[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Siglines -- Why Did You Choose Yours?

The Wolf

The first sig I ever had was "Your friendly neighborhood Saints fan." A coupe of years later, before the NFL realignment some Rams fan commented on how he thought that Saints fans we're the most arrogant fans around. My response was, "yeah, right...like we really have something to be arrogant about." :oldrolleyes: So from then on my sig has always been & always will be "Your friendly yet arrogant neighborhood Saints fan."

The other part of my sig, you just have to click on the link. Roger was a very good friend of the family who was killed in Iraq. He left behind a young Wife, a Son he'd only seen twice & a newborn Daughter he'd never gotten the chance to meet. :D

Cool how that first sig came about...I've never seen you to be arrogant on the boards so thought there was more to it.

As for the second, it is a nice tribute to your friend. My condolences and hope his family is able to move forward. Without ever forgetting, of course.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

We went to Boston to party with some TKEs up there and one of their officers had a great line:

"We're doing what they should be doing. They're doing what we want to be doing. But remember this: you can always retake a test...you can never relive a party!"

I could have sworn that line was in a movie but I'm having trouble Googling it...

Edit: Oh, my sigline is a result of me being a tree-hugging hippy.

Edited by darin3

My current sigline comes from lyrics from a song by Cutthroat Shamrock

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=27088378

The story (and it's kind of long):

I had many highlights on my most recent vacation with the family. We did the mountain hiking, kayaking, tubing, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, fishing, etc.

I meant swampnuts in North Carolina. He was a good guy and we discussed perhaps trying to get a huddle ff league together with other huddlers in NC-Florida. Good fun.

However, my best memory from my vacation happened by accident. Me and the family were outside of Gatlinburg, driving back from tubing/kayaking on a river when we came upon a British pub. I looked at my wife with a smile and she nodded, so we pulled in.

Nice pub with some nice ales. Real British pub food as well. This was on Wednesday, 8/1, two days before my son turned 8. I noticed a placard advertising a band that would be at the pub on my son’s birthday. The name of the band was Cutthroat Shamrock. The barmaid said that they played a music that was kind of Irish rock. She said that they were quite good. I asked the boys if they wanted to come back and see this band and got a resounding yes.

Flash forward to 8/3—we arrive early because I wanted to sit right up front so that the boys could easily see the band. The guys in the band made a visual impression. One guy had dread locks, another had a shaved head. They were dressed in black (one had a Black Flag t-shirt) with the black boots. There were tattoos aplenty and a variety of facial jewelry. Given my work in jails/prisons, these guys look like they would fit right in. They just had that look. A few members of the audience looked about the same. I kind of wondered what kind of band I brought my 8 and 10 yr old to see.

Well, the band plays their first set and it’s surprisingly good music. All original songs, good energy, good fun. After discussion with my wife and kids, we decide to stay for the next set. Midway through the 2nd set, I see my wife taking a pen out of her purse and a napkin. I look at her quizzically and she indicates that my younger son, the birthday boy, wants the autographs of the band members. 2nd set ends and off she goes with Jacob. The band members get really excited by this little kid wanting their autograph. They give him a free cd and spend time talking to him. My wife tried to pay them for the CD but they wouldn’t let her. It was great. A little while later, the bass player comes by and gave my boys free band stickers.

They start the third and final set, and the band starts off by having Jacob stand up and they sing happy birthday to him. He turned all red but he loved it. Near the end of the set, they’re singing a song with repetitive lyrics. By now, Jacob is standing up and kind of moving with the music. He keys in on the lyrics and starts singing along. I see the lead singer look at him and watch the most genuine smile you’ll ever see crawl across his face. I don’t think words can appropriately portray the singer’s happiness. The song ends, he looks right at Jacob and says, “You are awesome!” As he leaves the stage, he said to his girlfriend, “That kid made my whole night!” It was such a trip to see this rough/tough looking guy take such joy in the fact that this little boy was so clearly into his music.

The night ended and the band members made a point of shaking my son’s hand. They were all on a first name basis by now. Since we’ve come home, Jacob has framed their autograph and sticker.

It was a good night.

My current sigline comes from lyrics from a song by Cutthroat Shamrock

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=27088378

The story (and it's kind of long):

I had many highlights on my most recent vacation with the family. We did the mountain hiking, kayaking, tubing, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, fishing, etc.

I meant swampnuts in North Carolina. He was a good guy and we discussed perhaps trying to get a huddle ff league together with other huddlers in NC-Florida. Good fun.

However, my best memory from my vacation happened by accident. Me and the family were outside of Gatlinburg, driving back from tubing/kayaking on a river when we came upon a British pub. I looked at my wife with a smile and she nodded, so we pulled in.

Nice pub with some nice ales. Real British pub food as well. This was on Wednesday, 8/1, two days before my son turned 8. I noticed a placard advertising a band that would be at the pub on my son’s birthday. The name of the band was Cutthroat Shamrock. The barmaid said that they played a music that was kind of Irish rock. She said that they were quite good. I asked the boys if they wanted to come back and see this band and got a resounding yes.

Flash forward to 8/3—we arrive early because I wanted to sit right up front so that the boys could easily see the band. The guys in the band made a visual impression. One guy had dread locks, another had a shaved head. They were dressed in black (one had a Black Flag t-shirt) with the black boots. There were tattoos aplenty and a variety of facial jewelry. Given my work in jails/prisons, these guys look like they would fit right in. They just had that look. A few members of the audience looked about the same. I kind of wondered what kind of band I brought my 8 and 10 yr old to see.

Well, the band plays their first set and it’s surprisingly good music. All original songs, good energy, good fun. After discussion with my wife and kids, we decide to stay for the next set. Midway through the 2nd set, I see my wife taking a pen out of her purse and a napkin. I look at her quizzically and she indicates that my younger son, the birthday boy, wants the autographs of the band members. 2nd set ends and off she goes with Jacob. The band members get really excited by this little kid wanting their autograph. They give him a free cd and spend time talking to him. My wife tried to pay them for the CD but they wouldn’t let her. It was great. A little while later, the bass player comes by and gave my boys free band stickers.

They start the third and final set, and the band starts off by having Jacob stand up and they sing happy birthday to him. He turned all red but he loved it. Near the end of the set, they’re singing a song with repetitive lyrics. By now, Jacob is standing up and kind of moving with the music. He keys in on the lyrics and starts singing along. I see the lead singer look at him and watch the most genuine smile you’ll ever see crawl across his face. I don’t think words can appropriately portray the singer’s happiness. The song ends, he looks right at Jacob and says, “You are awesome!” As he leaves the stage, he said to his girlfriend, “That kid made my whole night!” It was such a trip to see this rough/tough looking guy take such joy in the fact that this little boy was so clearly into his music.

The night ended and the band members made a point of shaking my son’s hand. They were all on a first name basis by now. Since we’ve come home, Jacob has framed their autograph and sticker.

It was a good night.

Now THAT is a good story!!! Heartwarming. :D

Mine is pretty much self explanatory.

After sharing a good rivalry last year with peepincumhole (as he likes to be called), beating him in a couple of leagues throughout the year, knocking him out of the playoffs, winning a league championship, and some crow eating on his part in regards to the superbowl- he made a mistake and posted what you now see in my sigline. For good reading

Recently he was getting excited thinking that with the new season I'd change my sigline (b/c he said "for this year anyway" in his post) and suggested I change it. I agreed a change was in order, so I upped the font size :D

After sharing a good rivalry last year with peepincumhole (as he likes to be called), beating him in a couple of leagues throughout the year, knocking him out of the playoffs, winning a league championship, and some crow eating on his part in regards to the superbowl- he made a mistake and posted what you now see in my sigline. For good reading

Recently he was getting excited thinking that with the new season I'd change my sigline (b/c he said "for this year anyway" in his post) and suggested I change it. I agreed a change was in order, so I upped the font size :D

No doubt, this is one of my faves (sorry Peeps!)! I'd never change this sig line.

This was SO last year!!!

:D

No doubt, this is one of my faves (sorry Peeps!)! I'd never change this sig line.

Dont feed the animals!!

Lets not forget moon pie boy, that saying was geared towards you getting the best of me in more than one league. That is all. I guess thats actually a lot though huh... Damnit... :D