[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli's starting now

quincyxg

Nobody knows at this point.

Eli Manning-QB-Giants Sep. 14 - 7:23 pm et

Despite reporting earlier Friday that Eli Manning would start on Sunday, NFL Network's Adam Schefter now reports he will be a game-time decision.

ESPN's John Clayton reported today that he didn't think Eli would play. If you own Manning, plan on not having him and check back around game time on Sunday to find out his status.

Source: nfl.com

I have a suspicion....that yes Eli was hurt on Sunday night.....but the Giants themselves released the info that he would be out for a month......doing this because publicly Tiki Barber laughed at his leadership skills....and the organization leaked that report in order to have his teammates be impressed by his toughness in playing sunday.... Yes it sounds highschoolish.....but I dont put it past Coughlin

Man, the Giants have some terrible reporters covering them. A few days ago Manning and Osi were expected to be out for a while and now they may both play.

Maybe those guys were videotaping for the Pats, too?

Brother, can you spare a dime? :D

A Manning metamorphosis

Posted by Mike Garafolo September 14, 2007 2:34PM

Categories: Regular Season

Before this season began, he was the biggest disappointment in the Manning family.

By Sunday afternoon, he'll be a legend.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but I'm doing so to make a point: There's a change happening right before your eyes and I want to make sure you're not missing it. Eli Manning is currently transforming in the public's eye from one of the most questionable No. 1 picks/players-traded-for in history to the quarterback who is well deserving of his birthright.

Think about it:

• It started with an impressive training camp and preseason. One that suggested he's growing up and is benefiting from a QB coach and offensive coordinator who understand him. Suddenly, it became more than just a possibility that John Hufnagel's schemes and relationship with Manning might have been big problems.

• It continued with an interception-less preseason. And frankly, he still hasn't made a big mistake with the ball because his INT against Dallas only occurred because WR Plaxico Burress fell down.

• Don't forget his standing up for himself when Tiki Barber criticized him. That was a HUGE moment for him and his teammates, who gained big-time respect for him in the process.

• Sunday's game showed that this offense will go as far as he takes them. And the way he came back to throw a touchdown on an incredible pass with almost no window over S Roy Williams was the stuff of legends.

And honestly, I think it continues on Sunday. I am now convinced Manning is going to play. And from the accounts of his practice today when he split time with Jared Lorenzen, it sounds like he threw the ball very well.

When he comes trotting out of the tunnel on Sunday, listen to the crowd's reaction. And watch what happens afterward because this could me another mini-chapter in the Making of a Manning.

UPDATE at 4:23 p.m. Manning is listed as questionable for Sunday. Here's a surprise, though: DE Osi Umenyiora is listed as probable.

CB Kevin Dockery (ankle) is doubtful. K Lawrence Tynes (calf strain), LB/LS Zak DeOssie (back) and LB Gerris Wilkinson (knee) are questionable. RB Brandon Jacobs (knee) and WR David Tyree (wrist) are out.

DeOssie's absence means Grey Ruegamer will have to snap for punts.

MG

Link

This comming from one of the biggest Eli bashers among Giants beat writers...but take it for what its worth, I'll be starting Eli this week

Edited by Robash

Link

This comming from one of the biggest Eli bashers among Giants beat writers...but take it for what its worth, I'll be starting Eli this week

Interesting. He does seem tough. I think I'll sit him this week hoping he comes through the game healthy.