[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

National Championship predictions

Bushey

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think taking the over in Kentucky-Louisville might be the ticket this weekend.

No kidding. Unless Louisville find some D this could be the highest scoring game of the year.

West Virginia WILL be in the National Championshpi game, I gar-un-tee it

:D

But unfortunately I have them losing to LSU. :D

Can't wait to see how Florida stacks up against LSU. As much as I'd like to see UF win, I don't think they have the D to stop the lightning quick Tigers.

And that Defense. I just don't see WVU having success running the ball, but if there's a team that can have success running the football, it has to be WVU.

If SC can get through the always tough Pac-10 I see them running the table.

At this point I see them playing LSU in the Title game but Oklahoma, with their schedule, looks like a team that could be in the Title game too. Regardless, the outcome will be the same. The greatest coach in college football, Pete Carroll, with 3 weeks to prepare will beat anyone put in front of him.

SC = 27 LSU = 17

SC = 34 Oklahoma = 23

Edited by theprofessor

If SC can get through the always tough Pac-10 I see them running the table.

At this point I see them playing LSU in the Title game but Oklahoma, with their schedule, looks like a team that could be in the Title game too. Regardless, the outcome will be the same. The greatest coach in college football, Pete Carroll, with 3 weeks to prepare will beat anyone put in front of him.

SC = 27 LSU = 17

SC = 34 Oklahoma = 23

I dont see Booty being able to score 27 on either defense.

OU beats SC 31-17

LSU wont get in that game. FLA will beat them. Which leads another question, can anyone beat FLA but SC or OU. I dont think so. So OU probably gets left out, if SC and FLA goes unbeaten, and this yr, even though I think OU could beat either, it wouldnt be a shock for me to see them left out if this scnerio happens.

I dont see Booty being able to score 27 on either defense.

OU beats SC 31-17

LSU wont get in that game. FLA will beat them. Which leads another question, can anyone beat FLA but SC or OU. I dont think so. So OU probably gets left out, if SC and FLA goes unbeaten, and this yr, even though I think OU could beat either, it wouldnt be a shock for me to see them left out if this scnerio happens.

If LSU or Florida go undefeated that would likely mean they had to beat the other team twice. That's not very likely to happen. What would be a shame would be if Florida and LSU split and neither one of them make it to the National Championship Game. If that were to happen you could possibly have the two best football teams in the nation not represented in the BCS NC game.

Edited by Rockerbraves

If LSU or Florida go undefeated that would likely mean they had to beat the other team twice. That's not very likely to happen. What would be a shame would be if Florida and LSU split and neither one of them make it to the National Championship Game. If that were to happen you could possibly have the two best football teams in the nation not represented in the BCS NC game.

Lets make no mistake about it, LSU is not one of the two best teams in the country.

Rocker, this is exactly my point in the other thread about the merits of a conference championship game. If OU can get whacked in their CC game and still get there (vs. LSU, ironically) a few years ago, it could happen again. That is, if LSU or FLA suffer only one loss in their CC game, the winner could still go.

Likely to face OU, unless SC can really overcome on the road in two really tough roadies vs. CAL and OR. Cuz if NE was to be a strong B12 team, that conference won't give OU much of a fight at all - B10 and B12 seem really down this year. TX will be fun for OU fans, but they just don't seem to be in the same league this time....

We (OU die hards) need to be patient here. A lot of talk about OU in the national championship game and it's extremely, extremely premature. My only concern this season was the QB issue. And while Bradford has looked great, there's going to be a lot of pressure on him as the season rolls along. Can a freshman do it? Absolutely. But experience does help in these situations as much as raw talent. I think the true test for us will be the Texas game. I absolutely think OU has twice the team as Texas. But that's a stressful game and we'll see what Bradford is made of at that time. I think if he can compose himself in that game, by the time the Big 12 championship and National Championship game rolls around he'll be experienced enough to handle it. Only time will tell. I am very optimistic...much more than I thought I would be.

Unlike last year, Florida's strength is not it's defense. While Florida held tenn to very few rushing numbers, the defense also recorded no sacks. Tenn receivers also dropped a few passes. I think Florida has a good defense, but not a great one--yet. Overall, Florida is a very young team. Unlike last year, I will not be surprised to find Florida in the NC game as my confidence in Meyer has grown. However, I would not be surprised for us to lose 1-2 games either, due to our youth and lack of experience. I think Florida becomes a very scary team next year.

OU is the safest pick for the NC game. Show me a loss on their schedule. For Texas to win, they would need OU to turn over the ball 5 times. I just dont see it. That will be the only test on that schedule. They will be in before an undefeated WV team. A one loss SEC or PAC 10 team will get in the other slot. I am not sure why sarge or rocker thinks that LSU is not one of the 2 best teams in the land. Nothing I have seen supports that statement.

Edited by Bushey

Sooners gave up 356 yards passing to Tulsa? If Oklahoma ends up playing USC for the NC it could get ugly again.

Tulsa was the #4 offense in the country before last night, and you put Tulsa's offense with LSU's defense and LSU wins it all no question. Problem is LSU has LSU's offense, and that will net them a loss, probably 2.

It will get ugly again, but this time they way it should. SC doesnt have the talent at QB or at WR, to get it done. Their backs are incredible, but OU will make them 1 dimensional.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Tulsa was the #4 offense in the country before last night, and you put Tulsa's offense with LSU's defense and LSU wins it all no question. Problem is LSU has LSU's offense, and that will net them a loss, probably 2.

It will get ugly again, but this time they way it should. SC doesnt have the talent at QB or at WR, to get it done. Their backs are incredible, but OU will make them 1 dimensional.

Tulsa has played Louisiana-Monroe and BYU. Not exactly tough defensive teams. Can't tell me Oklahoma coaches aren't abit concerned.

Tulsa has played Louisiana-Monroe and BYU. Not exactly tough defensive teams. Can't tell me Oklahoma coaches aren't abit concerned.

concerned about what? Tulsa gave OU fits last yr. They have an explosive O. Regardless, its hard to get up for every game, when you are 4 TD favorite. Covering that 4 TD spread plus 2 more TDs shows how concerned Stoops is.

Lets make no mistake about it, LSU is not one of the two best teams in the country.

:D:D Care to lose another $50 if they play your Sooners. whipped your butts once will do it again.

Edited by SLAYER