[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can You Believe This?

The Wolf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who helped, I appreciate it! Here's the home page as it stands now:

http://football34.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/54727

Those templates really are a godsend...how in the world did I not see that???

At a quick glance, it looks like you are using one of the "retired" templates rather than the updated version. One of the problems with the older, retired versions of the templates is that it had forced width columns on the right which did not always play well with all the modules. Is there a reason you used a retired template instead of the newer one?

Another thing to consider... They added a "tabs" feature this season which allows you to create a tabbed interface on your home page. This can be used to organize modules into logical groups which can be displayed a few at a time, rather than putting everything on the home page at the same time.

At a quick glance, it looks like you are using one of the "retired" templates rather than the updated version. One of the problems with the older, retired versions of the templates is that it had forced width columns on the right which did not always play well with all the modules. Is there a reason you used a retired template instead of the newer one?

No...I never realized the template I used was "retired" and what that meant. There was another template that looked exactly the same as this. probably one of the newer ones? I'll switch and see what happens.

Another thing to consider... They added a "tabs" feature this season which allows you to create a tabbed interface on your home page. This can be used to organize modules into logical groups which can be displayed a few at a time, rather than putting everything on the home page at the same time.

Great call. I will look into that later. The home page is lighter that it was earlier but still a bit cluttered. Thanks!

No...I never realized the template I used was "retired" and what that meant. There was another template that looked exactly the same as this. probably one of the newer ones? I'll switch and see what happens.

Put simply, the original three templates were created by a guy who goes by the name Braven112 on the MFL support boards. They were all derived from a few leagues he runs and were designed for his specific needs. Though they were very good, they also were a bit inflexible when it came to setting up columns. They also were created before MFL added the new tabs features. This was a hugh step in the right direction for MFL, but there were a lot of little annoying issues being reported on the message board. Like BC, I am also one of the top posters over there and have a pretty good grasp of web design stuff, so I rewrote the code for all three templates to make them more "universal". Overall, they are almost identical in appearance, but the new versions eliminate some of the issues people were complaining about.

Put simply, the original three templates were created by a guy who goes by the name Braven112 on the MFL support boards. They were all derived from a few leagues he runs and were designed for his specific needs. Though they were very good, they also were a bit inflexible when it came to setting up columns. They also were created before MFL added the new tabs features. This was a hugh step in the right direction for MFL, but there were a lot of little annoying issues being reported on the message board. Like BC, I am also one of the top posters over there and have a pretty good grasp of web design stuff, so I rewrote the code for all three templates to make them more "universal". Overall, they are almost identical in appearance, but the new versions eliminate some of the issues people were complaining about.

Made the switch.