[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ELi is Starting!

cre8tiff

I'm not sold on a good performance from Eli. GBay is very tough on D. I think the G-Men are making a hugh mistake. Perhaps they already have a desparate feeling concerning this season. In the one league I do own Eli, I'm startin Sexy Rexy. At least he has a good matchup.

Just wanted to post what I was just told. Manning is starting, but he appeared to be in a bit of discomfort on the sideline after throwing. So his shoulder is still bothering him. If you have a reliable backup, I would recommend that you use him. Manning is a risk and as many of you have already posted, he could aggravate the injury and leave at anytime. It's a roll of the dice.

Just wanted to post what I was just told. Manning is starting, but he appeared to be in a bit of discomfort on the sideline after throwing. So his shoulder is still bothering him. If you have a reliable backup, I would recommend that you use him. Manning is a risk and as many of you have already posted, he could aggravate the injury and leave at anytime. It's a roll of the dice.

Question is, is Campbell a reliable backup? :D

Well, lets see what this kid is made of. I would have benched him to avoid further injury to his shoulder.

It's a bruised shoulder, so it's not the type of thing that would be prone to further injury. His chances of getting seriously injured playing with a bruised shoulder are no greater than at any other time. In other words, if he gets hit today and dislocates his shoulder the existing bruise will have nothing to do with it. The decision to play him or not should be based on his tolerance for pain and the mobility in his throwing shoulder.

It's a bruised shoulder, so it's not the type of thing that would be prone to further injury. His chances of getting seriously injured playing with a bruised shoulder are no greater than at any other time. In other words, if he gets hit today and dislocates his shoulder the existing bruise will have nothing to do with it. The decision to play him or not should be based on his tolerance for pain and the mobility in his throwing shoulder.

Agreed. and is the exact reason I would not start him. he hits the ground hard on that shoulder once and IMO he is coming out.

Agreed. and is the exact reason I would not start him. he hits the ground hard on that shoulder once and IMO he is coming out.

If he can throw the ball effectively, I'd start him.

I'm sure he'll be shot up on cortizone or something for the pain, so as long as the mobility is there in the shoulder he should start.

IMO, if you're not going to start him for fear of him getting hurt, then you should never start him. Having a bruised shoulder should in no way increase the odds of him getting injured.

This is right on the money. If the shoulder is only bruised it's all on Eli and how he can ignore the pain. I'm still not starting Burress although I'm starting to think I should. :D

If he can throw the ball effectively, I'd start him.

I'm sure he'll be shot up on cortizone or something for the pain, so as long as the mobility is there in the shoulder he should start.

IMO, if you're not going to start him for fear of him getting hurt, then you should never start him. Having a bruised shoulder should in no way increase the odds of him getting injured.

The fact that it almost kept him out 4 weeks says it does increase the odds IMO.

But is he really hurt or did he just get an owwee that the'yre making a big deal of to make his GB guess??

If I was GB this week, I prep for Eli.

And if he doesn't play, I do a cartwheel and sick the dogs of the DL on Lorenzen.