[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL.com is terrible

number9

so----------is it possible for Huddle.com to provide decent real-time stats to its subscribers?

That is a crazy fee that you have to pay to be able to provide real-time stats. Your best option is the MFL game day option if you have MFL. Some people complained of problems last weekend but I didn't see any problems.

The last couple years, I've always used NFL.com on Sundays. Would open up 8-9 tabs, one for each NFL game. But now with this new format they have, I had troubles once I tried to open up more then 5 tabs. Things started to go real slow. Once I added a 7th tab everything just stopped. Wasn't just me, there were several of us on line Sunday that had the same problems. Finally switched over to Sportsline (once I could get in) and was able to open up 9 tabs and had no problems the rest of the day.

If you look at the top of the front page on NFL.com it shows a row of green game boxes. Those are links to the NFL Gamecenter which has everything they had last year. The only problem was this past week they were very slow to load the stats, but they weren't the only one's that had that problem and it may be due to their stat provider, Elias Sports Bureau, which would also explain why MFL was behind as well.

I'll be paying attention to this in Week 2. I've been using Sportsline for the last couple of weeks now, but I'm not sure if it's just me being resistant to change or if I actually prefer the old format.

As rajn was talking about, I like having ALL the game box-score links across the top of the page. That way, I can go straight from one box score (or "gamecenter") directly to another one without clicking the back button.

And if NFL.com's scoreboard requires more memory for some reason -- and slows stuff down -- then I might just continue with Sportsline. There doesn't seem to be any additional bells & whistles to compensate for any sort of slowing. :D

I'll be the voice of dissent.

I like it. A lot actually.

Yeah, I kinda do too. Some of the formatting leaves a little to be desired, but I'm loving some of the new features...especially the game highlights video link right there in the box score.