[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can You Believe This?

The Wolf

I am flabbergasted. The tools in my league want to move back to SportsLine from MFL. For a lilttle background, I switched us to MFL this season after 6 years with SportsLine. Maybe it is me (I'm the Commish) and I have not set our league up properly (trying but maybe not succeeding) but after one week?

Their big issue at the moment (of many) is finding free agents...the listing is alphabetical and they want it by points scored, by position. I have to think that there's something I can do to set this right...we should be able to find free agents by points scored.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their big issue at the moment (of many) is finding free agents...the listing is alphabetical and they want it by points scored, by position. I have to think that there's something I can do to set this right...we should be able to find free agents by points scored.

Go to Reports - Player - Top Performers/Players Stats. You can sort by team, free agents, etc. and it also allows you to sort by position.

Go to Reports - Player - Top Performers/Players Stats. You can sort by team, free agents, etc. and it also allows you to sort by position.

Thanks pal...they are looking for carries, yards, receptions...not just points. Is there a way I can customize the report to show this?

Thanks pal...they are looking for carries, yards, receptions...not just points. Is there a way I can customize the report to show this?

coulda sworn that was there...but now that I look in all three of my leagues, I don't see it

Once you get tot the Top Performers page just click on the score itself & it will show you the whole breakdown.

Why don't you give a link to your page & we can give you some tips on setting it up? MSHB uses one of the pre-packaged templates and it has all the links you'd ever want on the front page.

I was offered to play in a local 12 teamer on CBS and I said if you all switched to MFL. "what's MFL" ah nevermind I dont want to play, but thanks for the invite. Seriously MFL blows away all other sites, and if they can't navigate and figure that out then I dont know what to tell them. Some people just hate change.

Edited by Hat Trick

Once you get tot the Top Performers page just click on the score itself & it will show you the whole breakdown.

Why don't you give a link to your page & we can give you some tips on setting it up? MSHB uses one of the pre-packaged templates and it has all the links you'd ever want on the front page.

That's incredibly helpful Rajn...I appreciate the offer:

http://football34.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/54727

When I looked at your league site, I saw that it has dark background with light text. It isn't the easiest on the eyes. Also, from experience, you can't copy and past info like rosters or player points as easily into excel with the reverse lettering like that. You end up with white on white until you change the text to black.

Edited by MikesVikes

When I looked at your league site, I saw that it has dark background with light text. It isn't the easiest on the eyes. Also, from experience, you can't copy and past info like rosters or player points as easily into excel with the reverse lettering like that. You end up with white on white until you change the text to black.

Point well-taken...thanks MV.

Keep them coming all...seriously, it is my first time running a league on MFL and I want these guys to be happy.

That's incredibly helpful Rajn...I appreciate the offer:

http://football34.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/54727

First off your front page is incredibly jumbled. It's probably a bit overwhelming for someone who has never used it. My suggestion would be to switch to a template and see what it looks like and then add pieces as they are needed. Templates can be found by going to Commissioners > Setup > Appearance Setup > Select A Template. From there toy with your Homepage Setup a little to add and subtract things you want/don't want on the homepage. With your group less on the homepage may be better if everything is easily linked in the sidebar. Then if they want something shown on the front page you can always add it back.

See if the dudes like it better if you change the skin of the MFL page.

Go to Commish setup

Left side, choose "Select a Skin"

Try "The Huddle 2006" or there's also "The Huddle 2007" :D

or another one like MFL Classic. You could bribe them with the naked chick skin. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Gah...some of mine do too. Drives me nuts. Why do they go out of their way to hide the bye week info??

I was just thinking that yesterday.

I have 1 mfl, 1 yahoo, and 1 fleaflicker (buddies family league.....younger nephew and friends play....just for fun)

The yahoo league has always done yahoo.

the mfl is my longtime local. They did sportsline for many years and dispite the large league fee they loved the site, all the bells and whistles, articles, polls, grafix, the "guru" :D . We did yahoo last year and I convinced them to do mfl this year. I have a fealing we might go back to sportsline due to people not liking change and learning a new platform. One guy who came back to the league after being away (Iraq) wanted to know where the guru was.......

I'm with ya brother, Good Luck Wolf!!

First off your front page is incredibly jumbled. It's probably a bit overwhelming for someone who has never used it. My suggestion would be to switch to a template and see what it looks like and then add pieces as they are needed. Templates can be found by going to Commissioners > Setup > Appearance Setup > Select A Template. From there toy with your Homepage Setup a little to add and subtract things you want/don't want on the homepage. With your group less on the homepage may be better if everything is easily linked in the sidebar. Then if they want something shown on the front page you can always add it back.

Awesome point. I've toyed around with the skins and it is apparent that I have to go with the "less is more" theory (in both content and color). Thanks Rajn and MV!