[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Janikowski got ICED

STL Fan

Denver tells the ref that they're going to call a TO right before the potentially winning field goal is kicked by Oakland. Janikowski kicks it through, but the ref gives Denver the TO. Second attempt is wide and Denver wins the game on the ensuing drive.

Gotta believe Janikowski goes a little John Daly tonight over this one ... :D

Gotta believe he probably would have anyway. He doesn't need much of a reason.

Denver tells the ref that they're going to call a TO right before the potentially winning field goal is kicked by Oakland. Janikowski kicks it through, but the ref gives Denver the TO. Second attempt is wide and Denver wins the game on the ensuing drive.

I saw that and that's a rule that somehow needs to be changed. If the refs knew there was going to be a timeout couldn't they have stopped the play before they go ahead with the kick.

I saw that and that's a rule that somehow needs to be changed. If the refs knew there was going to be a timeout couldn't they have stopped the play before they go ahead with the kick.

Meh. More interesting to let the kick go and see what it would have done ... I don't think the effort tired out the Jank causing him to miss the next one .. or at least it shouldn't have ... Though with his "conditioning", it's hard to tell. :D

I thought for sure he'd be looking for a job after LAST week ... he was missing them horribly last week

They blew the whistle before the ball was kicked, really before it was even snapped. It was probably just too loud to hear it.

Missing a 52 yard field goal has nothing to do with being "iced".

Well, that's why Denver did it, no doubt. You could definitely argue about whether or not that's why he missed the second one, but the fact remains that he thought he won the game, then had to do the same thing again and blew it.

If you ask the Broncos, they'll say that's the definition of "iced."

Anyone who thinks any FG is a given is a fool.

As a Rams fan, I know this all too well. All I was saying is that Denver called the TO to "ice" the kicker, and he ended up missing a FG that he had just proven he could hit.

Whether or not you believe the TO had anything to do with that or not, the Broncos believe it works at least occasionally or they wouldn't have done it.

I don't think the TO has anything to do with it, I think the percentages did. If that makes sense. :D

Makes perfect sense. But with a head-case like Jank, who knows?

Surprised nobody mentioned that his miss from 52 yards out bounced off the TOP of the upright. That is alot of leg!

That's true, there was enough leg for a 60-yarder!