[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Notre Dame Loses 38-0

Donutrun Jellies

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the rebuilding year Weis said wasn't going to happen. The thing is, everyone who follows the team knew it would be just this.

Surprised they haven't scored? They lost EVERYBODY on offense: QB, RB, 2WRs and 3 OL.

They'll be lucky to go 4-8, but they need the experience.

After which year did Willingham get run out of town? 3rd year? Hmmmm.

The offensive line, while first year starters, are some of the most unprepared lines I've ever seen. Mark May was pointing it out at half time how they don't even seem to know the basics of blocking. That's coaching.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

And think, we get to see ND play every week on national TV...

God, I may have to poke my own eyes out.... :D

Actually, I have no problem watching them every week...

Although, it might have something to do with me dispising Notre Dame and getting to watch their dismantling over and over...

What a lovely thing!! I'd be surprised if the win a game this year. Thank you NBC! You gotta love having a potential 0-12 team on your channel every week!

After which year did Willingham get run out of town? 3rd year? Hmmmm.

The offensive line, while first year starters, are some of the most unprepared lines I've ever seen. Mark May was pointing it out at half time how they don't even seem to know the basics of blocking. That's coaching.

Oh I agree completely, and am at a loss as to why they are providing so little protection. There's no doubt they're a bigger mess than they should be.

And it's a BIG mess.

AD cites lack of on-field progress

ESPN.com news services -- December 1, 2004, 2:20 PM ET

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Coach Tyrone Willingham was fired by Notre Dame on Tuesday after three seasons in which he failed to return one of the nation's most storied football programs to prominence. Willingham went 21-15, including 6-5 this season. The Fighting Irish lost 41-10 to No. 1 Southern California on Saturday.

"We simply have not made the progress on the field that we need to make," athletic director Kevin White said in a news conference. "Nor have we been able to create the positive momentum necessary in our efforts to return the Notre Dame program to the elite level of the college football world."

Wow. That's a blast from the past. Wonder what song the AD is singing today?

If Willingham got the boot for being 21-15 ... Weis is now, what, 19-9 -- and hasn't been able to coax an offensive touchdown in three games? One gets fired, the other gets a 10 year contract? Fascinating. But you know, I'm one of those that wishes coaches who go 21-15 or 19-9 didn't have to EVER think of getting fired if their kids were graduating and were better human beings for having played for the coach. So here's hoping ND realizes the error of its ways with Willingham and does indeed hold onto Charlie.

Wow. That's a blast from the past. Wonder what song the AD is singing today?

If Willingham got the boot for being 21-15 ... Weis is now, what, 19-9 -- and hasn't been able to coax an offensive touchdown in three games? One gets fired, the other gets a 10 year contract? Fascinating. But you know, I'm one of those that wishes coaches who go 21-15 or 19-9 didn't have to EVER think of getting fired if their kids were graduating and were better human beings for having played for the coach. So here's hoping ND realizes the error of its ways with Willingham and does indeed hold onto Charlie.

Charles has a pretty decent recruiting class in the works. It's early but Rivals ranks Notre Dame #1. Got to wonder if any will decide to go elsewhere if things continue to slide at Notre Dame.

The interesting question for me is just how much of an ineffective communicator Weis is with his players. You have your team's game 1 starter flat out quit, and I'm assuming it had to be because he was not giving the kid any chance to compete.

I too have had a lifelong hatred for Notre Dame, but I'd rather see them compete and lose rather than just get plastered. I see another big loss next week.

He may have great recruits coming in, but he can't seem to coach the fundamentals. Weis was annointed the savior of ND, but they will NEVER play in another NC game. How can they with that schedule? The schedule is tradition, but a very poor one. Get into a conference and pretend for a minute that you are an average to bad DIV 1 football team. If you act now, you may get in the Big East.

Edited by Bushey

He may have great recruits coming in, but he can't seem to coach the fundamentals. Weis was annointed the savior of ND, but they will NEVER play in another NC game. How can they with that schedule? The schedule is tradition, but a very poor one. Get into a conference and pretend for a minute that you are an average to bad DIV 1 football team. If you act now, you may get in the Big East.

And have to share the tv deal with teams like *gasp* south Florida? Never will happen. As long as NBC still shows there home games, they aren't going anywhere. They have it made. While there schedule looks hard on paper, a lot of times like the last couple years, it's been a joke. They were able to roll through it despite having a below average defense, and as long as they are in the top 10 or 12 or whatever it is, they are in the BCS. Where they get the massive pay off and have to share it with absolutely NOBODY! That said, if NBC decides to pull the plug, the Irish will be grobeling at the Big Tens feet to join. But until then, aint gonna happen.

Does LSU have anything to do with this thread?

Well, no he has a point in that other programs graduate starters and don't fall to...119th in offensive rankings. What the haters forget is that Ty phoned in his last 2 years of recruiting, and this is the result: a Sr class that contians 9 actual recruits, with the remaining number fleshed out through walkons and non-scholarship players. That's a large reason of why he was fired in the first place. There's no leadership in place on this team, because with the exception of the Jr class, it's bascaclly a team of freshmen and sophomores with a handful of 5th year Srs like zibikowski and their center. That's it.