[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats vs Bolts

PantherDave

I do beleive the game could go either way in Foxboro, however, this past weeks events, has had to have some effect on the game planning for the Patriots. Now, throw in the fact I beleive the entire Pats team will be "pressing" due to current thoughts on their much ballyhooed success. Couple those two things together and I could see a Pats loss at home on Sunday night, or the could just get beat by a very good football team. I truly beleive outside of W-L record that the Pat's need to win this game for other reasons, for if the Chargers come in and beat them at home in PT.....well the flames of doubt will begin to burn even hotter. Also, if for just bad breaks etc.. the Bolts roll them again at home....oboy.

I do beleive the game could go either way in Foxboro, however, this past weeks events, has had to have some effect on the game planning for the Patriots. Now, throw in the fact I beleive the entire Pats team will be "pressing" due to current thoughts on their much ballyhooed success. Couple those two things together and I could see a Pats loss at home on Sunday night, or the could just get beat by a very good football team. I truly beleive outside of W-L record that the Pat's need to win this game for other reasons, for if the Chargers come in and beat them at home in PT.....well the flames of doubt will begin to burn even hotter. Also, if for just bad breaks etc.. the Bolts roll them again at home....oboy.

They need to win this game to quiet some people...Even if they barely lose in a well played game it is going to reopen the flood gate

They need to win this game to quiet some people...Even if they barely lose in a well played game it is going to reopen the flood gate

I agree, and this is not a "bash the Pats" thread, as I think they really need to win the game, and vs the Bolts....not an easy task.

Let it go. Its not going to effect their game planning. Your beloved panthers have tried to steal signals as well. The majority of the teams have or do try. You sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend.

The only people that think the Patriots got where they were off of stealing signals are either jealous or dim witted.

And before this whole "Camera-Gate" deal If the Pats lost to the Bolts everyone would have just said a good team beat a good team. For the next couple of weeks at least every lose they get is going to get scruntinized ( I hoped I spelt that right :D )

Edited by SMF

Let it go. Its not going to effect their game planning. Your beloved panthers have tried to steal signals as well. The majority of the teams have or do try. You sound like a bitter ex-girlfriend.

The only people that think the Patriots got where they were off of stealing signals are either jealous or dim witted.

Your way off base....thread has nothing to do with the Panthers :D , it's all about the game Sunday night-nothing more. If, for some reason you see something else planted in the thread....well, the paranoia has set in for you. I "sound" jeesh, you are the one who has soley, on his lonesome taken the thread to that level-you alone. This post is about if they lose the game...and the perception if they do-nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by PantherDave

I know I am a Pats homer so takes this for what it is worth

I do like the Pats chances this weekend for a few reasons

-The pats have always done really well with not letting outside distractions affect them.

-They are at home

-They have something to prove, and can not wait for football to put this behind them ( I am talking about players here)

-The Bolts(LT) have provided bulletin board material and the Pats have always responded to that

I know I am a Pats homer so takes this for what it is worth

I do like the Pats chances this weekend for a few reasons

-The pats have always done really well with not letting outside distractions affect them.

-They are at home

-They have something to prove, and can not wait for football to put this behind them ( I am talking about players here)

-The Bolts(LT) have provided bulletin board material and the Pats have always responded to that

I agree with all that-Hence my opening statement......"could go either way" and I do expect a grid-iron war Sunday Night.

Edited by PantherDave

I agree with all that-Hence my opening statement......"could go either way" and I do expect a gridiorn war Sunday Night.

It is going to be a hell of a game and by far the best game of the weekend. Think the NFL knew what it was doing when they put the Pats in primetime in week 2 :D

(should not have to be said, but I have a feeling it does...J/K)

It is going to be a hell of a game and by far the best game of the weekend. Think the NFL knew what it was doing when they put the Pats in primetime in week 2 :D

(should not have to be said, but I have a feeling it does...J/K)

It's the marquee match-up this weekend, of that, there is no doubt.

If the Pats lose it will be a combination of three things.

1. Could not stop the pass rush

2. Mised too many easy tackles on LT

3. Lost the turnover battle

They will be prepared but big plays in football are decided when preperation meets opportunity aka luck. These are two of the top three teams in the league. Whoever wins should not come as a shock.

That said, I predict Pats 274 Chargers 6.

Edited by Sleeping King

And before this whole "Camera-Gate" deal If the Pats lost to the Bolts everyone would have just said a good team beat a good team. For the next couple of weeks at least every lose they get is going to get scruntinized ( I hoped I spelt that right :D )

:D Not sure if that was intended or not, but it is pretty damn funny.

I think the Pats will take care of buisiness and roll the Bolts. Tom Brady's just a tad bit better than Rex Grossman in my book, and they will give the Chargers' D fits.

has had to have some effect on the game planning for the Patriots.

well, the paranoia has set in for you. I "sound" jeesh, you are the one who has soley, on his lonesome taken the thread to that level-you alone. This post is about if they lose the game...and the perception if they do-nothing more, nothing less.

:D

And was I called a Patriots homer in this thread?

:D

And was I called a Patriots homer in this thread?

How, is an obvious distraction like that not effective? IMHO the players have thought about it this week, and I believe in the context of the upcoming game, it could have some effect. This is soley about the game Sunday night, so give your thoughts on it or keep trying to start a flame war-your choice. I'll decline the FW and I'll talk about the game. Ihave an opinion related to the game about this past weeks events, and I feel it could have an effect-pure and simple.

How, is an obvious distraction like that not effective? IMHO the players have thought about it this week, and I believe in the context of the upcoming game, it could have some effect. This is soley about the game Sunday night, so give your thoughts on it or keep trying to start a flame war-your choice. I'll decline the FW and I'll talk about the game. Ihave an opinion related to the game about this past weeks events, and I feel it could have an effect-pure and simple.

I understand where you are coming from PD.

By looking at the Patriots recent playoff track record they tend to play pretty good under pressure so it may be a bad thing for the Chargers.

It definately has added some interest to the game if there was not already enough.

If nothing else this will stir the pot of interest into this game. If the Pats don't win this game with a decent bit of control there will be even more speculation about all this signal stealing come next week. That is for sure.

Yeah because the Pats would win 10 out of 10 games played right? :D All that statement does is discredit the Chargers. The Chargers are a great team. Would it shock me if they beat the Pats. Absolutely not. Do I expect them to beat the Pats. No.

Yeah because the Pats would win 10 out of 10 games played right? :D All that statement does is discredit the Chargers. The Chargers are a great team. Would it shock me if they beat the Pats. Absolutely not. Do I expect them to beat the Pats. No.

Ummmm...no not at all. That is not what I said. What I said is actually pretty simple. It is going to be perception to the masses no matter what you think about the Chargers.

I personally think that the Pats should win this game only becuase of home field. If it was in SD I would be leaning the other way. So to me this game is almost a pickem.

Perfect set up for the PATS:

If they win.....it will be because they are at home and should win a close one.

If they loose....they blame it on the distraction and claim it is only one game and will move on from there.

Not good for Bolts:

If they win.....there will still be doubt because of the distractions

If they loose....they will wounder why they could not beat a team that is in turmoil with the press

Either way I would not bet on this game!

For me (a Chiefs fan)....hope the PATS kill em.

Ummmm...no not at all. That is not what I said. What I said is actually pretty simple. It is going to be perception to the masses no matter what you think about the Chargers.

I personally think that the Pats should win this game only becuase of home field. If it was in SD I would be leaning the other way. So to me this game is almost a pickem.

That's what I've been trying to get across with this entire thread, and the mental effect of dealing with this circus all week.