[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers update

Randall

September 13, 2007, 16:42

Packers :: RB, WR, OL

Packers Injury Update; WR Jennings Has Setback

Tom Pelissero, Green Bay Press Gazette -

Green Bay Packers RB Vernand Morency today tried and failed to get through a full practice for the second consecutive week. He missed the entire preseason and last week's opener with a strained right knee. "It flared up on him (today)," HC Mike McCarthy said. WR Greg Jennings also is "a little sore today," McCarthy said. His status for Sunday's game against the New York Giants is uncertain. Jennings missed last week's game because of a hamstring injury. Also, RG Jason Spitz returned to practice today after battling a calf strain. His status for Sunday is also uncertain.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are looking up this week for the Pack regardless of the availability of Jennings/Morency.

Likely to be no Eli, no Jacobs and a Downy soft Giants defense.

Eli still might play. He had a light practice yesterday. In what capacity, I dunno. But, he's a step up on Lorenzen even with the gimpy wing.

Eli still might play. He had a light practice yesterday. In what capacity, I dunno. But, he's a step up on Lorenzen even with the gimpy wing.

Eli with a broken leg and wing > Lorenzen. You're correct, Eli's got a shot. I don't expect him to play myself.

Tubby will get creamed vs. that Packers defense. Just picked up the Pack defense for this weekend. If Lorenzen is back there, I'm expecting at least 5 sacks.

Given that he threw a bullet to Plax in the endzone on that "gimpy wing", I don't think he's hurt that badly at all. But they would be wise to hold him out for this week, especially since it's obvious that they're not going to contend this year.

Eli with a broken leg and wing > Lorenzen. You're correct, Eli's got a shot. I don't expect him to play myself.

Tubby will get creamed vs. that Packers defense. Just picked up the Pack defense for this weekend. If Lorenzen is back there, I'm expecting at least 5 sacks.

He's actually more mobile than you'd think. But, yeah...Pack should eat him up if he plays.

Of course, no one has any film on him. That doesn't help.

He's actually more mobile than you'd think. But, yeah...Pack should eat him up if he plays.

Of course, no one has any film on him. That doesn't help.

To eat him up, they probably ought to give a call to Gilbert Brown and get him out of retirement by Sunday. Review a Pillsbury commercial and that should be sufficient.

The Pack defense is perhaps the most underrated in the league. IMO They're closing in on the Top 5. I saw David Dodds (Footballguys) had Lorenzen ranked #13 this week in his QB rankings. (shocked to say the least)

He was throwing on the sidelines today but not in practice. If Coughlin plays him and he hurts the shoulder further he should be fired on the spot.

He was throwing on the sidelines today but not in practice. If Coughlin plays him and he hurts the shoulder further he should be fired on the spot.

James Andrews seconded the previous opinion the Giants got with a 4 week period for rest...

If they skip this, the Coughlin and a lot more will be fired.

James Andrews seconded the previous opinion the Giants got with a 4 week period for rest...

If they skip this, the Coughlin and a lot more will be fired.

Where do you get your information ???????? And please check it before you post such rubbish..... Andrews said that he can play as long as he can tolerate the pain....its not going to get any worse by playing !!!!!!!!!!!

Where do you get your information ???????? And please check it before you post such rubbish..... Andrews said that he can play as long as he can tolerate the pain....its not going to get any worse by playing !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, without a link, how do we know what you posted isn't rubbish? Maybe you should both post a link...?

ESPN radio and The Cowboys flagship station, 1310 the Ticket.

Not really rubbish than is it?

And really, are the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ????????????? really needed?

Edited by piratesownninjas

Where did you get that information? Are you saying getting slammed to the ground again won't result in a worse shoulder separation?

While the Giants continue to say Manning is "day-to-day," a source who has spoken with Manning and is familiar with the team doctors' diagnosis told the Daily News that Manning was initially told by Dr. Russell Warren, the team physician, that his recovery time would be 3-4 weeks. The source said Dr. Warren diagnosed a second-degree sprain of his right shoulder and that Dr. James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who reviewed the MRI in Birmingham, Ala., agreed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...nings_prog.html

Edited by Randall

Where did you get that information? Are you saying getting slammed to the ground again won't result in a worse shoulder separation?

While the Giants continue to say Manning is "day-to-day," a source who has spoken with Manning and is familiar with the team doctors' diagnosis told the Daily News that Manning was initially told by Dr. Russell Warren, the team physician, that his recovery time would be 3-4 weeks. The source said Dr. Warren diagnosed a second-degree sprain of his right shoulder and that Dr. James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who reviewed the MRI in Birmingham, Ala., agreed.

Thank you. I guess it wasn't rubbish after all...

And am I the only one thats getting tired of Jennings and Morencey for being Rosie O'Donnell?

I thought Greg Jennings was going to be the guy who could step up and be the man when Driver hangs em up, but this guy is the WR version of Mr. Glass...

And Morencey... Oh God...

:D

Now the James Jones pick doesn't bother me.

And am I the only one thats getting tired of Jennings and Morencey for being Rosie O'Donnell?

I thought Greg Jennings was going to be the guy who could step up and be the man when Driver hangs em up, but this guy is the WR version of Mr. Glass...

And Morencey... Oh God...

:D

Now the James Jones pick doesn't bother me.

As a Brandon Jackson owner, all I can say is "Step up kid and get the job done!!!"

While the Giants continue to say Manning is "day-to-day," a source [/b]who has spoken with Manning and is familiar with the team doctors' diagnosis told the Daily News that Manning was initially told by Dr. Russell Warren, the team physician, that his recovery time would be 3-4 weeks. The source said Dr. Warren diagnosed a second-degree sprain of his right shoulder and that Dr. James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who reviewed the MRI in Birmingham, Ala., agreed.

Maybe this supposed source is Tiki Barber .......

and to piratesownninjas if you are going to private message me and call me a prick for question something you posted please have the balls to post it so everyone can see what a TOOL you really are !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes those were needed) :D

While the Giants continue to say Manning is "day-to-day," a source [/b]who has spoken with Manning and is familiar with the team doctors' diagnosis told the Daily News that Manning was initially told by Dr. Russell Warren, the team physician, that his recovery time would be 3-4 weeks. The source said Dr. Warren diagnosed a second-degree sprain of his right shoulder and that Dr. James Andrews, the orthopedic surgeon who reviewed the MRI in Birmingham, Ala., agreed.

Maybe this supposed source is Tiki Barber .......

and to piratesownninjas if you are going to private message me and call me a prick for question something you posted please have the balls to post it so everyone can see what a TOOL you really are !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes those were needed) :D

No, I titled the message "prick" but thats because you're one of the guys leading the way as Mr. Sensitive on the boards. You're lurking on the boards waiting for someone to post something without a link and quick to call it rubbish. Either way, my post was legit, as your calling me out wasn't... Wait, let me rewrite the last sentence so you can handle it...

Either way, my post was legit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as your calling me out wasn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Maybe if you read an updated version of the daily news.....please not your link is from 4 am this morning and the one I am posting is from 7:10 pm..... so before we start misinforming other huddlers and post old news.....please check and see if the story has changed especially if it is from the same newspaper....

Here is the updated story from 7:10 pm today

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football..._this_week.html

A second opinion on Eli Manning's injured right shoulder was the same as the first opinion: It's a sprained A-C joint and if he can tolerate the pain, he can play.

The Giants sent Manning's MRI to Dr. James Andrews - a noted orthopedic surgeon who operates out of Birmingham, Alabama - and he informed them today that he agreed with their initial diagnosis. He saw no structural damage in Manning's shoulder, and saw no reason to think he could damage it by playing this week.

So now it's up to Manning. If the pain in his shoulder decreases, or if he can tolerate it, he can play against the Green Bay Packers in the Giants' home opener. If not, he'll sit out and Jared Lorenzen will get the call.

The Giants are also convinced that even if Manning can't play this week, that he will definitely be ready to go in two weeks when they play the Redskins in Washington on Sept. 23.

Notice the bold print....they are direct quotes from Dr. Andrews..... So to answer your question.....NO !!!!! He cant damage it anymore from playing this week.... Do you want to question Dr. Andrews direct quote ????