatchable (because everyone playing are backups). This game was no better.

Ditka was unbearable. Every correlation went back to the Bears.....and I'm a Bears homer myself.

No way would 3 Mike's fly. (Especially Ditka). I'd rather them stick to what they're great at, the mornings. I only think 1 of the 3 (Greenie) has the ability to make it in play-by-play. I'd prefer Michael Smith in the booth myself to any of them.

Overall, I thought the same thing duirng this game as I did when the 2 Mikes hosted SportsCenter. They really ought to remain in the mornings.

Edited by cory_n_az

Greenburg and Golic are fine. But Ditka would be terrible. The guy usually can't give a stragiht answer, he changes subjects in mid-sentence, and gives terrible commentary on pre-game shows. Ditka would be worse than Theisman.

My thoughts exactly. Get rid of Ditka, insert Jaws, done deal.

Not that Greeny is better than Tirico, but his chemistry with Golic is great.

Why is it necessary to have 3 guys on ESPN but everyone else manages with 2? Michaels and Madden are by far the best pairing. I don't get why ESPN needs three. :D

Side note: Losing the non-football in-game announcing booth interview with whatever nonentity happened to be strolling by is the best thing I've seen this year. :D

Golic yes, the others no thanks. Of course, Troy and Joe "I love you Troy" Buck are too gay for me and are the worst. Korny and Jaws are no fun. Is Jaws turning into Theisman and lost all respect for Tony or is Tony just a complete dweeb and has no biz being in the booth, or both? I would like to see Randy Cross or Bob Pappa or anyone else from the Sirius Radio NFL Network.

This is my husband's point of view, not the real Scooby!!! Though I agree w/ the Kornhole assessment

I agree w/ Rovers and liked Mike to the power of 3

Easy going, laid-back, no non-sense, but they can't beat the Michaels-Sommerall combo

I think that the M³ crew got very weak toward the end of that sorry game. Those radio guys do need some more reps but I'm not interested in being online while they get them. They talked over each other all night and even shut out the refs most times. And that was a game that was so sloppy that the refs were on a lot. The two game Monday night format is overkill. I believe "Jaws " usually has something elightning to say but that Korny guy just can't stand not to put his dribble on every thing the others try to say. His yelling really annoys me. Also, did I get the inferrence wrong or did someone post that Troy Aikman was gay???

Mebbee a homer speak, but I think Ditka is one of the best analyzers of NFL football! He was a player (HoF) and a coach of a SB team.

Can he be abrasive? Of course, it's his style.

He is polarizing to the point that one loves him or hates him. I love him. He has great insight to FB and pulls no punches.

Go ahead and bash me. He is a great asset to MNF!

Just my :D

Mebbee a homer speak, but I think Ditka is one of the best analyzers of NFL football! He was a player (HoF) and a coach of a SB team.

Can he be abrasive? Of course, it's his style.

He is polarizing to the point that one loves him or hates him. I love him. He has great insight to FB and pulls no punches.

Go ahead and bash me. He is a great asset to MNF!

Just my :D

I have no problem with Ditka as a color man, but want play by play men who pay more attention to the game being played than their own banter. At times M&M didn't notice Edge had been out of the game for 10-15 minutes.

Greenburg and Golic are fine. But Ditka would be terrible. The guy usually can't give a stragiht answer, he changes subjects in mid-sentence, and gives terrible commentary on pre-game shows. Ditka would be worse than Theisman.

with some of the things Ditka says....he's going to be the new Madden...

during the game, he said something along the lines of...

"You can't change the way the game is going...unless you change it"...

and then he quickly went on to something else....it was funny..

I still like the three of them over anything I've heard in a long while...

even though I did like the Summerall/Madden combo and Aikman with Moose ain't bad either :D