[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones playing this week? DMD what up?

Big Dogs

From daily Huddle emails............

Kevin Jones - RB, Detroit Lions

Barring any problems during the remainder of the week, the Detroit Lions appear to be ready to activate RB Kevin Jones for their Week 2 contest against the Minnesota Vikings.

HUDDLE UP: Fantasy owners that took a chance on Jones with a late draft pick may get a payoff on that flyer sooner rather than later. Jones will likely be limited in action this week against the Vikings if he plays but it is clear he is very close to returning to his role as starter for the Detroit Lions.

DMD: What up??? Kevin Jones is playing, but yet, there are no projections for him. Only for "T-aco" Bell????

:D

Is it realistic to think Jones will really play and if so, how many touches???? :D

Edited by Big Dogs

From daily Huddle emails............

DMD: What up??? Kevin Jones is playing, but yet, there are no projections for him. Only for "T-aco" Bell????

:D

Is it realistic to think Jones will really play and if so, how many touches???? :D

Other sites say next week for sure.. Than comes the questiion of how they divvy up the carries in that pass happy offense

Jones (foot) reportedly looked good in his second hard workout of the week on Thursday, MLive.com reports. That said, it seems likely that the Lions will sit Jones until next week, and ease him back into the mix then.

Spin: We'll see what the buzz is after Friday's practice, but regardless of what happens this week, it looks like those who rolled the dice on Jones may be getting their return soon enough.

RotoWire | Fri, September 14

You'll want to wait a couple weeks after he returns. He's not immediately going to be carrying the ball 15-20*/game. Bell will have a role for at least the first few weeks of Jones's return, if not the duration of the season. Jones injury wasn't minor, so it makes little sense to have him carry the load when they have a capable RB like Bell in the fold too.

Jones should have decent value in PPR leagues by the midway point of the season.

And another update:

Kevin Jones-RB-Lions Sep. 14 - 2:07 pm et

Lions coach Rod Marinelli says he's "99 percent sure" Kevin Jones (foot) will be inactive in Week 2.

Marinelli indicated that Jones must to be cleared by doctors, but won't rule out Jones playing in Week 3 against Philadelphia. "That’s a brutal injury," Marinelli said. "The next step is the pressure of going to the ground."

Source: Detroit Free Press

Until it looks very positive for him to return to any amount of significant action, I would not project for him. I realize there are only a limited number of weeks per season that I can project for him, but I need to wait until the light is very green.

Kevin Jones expected to play next week vs. Philly

Posted by Tom Kowalski September 14, 2007 07:46AM

According to multiple sources, running back Kevin Jones has looked "awesome'' the last two days of practice and is expected to play next week against Philadelphia.

The coaching staff is waiting to see if Jones has any problems today with soreness or swelling after the two hard days of practice -- but none is expected. Jones, according to the sources, has been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Vikings because the Lions want to be cautious and not push the issue too quickly.

Jones' recovery from Lisfranc surgery on his left foot has been nothing short of remarkable. Throughout the entire process, his rehab has been off the charts and he never once suffered a setback of any kind. Recovery from Lisfranc surgery is generally expected to be a full year, but Jones could be on the field a little more than nine months after surgery.

If Jones plays against Philly, he's only expected to take part in about a dozen plays because they want to bring him back slowly. That's the plan, but that number could rise because the major factor will be Jones' stamina and if he feels fresh and strong, he could see even more playing time.

Seeing this further strengthens my thoughts that the Lions are going to surprise a lot of people this year...

Kevin Jones was very good last year before the injury... As good as his hype coming out of Va Tech...

Now that the spread out wide open offense appears to be in full swing, there is no telling what KJ can do.

As a Packers homer, I'm nervous.

As a Kevin Jones owner, I'm happy...

Seeing this further strengthens my thoughts that the Lions are going to surprise a lot of people this year...

Kevin Jones was very good last year before the injury... As good as his hype coming out of Va Tech...

Now that the spread out wide open offense appears to be in full swing, there is no telling what KJ can do.

As a Packers homer, I'm nervous.

As a Kevin Jones owner, I'm happy...

I'd be happier if they gave him a few more games of inactivity...no need to rush him and if the O continues to look good, I bet they will keep him inactive.

I'd be happier if they gave him a few more games of inactivity...no need to rush him and if the O continues to look good, I bet they will keep him inactive.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dressed him and let him get 6-10 plays THIS week. He's practicing strong but the worry here is muscle pulls and other stuff from favoring the foot. I think they would like him to get his feet wet this week and be ready for half the load in Philly....which is close to his home town.

From a coaches persepective, just get ready by the bye weeks. I was surprised at how many leagues I was able to get him around the 10th round and later. Like what was mentioned earlier, he was having a top-10 year last season before the injury and even if he was put on the PUP, that's still only week 7.

I think all of us KJ owners will be rooting hard for the Viking defense this week....

a Tatum Bell line of 15 carries for 30-35 yards would go a long way toward cementing KJ the job once he returns.

Amen to that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would make my weekend after the Yanks came back against the Sox tonite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Kowalski of MLive.com reports that RB Kevin Jones (foot) is expected to return in Week 3 against the Eagles.

Jones is said to have looked "awesome" in practice this week, but has been ruled out for Week 2 against the Vikings. According to Kowalski, "If Jones plays against Philly, he's only expected to take part in about a dozen plays because they want to bring him back slowly. Sep. 14 - 9:31 am et

Sounds good to me !!!

I would say we are still about 3 weeks from being able to use Kevin Jones fantasywise. but glad to hear it as I grabbed Jones in a number of leagues in the middle to late rounds.

Everyone needs to keep their hopes down until the 2nd half IMO. he has always been a injury proned player without coming back from this injury. so I don't expect 20 carries a game from him for quite a while yet.

I think all of us KJ owners will be rooting hard for the Viking defense this week....

a Tatum Bell line of 15 carries for 30-35 yards would go a long way toward cementing KJ the job once he returns.

KJ's a much better player than Tatum. I don't think you need Tatum to play badly to go back to his 3rd down back role.