[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Siglines -- Why Did You Choose Yours?

The Wolf

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may as well begin.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." This line is from the movie Gladiator. To me, it serves as a reminder to stay true to myself and always do the right and honorable thing...as my actions will follow me around for all eternity.

I lost a sigline bet to a Berlin Thunder fan, they beat my beloved Barcelona Dragons. Now Goethe will haunt me to the end of my days :D

Actually Goethe is one of my favorite writers, being a student of German history. Always thought the quote in my sig line could have been written to describe football.

I lost a sigline bet to a Berlin Thunder fan, they beat my beloved Barcelona Dragons. Now Goethe will haunt me to the end of my days :D

Actually Goethe is one of my favorite writers, being a student of German history. Always thought the quote in my sig line could have been written to describe football.

That is interesting...any works of Goethe in particular that you'd recommend?

Dude.. you're a TKE.... we don't read.... :D j/k

:D

We went to Boston to party with some TKEs up there and one of their officers had a great line:

"We're doing what they should be doing. They're doing what we want to be doing. But remember this: you can always retake a test...you can never relive a party!"

TKE representing !

::secrethandshake::

How many TKE's we got here?

Re: My sigline - dedicated to the Miami Dolphins savior . . . . Nick Saban. :D

FJ! Hey Fellow Frater! Who knew!

I wonder how many of the Cherry and Grey we have on the board.

That is interesting...any works of Goethe in particular that you'd recommend?

My favorite is Faust. There are a couple of pretty good compilations of his works out there too. Gotz von Berlichingen is pretty entertaining, a good bit of action and adventure.

Mine is an ironic look at how troops are largely ignored or even reviled in peacetime but suddenly everyone wants to show how much they love them "when the guns begin to shoot". Kipling said it far better than I.

Kipling is great! Wrote my favorite poem, "If".

#1 is to honor my boy :D

#2 is so I dont have to post about Dallas 5 rings

#3 I need big Johns help to find the thread but I baited Beaumont pretty good into believing I knew the difference bewteen Articles II and III

#1 is to honor my boy :D

#2 is so I dont have to post about Dallas 5 rings

#3 I need big Johns help to find the thread but I baited Beaumont pretty good into believing I knew the difference bewteen Articles II and III

Sorry Whomp. I've never had a dog myself but understand the attachment.

Mine is an ironic look at how troops are largely ignored or even reviled in peacetime but suddenly everyone wants to show how much they love them "when the guns begin to shoot". Kipling said it far better than I.

That's why he is Kipling and we're not! Very well written. Were/are you in the armed forces?

The first sig I ever had was "Your friendly neighborhood Saints fan." A coupe of years later, before the NFL realignment some Rams fan commented on how he thought that Saints fans we're the most arrogant fans around. My response was, "yeah, right...like we really have something to be arrogant about." :oldrolleyes: So from then on my sig has always been & always will be "Your friendly yet arrogant neighborhood Saints fan."

The other part of my sig, you just have to click on the link. Roger was a very good friend of the family who was killed in Iraq. He left behind a young Wife, a Son he'd only seen twice & a newborn Daughter he'd never gotten the chance to meet. :D