[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Jackson Owner Support Group

gilthorp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, could it also be that the Rams had three (and at times today - four) players on their O-line that were either backups or playing out of position? There were no holes today, and my seats are in the end zone so I have a good view. It would have been nice to see them throw the ball to him more, but until this patchwork O-line figures out how to block, he's in trouble.

Jackson wasn't a bad pick, he's being hampered by O-line injuries. I gues DMD and the boys were supposed to forsee that?

STL Fan, were you at the game again today? Did you see the blocks he whiffed that resulted in BUlger getting the crap knocked out of him? I would expect that would tend to sour relations with the young padawan.

STL Fan, were you at the game again today? Did you see the blocks he whiffed that resulted in BUlger getting the crap knocked out of him? I would expect that would tend to sour relations with the young padawan.

I did see that, yes, and I know I've said in the past that he wasn't a bad blocker. He didn't show that today, that's for sure. Of course he can't block three guys and at times that was what he would've had to do, but the fact remains that he didn't do a great job of pickups today. Especially considering the state of the O-line, he has to get better at that, for sure.

I did see that, yes, and I know I've said in the past that he wasn't a bad blocker. He didn't show that today, that's for sure. Of course he can't block three guys and at times that was what he would've had to do, but the fact remains that he didn't do a great job of pickups today. Especially considering the state of the O-line, he has to get better at that, for sure.

Yeah, hopefully someone will :D him and point out that as good a rusher and receiver as Marshall was, he was a better blocker. I expect his reply might be, "If they just give me the ball, I won't have to block." :D

Edited by cre8tiff

Yeah, hopefully someone will :D him and point out that as good a rusher and receiver as Marshall was, he was a better blocker. I expect his reply might be, "If they just give me the ball, I won't have to block." :D

:wacko: I don't entirely disagree with that. I'd have liked to see them throw to him a little more today, since the run wasn't working. Solves both problems.