[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's happened to Saints?

coachharry

The biggest problem with their offense is they only have one legit WR, and they are trying to make Bush into something he isn't. Let McAllister carry the load, and put Bush in the slot. The only time Bush should be in the backfield is on 3rd and long situations as a 3rd down back. He doesn't scare anyone running up the middle, and while he is a threat to take one to the house on any play, he is just as likely if not more so to loose yardage trying to.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pass offense and defensive numbers are just plain ugly to look at:

Defense

Tied for last in # of sacks recorded (0).

Dead last in defense for yards per completion (11.5)

5th to last in pass defense for first downs (41.3%)

Tied for last in pass plays given up over 20 yards (11)

Dead last in pass plays given up over 40 yards (5)

Dead last in opposing teams QB rating (137.1)

Offense

4th to last at first down's by pass.(25.9%)

Tied for last with yards per completion (5.3)

Mare's kicking woes aren't helping anything either...he's 1/3 and looks like he has 0 confidence.

Reggie Bush is still awesome on Madden...he is still really overrated though (although I HATE Peyton Manning, atleast he deserves all the commercial time he gets...what has Reggie Bush done?). I still think he can be a great player...but not with McCallister sharing the backfield. They are both great backs, but this year it doesn't seem they are using them enough to get either in rhythm.

NO isn't a run first to set up the pass team, it's pass to set up the run. The way teams are taking away the deep middle with the cover 2, they can't run. No one is scared of Brees right now, and until he proves them wrong...this team goes nowhere.

This and the strong schedule are pretty much the only two things I disagree with in this thread. Brees had no trouble getting the ball deep down field last year or this year in preseason. He hasn't been able to do it this year because the defense is taking it away by playing deep. As for the schedule, sure Indy is one of the best teams around right now, but you can't blame a loss to Tampa Bay on the schedule.

Sums it up pretty well. :D

How convenient for you. :D I still stand by what I said, you may end up right in the long run but to make that call after one game against one of the best teams in the league was a load of BS. You can hold it over my head all season long (lets hope we don't suck that long) but it was still a ridiculously premature statement to make at the time.

I wouldn't let a guy who tried to convince everyone Vick was innocent beyond a doubt forecasting the Saints rile you up Rajn.

Reggie Bush is the Anna Kournikova of football.

Looks good in the media, crappy singles player, but can sniff a championship with a really good doubles partner.

Odds are he doesn't marry a hockey player though.

:D ... then again, by tomorrow, there will likely be a line in Vegas on the Reggie Bush / Hockey Player possibility ... :D

I wouldn't let a guy who tried to convince everyone Vick was innocent beyond a doubt forecasting the Saints rile you up Rajn.

No worries there, it takes a lot more than that to rile me up. BB knows I'm a big Saints homer, I know he's just yanking my chain. :D