[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

"Other teams that were particularly impressive were the Saints and the Bills. Don't expect the public to sleep on the Saints this year, but they may on the Bills. While covering the spread in 8 of their 11 games as dogs, they actually lost 7 of them. So careful on ML-ing the Bills, but taking the points may not be too bad an investment in the right situation."

I think the Bills probably will be underrated, but I def. feel that they will get stomped week 3 in New England.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three team, ten point teaser for you guys.

I usually only use these for teams I think will win outright, I use the points to eradicate the points that have to give up...an insurance policy of sorts, if you will:

PIT (PIK)

CIN (+3)

DEN (PK)

2 Units

Last week PIT 34-7 @ CLE, BUF L v DEN 15-14

PIT is 9-0 ATS v BUF the last nine meets. I understand there is a lot of emotion on the BUF side w/regard to their injured TE, but emotion only goes so far. Also, PIT wants to WIN. I'm certain they too feel a certain amount of sorrow, but this ain't a scene from RUDY, these guys are playing to WIN. And PIT will WIN this game. Next week PIT v SF No look ahead, BUF @ NE Possibly looking ahead.

PIT covers easily, superior team...motivation aside. The BUF secondary is also decimated by injury, Webster and Simpson are out.

CIN is 4-1 ATS the last FIVE meets.

This is a Rivalry game, and a short week for Cincy. Still, Ciny is far more talented. Next game for CLE @ OAK, no look ahead, CIN @ SEA, no look ahead.

My apologies to Browns fans, but I don't see how CLE beats CIN this week. Possibly a slight let down for CIN after beating BAL, but I doubt it. It's why I love CIN as part of my three ten teaser, they don't even have to win, they get three points.

DEN 7-1 SU the last 8. OAK has covered the last two, but that's why we're using three tens, isn't it?

Last week OAK L V DET 36-21, DEN W @ BUF 15-14.

OAK next game: CLE no look ahead, DEN V JAX no look ahead.

I think this pick goes beyond explanation. Does anyone truly think that the Raiders will beat Denver, at Denver, after they could not beat the Lions (no offense Lion's fans, your team is clearly much, much better) at home? I highly doubt it. Given the Broncos' penchant to playing poorly on the road, but kicking some BUTT at home, how can we not make this a pick?

Just my .02, but I think this looks pretty good.

Edited by Gdawg

I can't believe I just found this thread this year!

Anyway, I also love Cincy, GB and Pitt. I also like Tennessee. I did a two-team 7-point teaser with Cincy at +1.5 & Tennessee at +13.5.

Good luck!

Last week Lang went 1-0 on his 20 Dime, 2-1 on his 10 Dime, and 2-1 on his 5 Dimers. He played all favorites except 1 5 dime underdog (Buf)

I don't follow the guy to tail, but to fade when he's cold. Right now he's doing OK.

I've got some similar plays to you all today.

My favorites for today: NO

My underdogs today: SF, TEN

Other dog leans: SD, GB

Again, my system is not up and running, so these are non-system plays. I'm liking some dogs today...

Hope everyone had a good day, I went 3-1. CIncy is a joke, plain and simple.

Yeah Goopster, CIN is ajoke. Had to lay heavy money on 2 "9" (Ravens and Broncos} to finish up for :D the night...one unit

Wow, the Ravens had 5 turnovers last week and the Bengals barely beat them.

Incidentaly, that kid Klemens is no joke for NYJ. I exect good things from him. Keep an eye out.

What are people thinking for the Monday night matchup? At first I wanted to bet on the Eagles, but the more I look at it and think about it, I feel as though Washington could keep it close. They have played them well the last couple of times and Lito Sheppard is out. One thing to note: Takeo Spikes will be playing in his first Monday Night game EVER. This is a divisional matchup, those are always close. But that is what I said last week with the Giants and Cowboys. I guess it was close, minus Eli being a puss.

What are people thinking for the Monday night matchup? At first I wanted to bet on the Eagles, but the more I look at it and think about it, I feel as though Washington could keep it close. They have played them well the last couple of times and Lito Sheppard is out. One thing to note: Takeo Spikes will be playing in his first Monday Night game EVER. This is a divisional matchup, those are always close. But that is what I said last week with the Giants and Cowboys. I guess it was close, minus Eli being a puss.

The Redskins should be entering the equivilant of a buzzsaw by going to Philly. That said, I think this game will be close, and I'd hate to lay 7 points. If I was a betting man, I'd stay away from this game personally.

Another winning day myself and for others in here. It looks like we all cashed w/ the Titans, who continue their covering streak.

Don't forget about my chart I posted: http://bp2.blogger.com/_cOrbgqgQDgs/RulkhL...06+ATS+favs.bmp and

http://bp3.blogger.com/_cOrbgqgQDgs/Rulkhb...06+ATS+dogs.bmp

Even though that was from last year, it's still holding true this year. It was on point week 1, and even moreso week 2.

The top 5 favs that didn't cover well last year, and who were favs this week, were Broncos, Jags, Panthers, Lions, Sea and all 5 failed to cover.

The top 5 dogs that covered well last year, and who were dogs this week, were Titans, Bills, Niners, Cards, Falcons, and 4 of the 5 covered.

We'll see how it goes next week. It won't work every week as well as it did this week.

As for tonight, remember - the Skins went 4-9 ATS as dogs last year. Worst in the NFL. As for last year, Philly won both, pushing one, and covering as a 7 point favorite by winning 27-3. In fact, aside from the 2 games Wash won in the 2005 season, Philly has won 8 of 10.

As for some trends, you can find these online, I'll paste them here:

Redskins are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0.

Redskins are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NFC East.

Redskins are 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.

Redskins are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.

Redskins are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games as a road underdog.

Redskins are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.

Redskins are 0-5-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.

Redskins are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. win.

Redskins are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 Monday games.

Eagles are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 Monday games.

Eagles are 4-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.

Eagles are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NFC East.

Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.

Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0.

Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a home favorite.

Eagles are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as a favorite.

As for head 2 head:

Under is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings.

Favorite is 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings.

Home team is 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings.

The board looks to have taken a beating, especially those who parlayed and/or teased wagers this weekend. Menudo picked the right 3 games yet again to tease, but others got taken to the cleaners.

I should have posted my lock here (rather than on the KC/CHI thread...I loved KC +12 this week, after hitting GB/PHL under last week)...2-0 with my locks, good for a very happy swammi!!

FWIW, the Eagles -6.5 is the right play tonight. Philly looked bad last week, the Redskins won...time for the tables to be turned...Reid is a monster on Monday nights, and the Skins as a road dog are brutal.

Eagles 24, Redskins 10.

!!

FWIW, the Eagles -6.5 is the right play tonight. Philly looked bad last week, the Redskins won...time for the tables to be turned...Reid is a monster on Monday nights, and the Skins as a road dog are brutal.

Eagles 24, Redskins 10.

I lthink you might be on the mark here- although I think it is -7 now.

I tried to stay diciplined this week and just concentrate on a few games. Big mistake.

I liked S.F. - didn't bet. I liked Tenn. - didn't bet. I liked Houston - didn't bet.

Put the majority of my action on USC and the Bears. I was pretty happy until about 6pm Sunday as the Bears sleepwalked their way though the 2nd half. Sigh.

FWIW, playing the Eagles -7 tonight. Wash plays Phil tough at home, but the Eagles should cover in their own house.