[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the Crock Pot-Week 2

PantherDave

Well, it's week 2 in the NFL and it's time for this weeks edition of FTCP. We will be doing "chuck roast" this week, and It's very good and very hearty feed.

New England Cheat Roast.....I mean Chuck Roast.

1 beef chuck roast-4 to 5 lbs

2 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper Olive Oil( i use more than this)

4 cups water, divided

2-3 cups carrots, cut into 2" pieces

2-4 stalks of celery cut into 1" pieces

1 med to med-large yellow onion, cut into quaters

4 to 5 small red potatoes, cut into quaters

3 whole bay leaves

2 tablespoons white vinegar

2 tablespoons horseradish

1 head cabbage, cut into 1/4's or 1/8's

4 tablespoons all-purpopse flour

2 tablespoons cornstarch

Step 1- Season roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet over med heat until hot. Sear roast on all sides, turning it as it browns. Transfer to 5 or 6 qt crock pot.***if your CP is smaller, just reduce the size of the roast-say 2-3 lbs for a 4 qt'er***

Step 2- Add 3 cups water, carrots, celery, onions, red taters, bay leaves, vinegar and horseradish. Cover and cook low 5-7 hrs(I go 7) and high 2-4 hrs(only do this if rushed-much better when done on low).

Step 3- One hour before serving, mix flour and cornstarch with 1 cup water, add to stock, place cabbage wedges on top in CP. Cover and cook 1 hour or until stock has thickened and cabbage is tender. Serve roast with sauce and vegtables.

I use a 6 qt'er for this one, but as I said above, I would just downsize my roast and fit as much veggies in as well in a smaller CP, do leave enough room under the lid for you cabbage wedges to be added.

Now for some football...............

I like the Vikings to go into Detroit and get a road win vs the Lions.....I'm calling OT

Vikings 24

Lions 21

2007 Season

Winner 1-0

Nailed 0-1

CBNC 0-1 (close but no cigar)

Good Luck on the Homer Front and FF Wise and Bon Appetite-Peace PD.

Edited by PantherDave

Well, it's week 2 in the NFL and it's time for this weeks edition of FTCP. We will be doing "chuck roast" this week, and It's very good and very hearty feed.

New England Cheat Roast.....I mean Chuck Roast.

1 beef chuck roast-4 to 5 lbs

2 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper Olive Oil( i use more than this)

4 cups water, divided

2-3 cups carrots, cut into 2" pieces

2-4 stalks of celery cut into 1" pieces

1 med to med-large yellow onion, cut into quaters

4 to 5 small red potatoes, cut into quaters

3 whole bay leaves

2 tablespoons white vinegar

2 tablespoons horseradish

1 head cabbage, cut into 1/4's or 1/8's

4 tablespoons all-purpopse flour

2 tablespoons cornstarch

Step 1- Season roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet over med heat until hot. Sear roast on all sides, turning it as it browns. Transfer to 5 or 6 qt crock pot.***if your CP is smaller, just reduce the size of the roast-say 2-3 lbs for a 4 qt'er***

Step 2- Add 3 cups water, carrots, celery, onions, red taters, bay leaves, vinegar and horseradish. Cover and cook low 5-7 hrs(I go 7) and high 2-4 hrs(only do this if rushed-much better when done on low).

Step 3- One hour before serving, mix flour and cornstarch with 1 cup water, add to stock, place cabbage wedges on top in CP. Cover and cook 1 hour or until stock has thickened and cabbage is tender. Serve roast with sauce and vegtables.

I use a 6 qt'er for this one, but as I said above, I would just downsize my roast and fit as much veggies in as well in a smaller CP, do leave enough room under the lid for you cabbage wedges to be added.

Now for some football...............

I like the Vikings to go into Detroit and get a road win vs the Lions.....I'm calling OT

Vikings 24

Lions 21

Good Luck on the Homer Front and FF Wise and Bon Appetite-Peace PD.

Thanks PD-gonna try this one but with a sirloin roast-hubby finds chuck roast too fatty. I like the horsearadish and vinegar twist. May try this when my mother comes to visit-I like to do dishes she doesn't normally cook at home, and since she lives alone, she doesn't make roasts very often and something she made a lot when I was growing up.

Thanks PD-gonna try this one but with a sirloin roast-hubby finds chuck roast too fatty. I like the horsearadish and vinegar twist. May try this when my mother comes to visit-I like to do dishes she doesn't normally cook at home, and since she lives alone, she doesn't make roasts very often and something she made a lot when I was growing up.

This is making my list immediately!