[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Overrated

ThatDude

I'm a huge Texas fan and as much as it hurts me to say this I think the Longhorns are overrated this year. That said I really think there's a big drop off after the top 5 teams. It looks like OU is the team to beat this year in the Big 12 and I think they have a great chance at the Nation Title.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a huge Texas fan and as much as it hurts me to say this I think the Longhorns are overrated this year. That said I really think there's a big drop off after the top 5 teams. It looks like OU is the team to beat this year in the Big 12 and I think they have a great chance at the Nation Title.

As a Sooner, born and bred, I can't imagine how much that hurt. You have my respect and best wishes, Dude.

Texas probably beats 2 of the top 5 right now.

No way. I think even the Ags have a shot at beating this Texas team and I'm not even sure they can win another Big 12 game... :D

A team that barely beats Arkansas St and Central Florida isn't beating 2 of the top 5 teams in the country.

Edited by myhousekey

Texas probably beats 2 of the top 5 right now.

No way. The Horns can't get out of their own way. They should be #12-#14 right now, at best.

My Top 10 is ....

USC

Florida

Oklahoma

LSU

West Virginia

Oregon

Boston College

Ohio St.

Cal

Penn St.

The Sooners have a lot of talent, as usual, but their weak schedule will hurt them when they play a tough team and face some Iin game adversity. I don't believe in Florida and I think LSU is vulnerable because of their QB and offense. I think that at the end of the year were going to see Oklahoma and SC in the title game, with the usual result, when these two face each other.

Edited by theprofessor

No way. The Horns can't get out of their own way. They should be #12-#14 right now, at best.

My Top 10 is ....

USC

Florida

Oklahoma

LSU

Oklahoma

West Virginia

Oregon

Boston College

Ohio St.

Cal

The Sooners have a lot of talent, as usual, but their weak schedule will hurt them when they play a tough team and face some Iin game adversity. I don't believe in Florida and I think LSU is vulnerable because of their QB and offense. I think that at the end of the year were going to see Oklahoma and SC in the title game, with the usual result, when these two face each other.

That has to be a good sign, you have Oklahoma listed twice.

Bottom line, I agree. It will be OU and SC, but you are obviously biased to your opinion, and rightfully so. But this isnt yesterdays SC team. Not even close.

That has to be a good sign, you have Oklahoma listed twice.

Bottom line, I agree. It will be OU and SC, but you are obviously biased to your opinion, and rightfully so. But this isnt yesterdays SC team. Not even close.

I knew you'd appreciate that :D I made the corrections above and slid Penn Sate in the #10 spot (with Wisconsin, Texas, Rutgers, Clemson and Kentucky rounding out the Top 15)

Not sure if you meant USC is worse or better, but I'd say its overall about the same. That is, we are better now at almost every O and D skill position, except QB, RB1 and maybe WR1 - and the drop off is not as dramatic as you might think there. Talent is there, just need more game experience to prove it.

It is typically difficult to replace 2 Heisman winners, but Booty is growing in confidence and experience with every game, and has a calmness I didn't see last year. In the all important trenches (both sides,) I'd say we are at least as good now as those NC teams - Booty has been sacked once in 3 games, the run game is more than solid on our side and almost non-existent on the opponent's side.

If you can't stop our run and we can stop yours all night, you have no chance of beating us - although I'll say now a mobile QB like OR's Dickson can give us a little trouble. Overall, I'd say the 2007 Trojans match up nicely with any team put in front of them, and are rightfully counted as one of the 2 teams in the conversation for the NC game.

I'll reserve judgement until after the last regular games on 12/1; but for now the top 5 are still the top 5, and we don't know enough to separate them much more than that yet. Sooners have the easiest path with only 1 tough game all year, so I expect to see them there IF (big if) they can go undefeated. WVU could go undefeated and still miss out vs. a 1-loss USC/LSU/FLA team, due to perceived SOS, as long as that loss was not a blowout at home for any of those teams.

Have fun boys, and enjoy the next 10 weeks of the best sport in the world. I know I will....

Edit: our tough stretch doesn't begin until 10/27 v. OR, so I expect USC to be ranked #1 going into that one. Then I can start getting nervous. This week the only marquee matchup in the country is CAL v. OR. Should be a good one...

Edited by Coffeeman

gimme a break. Texas is not very good - put em in a full Pac 10 schedule- they come out with 2-3 losses.

They are a fraud this year, and will not be tested much in a very down Big 12

Cal, Oregon and SC definately beats the Longhorns this year and UCLA or ASU have a great shot at beating them too.

Cal, Oregon and SC definately beats the Longhorns this year and UCLA or ASU have a great shot at beating them too.

Yep, I think those top 3 are the likely losses he was referring to there. I think TX would handle UCLA and ASU tho. And the Sooners might beat maybe 9 or all 10, depending on the night and a couple lucky breaks.

I do not think my Trojans are invincible, not yet anyway....

Yep, I think those top 3 are the likely losses he was referring to there. I think TX would handle UCLA and ASU tho. And the Sooners might beat maybe 9 or all 10, depending on the night and a couple lucky breaks.

I do not think my Trojans are invincible, not yet anyway....

uh, I think our little demented hick from Texas was referring to the top 5 in America, not the Pac 10...............

uh, I think our little demented hick from Texas was referring to the top 5 in America, not the Pac 10...............

Yes he was - I was referring to (and validating) what you said. I'm sure Sarge was thinking about WVU, maybe USC and either FLA or LSU, whichever one he thinks is the weaker of the 2 SEC teams. Whatever, Sarge does this every year, its tradition.

I have no problem with people being homers and fan(atic)s for their teams. You guys shouldn't get into such personal pissing matches - believing strongly about your team is what its all about here...

Edited by Coffeeman

Yes he was - I was referring to (and validating) what you said. I'm sure Sarge was thinking about WVU, maybe USC and either FLA or LSU, whichever one he thinks is the weaker of the 2 SEC teams. Whatever, Sarge does this every year, its tradition.

I have no problem with people being homers and fan(atic)s for their teams. You guys shouldn't get into such personal pissing matches - believing strongly about your team what its all about here...

fair enough

ahh- ok. Well, I just like a little dose of reality and humility from time to time.

Nation-wide the Pac 10 has been USC and the little sisters of the poor the last few years, now that we look strong overall- payback time.